Page:
DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
In regards to the free "COL4 Video" that the submitters recieve (and the two free videos that the used submitters get) Can we choose to recieve it in DVD or VHS? Or for the submitions that get used, a combination of the two (one VHS, one DVD) or two DVD...? I only ask because I recently got a DVD player too, and I figured it might be cool to try out a DVD version. If so, maybe we could all choose the format we want to recieve. Not all people have VHS players and not all people have DVD players.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

markeesparkmember
62 posts

Posted:
Good to hear,
The posie biteing there fingernails in antisipation.we look forward to the finished product.Cheers for replying,keep up the good work ...
Mark ,Tris & Pual The CCC.

Markeespark Sparkeemark & me

markeesparkmember
62 posts

Posted:
The fact that Im posting after myslef my make me look a little egar however I am posting for three poeple so....
So Malcom hows things going are you close to a finished product,is there an E.T.A on the next installment into the col hall of flame?
Also hows the weather in ch ch any sub zeros yet?
* the central city circus *

Markeespark Sparkeemark & me

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
erm, it's 1:09am here, so it must be 2:09am there. give or take on your 'earth' seconds!
:beam me up: i've got humpback whales to save, scotty!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Markspark.

The video will still be a while yet, I know malcolm spent pretty much the whole weekend on it and there's astill a lot of work to do...

Kinda like the Brittomart gig, still lots to sort out and only a week or so to go!

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Yeah guy's we should appreciate how much effort he's putting in to the "best col video ever!". Cheer's to Malcom.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Oh boy ! yay ! nothing else to say

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
Woohoo!!!!! You're fast Malcolm!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see it!!!!

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
Well done Malcolm.

So, if the DVD will be released later, please can whoever is on the tape choose to wait for the DVD as their free copy (I don't have a vhs player).

That would be great.

Jo.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Ditto...

Do we have that choice to choose?

Thanks Malcolm, and well done!

dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
When will we know whose videos will be used??

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Getting excited to see who get's in ( god this is worse than the NBA draft) biteing fingernails at this moment .

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Ok, I see the video's in the shop. Anyone seen it? Actually I don't want to know

When would the Dvd be on sale Malcolm? I'm absolutely dying to see it

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

6,978 posts

Posted:
that's great cus then geeks like me who prefer to watch stuff on computer instead (i watch the news like 3 times a day) can talk on HoP while watching HoP fwirlage happen.
I'll treat it like a birthday present only i didn't necessarily deserve it and it's not my birthday.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Malcolm. Would it help if those that were overly interested were to pay in advance? Would that make it easier on you?

I'd quite happilly pay in advance to get my greedy little fingers on a copy of COL4 dvd....

Currently on the right side up of the world.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
I feel it would help if about 100 people paid in advance, but too many under that it probably wouldn't make a difference.

Encouraging others to buy from HoP would likely make more of a difference faster and in the long run.

But I'm sure I have no idea what I'm talking about and Malcolm will correct me shortly...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

6,978 posts

Posted:
If it can drive costs down, i used to create user interfaces as a graffix designer, and could make flamey DVD menus / 3D rendered animations / DVD artworks that could simply be placed on a CD of pictures and animations that could be used as a source for the people that are to begin the DVD authoring process.
Templates are tasty, especially when they are offered... free!

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
Got my copy, thanks Malcolm. I'll watch it tonight with lady Cassandra who has been begging for it since she isn't getting her own tape. :-)

One question though: i thought we would get 1 copy in VHS, and the other one would be sent to us later, either VHS or DVD. Or did i misunderstand?...

Nomad

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
Got my copy, thanks Malcolm. I'll watch it tonight with lady Cassandra who has been begging for it since she isn't getting her own tape. :-)

One question though: i thought we would get 1 copy in VHS, and the other one would be sent to us later, either VHS or DVD. Or did i misunderstand?...

Nomad

6,978 posts

Posted:
as i understand it, the DVDs are an option that is gunna take alot of clams to undertake - so the complimentary copies are of the available VHS sort. happy viewing and remember to post what Cass heckles!
seeyas mate!
BTW bridge twirlage! youse be a smooooth twirler!

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
Cass wasn't that bad, you should have heard me :-)

Thanks Bender. We only watched it once and i was quite sleepy but if i remember correctly you have a pretty good style yourself. I have to say that there was a lot of good stuff on the video , probably the best quality overall compared to previous COLs, but there was nothing outstanding on there like Sage was on #2 for example.

I liked Central City Circus folks and Jo Derry the most technically. And there were really nice esthetic pieces by a girls pair, Pele's Element if i remember correctly. Gotta watch it one more time.

Nomad

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
I have yet to see any of the COLs (yes it is a sin but I am waiting on them to come out on DVD ) anyhoo I would like to know if people submit diabolo and devil stick footage?

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

6,978 posts

Posted:
i dunno about diablo, but i can definitely confirm that in COL4 there's an entry of fire devilstix shot in such a way that cool shadows are warped along the corner of the room of the performance. and stuff.

Page: