.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Hey Gorgeous People!

This month’s moonfest, on Friday 20th December, is Yellow and being so close to Summer Solstice (22nd) I thought we could celebrate this as well. Dress in yellow like the radiant sun, adorn your hair with a wreath made from bright yellow sunflowers or bring a plate of summery food to share.

Remember too, that moonfest is your festival… If you have a performance, service or interactive activity you’d like to share, please feel free to express them here… Moonfest is a relaxed, casual atmosphere, where you’re all encouraged to be expressive and have fun… Come and be the festival. Dance, sing, twirl, play music, massage, share food, decorate, …be festive

You may have noticed, I have stopped doing Chai and treats at Moon Fest. It was wearing me out, carrying the heavy pots of chai and mugs up and down the hill, washing up, & generally not having a fun time… I realised that Moonfest is for EVERYONE to enjoy themselves (even me…hehehe) so in letting go of that huge mammoth effort each month, I can now, dance, twirl, play and generally have fun at moonfest… which is what it’s all about! In saying this, I’d like to encourage everyone to bring along something to share. Feel free to go around with a basket of samosas/nories/spring rolls or a plate of fruit/bickies/cake or other delicious treats, and ask for donations towards your efforts. Set up your Henna stall, massage table or rug, bring your, drums, fire toys and dancing feet for a dance, twirl and Jam. It’s a Festive*all… All Festive

Speaking of being Festive and having fun, the Brisdjembe Drumming Retreat is on the Weekend of the 7th and 8th of December. All you need to pay for is your camping fee, for a wonderful weekend of rhythm with like-minded people. This friendly drum and dance circle, gathers every Thursday night at Celebration Lawn in Roma St Parklands. Visit www.brisdjembe.org for more info.

This month we have a New Moon and Solar Eclipse on 4th December around 5:30pm. If you’re planning to head out to the Eclipse Festival, (Central Australia) have a beautiful time and say hello to all those gorgeous people out there for me… But those of you (like me) who are staying in the area, look up to the skies around 5:30 in the arvo, and we should be able to witness a little of this amazing happening… The best place to view the Solar Eclipse is in Central Aus… The rest of us will only catch a glimpse… but a glimpse is better than nothing… and just the energy of the sun, moon and earth in alignment is something special. I have noticed many people around me shift and change at this time… It seems as if everyone is focusing on getting there life on track, back on that path that they may have temporarily lost sight of… getting sidetracked, chasing butterflies or something… but now everything is falling into place, dreams coming true, problems are being solved… conclusions, new beginnings, transformations, change and a sense of empowerment.

The Woodford Folk Fest is on the last week of the December, leading up to a Fire Event finally on New Year’s Day. Music, Dance, Workshops, Market Stalls, Delicious Food, Kids Festival, Street Theatre… and so much more. Contact QFF PO BOX 840 Nambour Q 4560. Ph: 5496 1066 Fax: 5496 3196

Bec and I will be running a Fire Twirling Workshop on Sunday 12th January at Moora Park on Shorncliffe’s foreshore. The Workshop will cater for absolute beginners and also those who may have had a little experience, taking you through, from wherever you’re at, to a light up fire play after dusk. A relaxed casual atmosphere, with tutors of 7 years experience… Breaking down complex moves into an easily comprehensive structure. The Workshop is from 4:30~7pm and focuses on Staff & poi twirling technique as well as information about safety and fuels to use. Cost is only $25, so Book in early to ensure a place. Contact Bec: 3869 2189 or mobile 0438 692 189 or email moonfest@bigpond.com

Now… speaking of Fire twirling, just some helpful info for all of you out there who are still using stinky old blue Kero… Did you know you could get fire-twirling fuel that DOESN’T SMELL? It is true! You can enjoy the pleasures of Fire twirling without the yucky smell!
*Before purchasing a new fuel, make sure you know what it’s properties are… Mostly Solvent based fuels are the best thing to go for when fire twirling. They have a higher flash point than other fuels ~ not as easy to catch alight… and so safer to use then others such as shellite, a big NO NO, as is has a much lower flash point and lights very easily and is know to transfer very easily, so is more likely to cause accidents.
*There are Fuels available in the solvent family such as KSolT, Shel Sol T, and also Fire Twirling Fuels such as * Fire Water* or *Pyro Sol*(when purchasing a “fire twirling fuel” you can ask the supplier for a MSDS, so you can find out for sure what is in it, and it’s properties… the Supplier, by law, must supply this information on request as it is your right to know what you are buying.) And then there is also Low Odeur Kero, which is not actually in the Solvent Family, it is a Hydrocarbon. It has the right kind of properties (as do the others mentioned here) for fire twirling.
*You can buy KSolT and ShelSolT from chemical Companies in 20L drums (You will easily go though it) for around $50 (so ends up being about $2.50 /L … cheaper than your stinky blue kero) and they deliver it to your home! J
*Low odour Kero (notice though that this fuel is Low Odour ~ not Odourless… so not quite as lush as the others, and is a hydrocarbon, so not so good for you) can be purchased from big Hardware stores (such as Bunnings) or if you’re lucky, Woolworth’s Grocery Store…
*You can purchase “fire twirling fuels” such as *Pyro Sol* and *Fire Water* from various Juggling Suppliers around Australia.

New Moon Gatherings will be starting up early next year on the Sunshine Coast… More info on that later. So just get your drums, fire toys and dancing feet ready, in anticipation for a wonderful festive event.

And some awesome fantastic news! My beautiful long lost Rainbow drum has returned! You may have heard, a few months ago at July Warm Fuzzy Moon Fest my drum went missing (that gave a not so warm and fuzzy feeling) When the beautiful people of Brisdjembe heard of what happened they all pooled money in to buy me a new Rainbow Drum for my birthday in August. While the drum makers were still trying to get a new mould made for the new drum (still in progress) Rainbow turned up at Anton’s place after he purchased the drum at Cash Converters for $30! Lovely Emma, spotted the likeness, and emailed us. After he’d had the drum for a little while, playing with it in his band for gigs and it resonating the perfect bass beat, and generally bonding with the drum, It was hard for Anton to give up the magick dum, but reluctantly, and good heartedly, he gave the drum over for the $30 he paid for it. Anton also gave me one of his CDs to listen to. He plays in a band called Introduced Species… The CD is full of funky deep and basey tunes, with liquid smooth vocals and cruisey kit rhythms with beautifully melodic tunes on electric and acoustic guitar. And a touch of electronica that weaves it’s way through the CD. Contact them by email: tohnanon@yahoo.com

So Now that the Magick Rainbow Drum has Returned, I need to ask what the beautiful people of Brisdjembe would like to do with the money, that they so generously pooled in for the new one. Perhaps it could go toward that junk percussion kit… or preparation for the retreat… maybe a thankyou pressie for Anton for returning the drum… ???

Until next time… Take care and have fun!
Love and Stardust*:.

Elke
(.:*Moon Pixie*:.)

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Guess who's back! Guess who's back ! yaayyy I Love brissie im landing on the 14th and i'd love to come to your workshop i'll give beck a call later!

YAYYY! .

Anyperson can acheive anything if he dosn't have fear in his heart!.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Yay! Will i see ya at moonfest tomorrow then???

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*