Page:
Hecatonchiresmember
45 posts

Posted:
There's a [hopefully] regular twirling session occuring in Wollongong [NSW, Australia].

Where:
Market Square Park,
Corner Market St and Harbour St

When:
7:30ish Wednesday Nights

What:
Staff, Poi, Drums, etc.

Market Square is across the road from St Mary's School. Its the size of one block, so its pretty easy to find people. Plenty of parking around the side in Market Place.

We had about 7 people last night, + a guy with an awesome camera - photo's soon, and quite a few people stopped to watch [ooooh, ahhhhh].

--Luke

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
so why didnt you have this going when i lived in the gong??

only moved out 4 months ado now

blair

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming "WOO-HOO What a ride!"

ThomasBRONZE Member
55 posts

Posted:
hey, I'll come down for that, i live in fairy meadow. cant wait, see yous tomorrow.

Thomas

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
excuse me please... so sorry to interupt and change the subject a little...
but did you say you live in "fairy meadow"... that's the sweetest place name I've ever heard of... I must go and visit one day... near Wolloongong then I presume? wow! .:*:.

sorry...

Hecatonchiresmember
45 posts

Posted:
And a good time was had by all. Thomas goes _off_, corksrewing, windmilling and extra beat weaving, all at insanely high speeds Far exceeding my own meagre talents anyway

Remember, anyone welcome. We had a few new faces, and a few others were sick. Of everyone turns up at the same time, it will be huge.

Fairy Meadow is a little beach suburb, just north of north wollongong. Home of the infamous monument to american ideals, the Northgate centre, which houses blockbuster, redrooster, chillis, McDonalds, a Pizza place and one of the those 'more than just a petrol station' petrol stations all in one convenient strip mall.

--Luke

ThomasBRONZE Member
55 posts

Posted:
Yeah Fairy Meadow has a nice name but thats about it. Thanks Luke, I like how you do different butterfly variations. I'll be down there next week too, plus I'll bring my beamers (very painful beamers), I had heaps of fun last night, thanks.

Thomas

AlteraSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
wow wow wow... i didnt know there was a serious firetwirling crew down in wollongong... well i wont be there for about the next 3 weeks cause im in a play which opens next wednesday and then am going on a 200km hike....(Katoomba to mittagong if you know the area) but hey give me a month and ill be down there!!!!!

mad im already excited i havent had a good twirl with some people for ages!!!

moopesmember
11 posts

Posted:
Hey Luke and Thomas, I had the best time last week and can't wait till next wednesday it's about time there was a fire dancing night in the gong, i love it, lets hope everyone can make it this week

see yoooos on wednesday / WOOT WOOT

Gav:)

Free the mayhem in y'r mind release the need inside of you

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
hey is domenika still twirling??

what about gav (say high to him from blair if you see him)

may be down soon to twirl with you guys but want be for a couple of weeks

come up to sydeny on sunday night we are having a twirl party

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming "WOO-HOO What a ride!"

moopesmember
11 posts

Posted:
^^^^ Hey Blair

Long time no see, me and some (soesn't look like many cause they'll be off doofin) of the wollongong crew will be headin up to glebe on sunday so i'll see you there mate

Gav

AlteraSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
whats the go with the wollongong crew at the moment people? you having regular meets or have and meets planed??

ThomasBRONZE Member
55 posts

Posted:
hey, sorry i havent been there, in hiroshima at the moment, but i fly in on wednesday morning so hopefully i can make it that night. see you"s soon.
~Tom

Thomas

moopesmember
11 posts

Posted:
Altera

Every wednesday night at market square there are firetwirlers and drummers, i wasn't there last wednesday night cause i was away camping and apparently it didn't happen cause it rained anyway

This wednesday will be on as usual and so will every other wednesday unless it rains or the world blows up

Hope to see you there have a nice day

Gav

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
When you guy's are done there come and join us.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

Zedmember
13 posts

Posted:
Hi,
Totally new to Poi but have become totally addicted to it! Live in the south of sydney ('The SHire'). Would love to meet up with other people to give us a hand. Wollongong sounds great..i may come down one Wednesday. But does anyone know what goes on in Sydney?

MogliGOLD Member
19 posts

Posted:
Is the gathering in Newtown on Wednesdays or Thursdays? I forget.

Live life, don't just exist.

moopesmember
11 posts

Posted:
^^^ It used be on a wednesday night in newtown but i haven't been in a long long time

Come to wollongong on a wednesday night we need more people

MogliGOLD Member
19 posts

Posted:
I would totally get down to the Gong but I'm off to europe on Monday. I'll definitely try and get some friends down who I've introduced poi to.
I'll be back in Sydney in October and I'll probably stay for the summer so I'll definitely have to check out the fire scene in more detail seeing as I haven't really been home since I started spinning.

Live life, don't just exist.

Pirate BoyBRONZE Member
20 posts

Posted:
hey ,
I assume that this is happening every wensday?
If it is i'll be there, and will bring some people+cameras+drums+fuel+gear
Also if anyone is interested I produce fire products to any specifcations.
Well Cya there.

Only the insane prosper,
Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane...

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
the whick efect disbanded last year

at present there is no groups twirling in newtown on a wednesday night

its pritty much thursday night i glebe only now
sept for the odd friendly fire gatherings about once a months on a sunday night

am going to try and get down tot eh gong next wednesday to come twirling with you guys (need time ou from sydney)

moopesmember
11 posts

Posted:
Linsay & Blair

Where were you guys ? ? ? ? ?? ?

it was an awesome night, so many surprises it's a shame you guys didn't turn up and surprise us aswell

aw well maybe next week then

gretelmember
47 posts

Posted:
not to take people away from ur wollongong sessions but there seems to be a few people here looking for places in sydney....
i also live and sydney and am looking for some people to twirl with...
id come down to wollongong but im down there ever other day maybe if u guys r still going next session ill be able to join ya's
anyway just an idea... and ive been told theres a group down cronulla on a thurs night but havent had a chance to check it out cause of work and ive only heard that down the grape vine...
gret

Hecatonchiresmember
45 posts

Posted:
For those whove asked, yes, Wednesday nights in Market Square is still on, and going strong.

I've finally gotten around to applying for a photo account to post some images to. These are by Jake from our first night - mostly of Gav and Amanda.

Dan has taken some great shots from our latest night, and when we get more organised, I'll get them off him and post them too. Or let him post them. 150k of pictures? Miniscule. I've optimised them to 320x240, which is tiny, and highly compressed. If you want larger versions, let me know.

Remember, started by 8:00pm, Market Square Park, Wollongong, Wednesday nights.

--Luke

AlteraSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
hopefully soon i will be orginised enough to come down soon.... any of you guys know any twirlers in the Sourthern Highlands.... i live closer to sydney but i go to school down there and most of my twirling jobs are down there... i was looking for a few other twirls to do some troop shows!

Pirate BoyBRONZE Member
20 posts

Posted:
What if its raining?

Only the insane prosper,
Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane...

Hecatonchiresmember
45 posts

Posted:
Last time it rained, I was the only one there, so I twirled in and around the bandstand for about 1/2 an hour, and then left.

I then caught a cold.

yes, yes, I know allready.

I know its wet today, but if that rain looks like letting up, come along ^_^ It's normally more cold than wet anyway, at that time of night. The temperature change from sunset that normally brings rain is finished, and it often lets up for a while.

So unless its really pissing down, come along, or I'll make Gav do to you. He'll enjoy it too...

--Luke

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
i know gav loves to do it
he is a kinky boy that one

say high to gav for me (pinky or blair not sure which he knows me as)

wish i could make it down but will be on my way up north for 2 months tinight

sarah...member
339 posts

Posted:
hello all you lovely sydney and wollongong people! anything ever happen on the central coast that you know of? i just moved here and it rains and theres never anything anywhere ever!!!
love and light
sarah

Fire... A bushmans telly

Hecatonchiresmember
45 posts

Posted:
Some pictures have been uploaded of our very first ever night here. They are tiny, because I'd like to add more. And one of the thumbnails is screwy. No idea who the guy in the red shirt is.

Bandstand looks good eh? Hope to get some pcis from Dan soon. He took a few good ones.

Remember, wednesdays when its not raining

--Luke

moopesmember
11 posts

Posted:
WHAT THE FAARRRRK

I won't be doin >> to know one

Thats all

Gav

ThomasBRONZE Member
55 posts

Posted:
hey, sorry didnt come down on wednesday, but I will be there this wednesday, as well as with my new double 4in poi (brand new) and one of my friends from jervis bay is coming up too. cant wait, see you's soon.

Thomas

Page: