phartbreathmember
13 posts

Posted:
ok.. still can't get a real 5 beat weave, but ran accross this fake vertion last night.assuming ya know how to 'roll' threw from a forward weave turn 180d and spin into a reverse weave...did a 3 beat weave on the left side, hit 2 beats in front on me, then spun into a reverse 3 beat weave on my right side, 2 beats going back accrose the front, and back into 3 beat forward,, ect, ect... not really a true 5 beat since it's half forward and half reverse.. but looked real kewl ( IMO ).phart....

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
wow this one seems to be coming up alot lately. *chuckle*keep playing with it. lots of variations you can do

I smell something burning.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
We're talking about a buzzsaw in the middle of a weave right? Only good with chains short enough to buzzsaw with... I was playing with it last night. It's kinda hard though because coming out of the 3 beat your arms are crossed, no? Which means your chains need to be really short to avoid noses...Or am I totally wrong?

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
I've also found a fake 5-beat while trying to crack the real one. winkBasically, it IS a five beat, except when I go for beat 4 and 5, I spin my hands at the wrong speeds. The trailing poi catches up with the leading one, as it crosses from one side to the other at the same time as the leading one, if not before.Looks REALLY cool...the poi go in and out of splittime every five beats. They come together and do a big sweep across your body, and then they split again.I'd describe the actual hand motions in more detail but it's tricky to describe something you don't mean to do...! grin

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I like doing that too Paddy. Much fun to be had...but I never really see how it looks from the outside.Two beats doesn't necessarily mean a nosebreaker, that is a different thread.You can do a two beat weave aka crossover, or a crossover like Paddy is talking about. There are so many variations, it is really cool.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

phartbreathmember
13 posts

Posted:
yeah.. i guese it's more like a cross over in the middle.. it's the first two beats of a 3 beat.. then i flip right into a revese..don't know what a buzz saw it.. have to look that up...

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
hmmmm, little clarification here?buzzsaw- poi moving in same direction alternate timing inside of your arms???burn/break the nose-poi doing a butterfly (opposite directions) inside of your arms?thats what ive always though, anybody correct me if im wrong...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!