Axenewbie
28 posts

Posted:
Ok, I need a bit of help. I'm just about to make myself a new staff, but I'm not too sure about how to go about one detail of the construction.
My idea is to take the blades off a couple of juggling knives and attach them to the end of a staff. But I'm not too sure on how to go about fixing the blades onto the staff. Anybody got any ideas?

WintermuteLost in the world but loving it :)
119 posts

Posted:
Ummmmmmmmmmmm, why the hell would you want to do that???????

You could buy a double bladed naginta for about £50 off the internet, and its a proper weapon

Anyways seriously are you using metal tube for the staff, cos you could slot the blades in and glue or weld them (2 part epoxy anyone)

Still don't understand why tho?!?!?!?!?!

If fishes were wishes we'd all cast nets

Foraumember
81 posts

Posted:
Wait here, you want to add sharp fixed blades to a twirling staff?
One tip, measure lenghts verry verry carefull.
Because I don't want you to chop your arm off when you gie it a spinn.

Thenagain, you propably allready thought of that

Axenewbie
28 posts

Posted:
The idea is to make a staff that'll look good on a bright sunny day. Therefore, I want quite a large blade on either end. Juggling knives (not sharp) tend to have a good surface area, and so should look good. A naginata's blade doesn't tend to have the width I was looking for.

Although a naginata would be fun, of course

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
Cool idea, i've got some shiny sticks that look funky and flashy in the sunlight, but your idea sounds like it'd look wicked. The knives would spin during certain moves, which'd look funky.

But i can't think of a way of attaching them so they wouldn't break off when slammed into the ground.

And sharp or not, they'd still hurt like hell when you hit yourself.

Not that that's ever stopped anyone...

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

Axenewbie
28 posts

Posted:
Well, it's made!!

I ended up socketing the ends of the staff section and inserting the ends of the knife hilts. Added some dowling rod for a bit of extra strength, used wood glue as the main adhesive, and then a couple of short screws on either end for a bit of added security. I'm gonna add some duct tape around the joins as well in order just to add a little bit more safety. but it does look really quite mean . I'll post a pic of it as soon as I've got one.

CinderpupSILVER Member
30 posts

Posted:
Does anyone remember those little light up swords they would seel at fireworks and stuff? I def. Wanna get a pair of those and slap 'em on the ends of a staff. hehe I've been putting together a bunch of glow stuff so that I can sling/spin indoors with the cooler weather comin down on me Brrrr But yeah, I hope to have it made by HoP Day

Nate

And where I go the flame shall follow. Be warmed by my outward souls flare and may it guide you through darkened paths.