Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Wanting to meet twirlers from the UK!!!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
GoaFiremember
71 posts

Posted:
hellooooo.......im wanting to find people into twirling from the UK...just to chat...etc. anyways thats all i needed to say so i shall far thee all a fairwell...*smiles*goafire xxx

Annie Cmember
40 posts

Posted:
Hello Hello Hello again....I have spent most of the day on this web site...done absolutely jack S**T for work....It keeps sucking me back just to see who has written, however I have now found out how to get the moving faces...I think that's enough acheived for this day..... shocked tongueAdious amigos

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
Bollocks! Drome is every tuesday...Have to wait another week now! arse.What happens the rest of the week there?------------------"O! for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention." - William ShakespeareCheck out my Online Gallery!B l A c K i E

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

tall_firemember
4 posts

Posted:
UK twirlers wanted for festival in Norwich, Norfolk...Garbo already knows (i think) and Dimitri is coming (if you are Dimitri who stilts as Pan), and we want more!!! anyone who wants to come and play on saturday 4th august is welcome - ask aorund, as there are lifts coming from all over the country! hoping to have fire sculptures and well - perform in an amazing area surrounded by 10 foot tall stell dragons and their skeleton riders!!check out www.festivalsrus.co.uk for more info on other stuff happening on the day, and be prepared for an after party to blow your socks off...

Axismember
171 posts

Posted:
Big up the Uk Poi Massive!Check out the drome, went 1st time yesterday, it is pretty awsome, respect 2 dimitri and the others who run it! Sooner or later you will find yourself drawn there, it's worth the journey!love Axis.

Annie Cmember
40 posts

Posted:
grinYes had a great time at the drome last night, had my first lesson in Staff...really excellent will be twirlin for days.....thanks Dave......I am still reluctant to light up my Fire poi...how do I get rid of the fear.....??Anniexx

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
hi all smile i am back to sunny cyprus for the summer but i'll be back in the UK (Cambridge) in late september... a night out at the Drome sounds like lots of fun... and i'll finally get to meet garbo and dimitri after all this time (what are you 2 up to these days? having fun i hope!) as well as other fellow swingers! i am sooooo surprised that there are soooo many people posting from the UK, as garbo said a year ago there was hardly anyone, it seems that Malcolm is doing a great job wink Annie i dunno how experienced you are with swinging but dont rush into anything; the more confident you are about your skills the less the 'fear'; if you think you are ready but you are still worried about it do the following: light your poi and dont do any tricks to begin with; just swing them at your sides and try to relax and enjoy the fire; take it one step at a time and remember to have someone there to spot you as well as the rest of the fire precautions... once you feel the rush you'll be addicted smile fire is great!!! i hope this helps a bit...happy swinging everyone, hopefully i'll see some of you in October!!!Simos[This message has been edited by Simos (edited 02 August 2001).]

Annie Cmember
40 posts

Posted:
Thanks Simos...I will use that very sound advice...My skills are reasonalbe...don't hit myself very much, I think I am more worried about too many people watching.....so quiet spot needed.....Muchos grassy arseAnnie

woodymember
99 posts

Posted:
Hi!I've been spinning since Christmas down here in Somerset. Always up for some funk so if anyone is down this way, or knows of a gathering let us know.Have fun! Woody

Luv and Lemons.WoodyMrs Jaypher said, 'It's saferIf you've lemons in your head;First to eat, a pound of meat,And then to go at once to bed.

fehumember

Posted:
uk poi-er in response to pembrokeshire post. i live in haverfordwest and i work in evolution in milford haven. seeking new inspiration email fehu@talk21.com also i'm moving to salford uni in sept 2002 what's going on in that area? i'd like to perform somewhere coz i've been a stage dancer for 2 years. cheers.

felixmember
9 posts

Posted:
help me!!! just started fire twirling and want to meet others! i feel all alone! i'm living in bristol for the summer, but at uni in leicester so it would be great to hear from people from those areas!

GoaFiremember
71 posts

Posted:
greetings n hellooos...*smiles*i didnt quite catch how much it was into the drome...???just wondering because me and my girlfriend are coming down to london late august...she doesnt twirl but i do...is it open on any other nights...what sort of music does it play n what times is it open/closed???*smiles n huggles*goafire

Masayamember
6 posts

Posted:
Hi fellow Brits, I'm going to get to the Drome soon, probably in September when I'm back from Morocco. It would be so nice to see you all and share some skills. There are so many people in Brighton swinging lately, I think it has been a recent explosion as most people I see are grasping the basics. However, there was a wicked party on sat 21st july at a quarry. So pleased to see so many good twirlers and some coloured flames. Hello to anyone who went! Anyway, I must now leave this site, it sucks you in and I don't seem to get any work done anymore. I have a virgin audience of a school reunion tomorrow so wish me luck!! Anyway, bye for now love from xxxxxx Masaya xxxxxx

xxx Masaya xxx

xLessThanJakexmember
155 posts

Posted:
Hello to all newbies, Felix I totally sympathize for you i know what it's like to be alone when your twirling.I think there isa lot of people twirl in your area but loads from england i.e moi.Happy TwirlingFire_Sista

Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
i'm a glo-club and fire club swinger in bath, somorset. (durastilts too) always up for a swinging related chat or people to play with. can be contacted at polishedirene@hotmail.com

ChloeBRONZE Member
54 posts

Posted:
Simos, hows it going mate? U back again? I'm living with limited Inet access so only checking this site occasionally, but it's nice to see you back. When u r gonna go down the drome send me an email and i'll try and make it up too, got lots of friends in london now everyones left Kent, so lotsa people to stay with.One more thing 2 say: WHERE ARE ALL THE KENT MASSIV'???!!! smileI see all you UK poiers up the north, i want to see some from the south smileChloe

Chloe.
-I'm dancing through the fire just to catch a flame-
Paul Weller

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
Simos is back yay grinHope you are ok amn havn't spoken to you in ages. Hope the spinning is going ok.peace outgarbo tongue------------------
quote:
"Be the change"Mahatma Ghandi

be excellent to each other: safe:

Miss Dnewbie
1 post

Posted:
Barb,When is the next fire night in sheff? Is the Club you're on about on Division street, (near sumo)? Please post back...Ps if anyone else near sheff reads this leave a message.. I up and about in my pea green austin allegro..........keep twirlin'DavEna

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Barb, i believe, is talking about Headcharge. Which is at the Arches on Walker Street. It's usually on the last Friday of the month. Entry is £10 (£8 conscessions)It's the best club in the north by far. I'm there all the time, (either in the corridor or downstairs) easily recognisable by my sparkley dreadlocks.I dont know what club you mean on division street tho. I wouldn't go to any clubs in that part of town. They attract the wrong kind of people . . .------------------C@ntus

Meh

Barbmember
13 posts

Posted:
Oops, I really should check out this website more often. Sorry for the late response.m Cantus is right, I was talking about Headcharge at the Arches, just off the Wicker. No fire, but there's usually plenty of people about with toys to share. There's also a special birthday Planet Zogg on in September, so look out for flyers.Clubs near Division Street? As far as I know they're not really poi-friendly.Anyone know of any outdoor gatherings in the Sheffield area this year?------------------We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Barbmember
13 posts

Posted:
PS: I've heard rumours of a regular outdoor event outdoors next to the National Centre for Popular Music in Sheffield. If it does exist, it would be a fantastic place to spin some fire.That really is it now.XB

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Barb,there's live music and DJs outside National Centre every saturday throughout the summer.Plus there are raves every saturday night in various places round the city and surrounding countryside. If you're interested we usually use the Vine on Cemetry Road as a staging post. Come along and you're bound to find info if not transport.Are you going to the Arches this Friday? The Atomizers are running a night. Should be blinding grin------------------C@ntus

Meh

Darylmember
5 posts

Posted:
Hi In Bracknell Reading area!! Desperately trying to find people down this way that do mad stuff!!! But everyone like that seems to live inside the M25!! YUK!!!!!!!

Ithacamember
45 posts

Posted:
The evil bird flew north. madFire twirled all around his wake, grinbut no harm came. winkHe shuddered when he hit the house, shocked and burning was to blame. smilewell, ok so i'm not going to be a poet......I can do poi though so if anyone in Bath/Bristol wants to hook up and have a go give me a mail.ithaca2.earthling@virgin.netIthaca------------------be nice, life's to short for shit.

------------------
errrm I intend to live forever, or at least die trying.
Voltaire

Draco Dominusmember
14 posts

Posted:
Hi there shining happy people. Im Draco Dominus, I have just logged on to ask if there are any Poiers in Leicester, and I have just noticed a post from someone called Felix!!! smile I live in leicester, and id love to meet up with u when u move here for uni. Which one u going to? I heard something about a juggleing troupe who practice on Victoria park, if anyone knowes anything about that? I`m not too great at the moment, but im learning. If anyone has any advice one any really cool moves id apreciate it. C ya. smile------------------Mother is the name for God, on the lips and hearts of all Children.

Respect the flames, for from them emerges heat, and light, let this Light guide you, and this heat warm your heart, from fire comes Life.

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
hey! i'm off to glasto next year, dunno if me mum will let me meet up with complete strangers(hey i'm only 13)but me and my mate Jade will be twirling the pois in the teepee field, come and see us if you want! grin Cutie poi girlie

Luv peace 'n' chicken grease Al X x

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
hey i'm off to glasto next year dunno if i'll be aloud to meet up(only 13!) but me and my mate jade will be spining poi in the teepee field... cutie poi girlie grin

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
oops posted that one twice, soz...

GoaFiremember
71 posts

Posted:
hey cutie.....im off to glastonbury next year with my girlfriend...ill be spending my time up that end a lot during the days...then off boogyn at night hehe...hope to see ya there....as well as anyone else thats goingmatt

dizzymember
43 posts

Posted:
Hay thare Ithaca im in bath in a month or so it would be cool to meet up and have a burn!!! take care dizz smile zziddizz@hotmail.com

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I too need to meet some london twirlers who want to get together and practise, as, sorry dimitri, i'm still at school and can't make it all the way to elephant & castle for Just Jugglers......anyone know anywhere to get together other than Just Jugglers?Apparently Undertow at the EQ centre is a good place to poi, loads of space and not too hot, see you there......... zoe h.West London

Page: