Forums > Beginner Staff Moves > Right, these ElectroGloStaffs?????

Login/Join to Participate

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
Okay, was just about to order one when page re-directed me to an mpeg of it.

Glad it did cos its NOT what I thought it was...

What I'm after (in fact gagging for... thats sad inst it!) is a staff with a normal middle but LED lights on the ENDS of the staff, not an entire lit up staff, doesnt seem to look as cool...

So... does anyone know where I could get one? Or potentially make one??

Or am i completly wrong regaridng the staff and it is in fact what i want?

This is what I saw...

Non-Https Image Link

but this doesnt fit with the others pics i've seen

please help...

vic xx

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
The Electoglow staff only has a LED at each END of the staff.

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

lluhmasmember
63 posts

Posted:
Im assuming your looking for a staff with only the ends lit up, right?
Ive got two electroglos now...the leds are in the ends, sure, but there is an opaque reflective film which reflects the light down the tube.
The light weakens CONSIDERABLY as it gets to the middle, and as the batteries get weaker it will hardly be lit in the middle at all.
The electroglo staffs are AWESOME. Go for one. or even better, two. They are so worth it. They do look completly different to a fire staff but they feel completly different too.
With speed it looks just awesome, like huge blue blades slicing through the sky.
Buy one.

BAHOOGA! It's the penguin-people!Gertrude, get me my lollypop and we'll lick 'em to death..and?

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
i made a staff, i put tennis balls on the ends.

i cut slits in the tennis balls, as to wedge my photons in.. even played with some bubble wrap configurations to refract the light more.

easy. cheap. minimal tools required. i'm partial to only having the ends lit too..

Stevilmember
18 posts

Posted:
Making your own gear is authentic!

Um to ask a silly question.

Rex: Where did you get the photons from?

Chair stoppers on the end of the tube may be a little easier to put on the end of the staff? (Got this hint from a friend who made a glow staff)

Thanks

quote:
Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
I'd recommend the glow staff, its mostly only the ends that glow (can depend on how dark it is around you) and if you really want to stop the middle from glowing at all you could cover it with tape or even try taking the special film out if you get a staff with removable LED units.
So far I'm really impressed with its strength and durability. The first time I took it to my Student Union during an event I dropped it and some guy walked straight over it (obviously didn't notice the bright blue metre long thing on the floor) not a scratch though!

I also have some of the glow poi and i've just put some pictures here the effect is much the same.

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
you're all stars thank you

i was really concerned about the staves, i think i'll order one though (i guess if i really dont like it i could always return it or sell it on)

now the conflict of which color...

mehehe...

hey tom, which student union? i reckon mine wouldnt notice a fire ball in their face never mind a blue metre!!!!

vic xx

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Get TWO!

This means you can play with a friend and work on some doubles when your alone. When your friend wants to keep it, sell it for loads and get two more!

I ordered one to see what they were like and they are cracking for the low cost. Would be good if Malcolm could offer some kind of bulk battery purchase for groups of spinners, that is if he hasn't already!

Remember - TWO

I ended up chopping my (blue - ooh) one up and adding swivels to make some lightweight nunchuku for a close friend.

They make really smooth trails and he loves them dearly, the only troble is now I have no electroglow staffs and I turn into a clepto when I see a pair.

Where are you Cantus, give us a go....

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Does Malcolm sell these batteries?

I thought that I had read it but couldn't find it in the shop.
I know this has been talked about before and you can get em bulk on the internet, so please don't shout point at me

Cheers

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You can play at PIP Tempest. I have a red one and a green one.

Plus I now have electroglo poi thanx to the generosity of Malcolm and his gift giving ways.

One of the best presents I've had in ages......

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Thank you for that by the way Malcolm. And for the other stuff too.
Muchly appreciated.
Still think you're confusing me with someone else though.....

[ 17 April 2002, 14:17: Message edited by: C@ntus ]

Meh

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
Stevil, i got these nifty photons when Malcom was running a great sale on them.. 7 USD each for a white and blue, then 4 USD each for 2 whites.. very nice

Sadly, i don't see them anymore..any chance of getting a good deal on some more Malcom? or dare i say.. Rav'N Lights?

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
hi.. I GOT MY gloSTAFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

although its completly scratched, beaten up and dont shout at me, but i think "already used"

dont really know what to do, it arrived way quicker than i thought which i totally appreciated so dont want to kick up a fuss about it, and i dont want to have to send it back and then wait for another one. ARGH!!

What do people reckon I do?

vic xx

p.s. I am NOT dissing the staff, its wicked and i bet every single one sent from the site is, just i'm upset about THIS ones condition (thought id say that incase i accidently decreased the staff sales on the site!!)

p.s. just to remind everyone that the delivery service is FAB, got this is 6 days and my book in 9... oooh!

lluhmasmember
63 posts

Posted:
I got one from juggleart in melbourne, australia. It arrived in two days and while it was not battered and scratched, it did crack early on from pulling the stoppers off and on.
Not impressed. Other than that they are great.
Anyone know of a way to stop the film slidding inside the tube? it always ends up twisting, revealing one of the LED's...
any ideas?

BAHOOGA! It's the penguin-people!Gertrude, get me my lollypop and we'll lick 'em to death..and?

firecastermember
10 posts

Posted:
i have come across a great new product that the company says is virtually indestructable. It makes the perfect glostaff. Unfortunatly i can't tell u what it is until mine arives and i give it my seal of approval. I never recomend a product until i have tried it. stay tuned for more news on this one.

Dance my children, light up the skies, become one with the music, Thumpatron is with you. -The Thumpatron Clan.

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
All praise Malcolm!!

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
happy smiles and giggly thanks!

ahem

vic xx

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
malcolm is a STAR!!

i'm getting a replacement tube in the post so my staff will look all pretty again...

thanks malcolm!!

vic xx

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Mines busted!

dont know how, but the led unit has cracked inside the tube. anyone know if I can get replacemnts? (shure it hasnt been treated that roughly)

Love

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti