SsJ KaKaRoTtOmember
26 posts

Posted:
well, thanx for all of u who helped me and told me how to turn 180. im pracicing it right now. but also, i would like to know how do u turn 180 while doing fwd weave ONLY! i mean just doing fwd weave while your body turns 180 and when complete the turn, ur still doing the fwd weave. thanx again in advance!!!!!!

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
It really doesn't work that way. You could sort of walk in a circle, but I don't see how you could do a turn and keep the chains going forward relative to you. Momentum makes them want to keep making circles the same way, and your body is changing facing.Now, I can imagine going up into a corkscrew, turning under that, and bringing the chains down into a forward weave from that, but that's different.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

SsJ KaKaRoTtOmember
26 posts

Posted:
r u sure, adamrice? cuz ive seen people in dances do the fwd weave 'n' turn 180 or 360.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I'll back up Adam.Momentum my friend. I'd say your eyes were decieving you (something a good Poi'er should be able to do on command smile)you could do it, but not in one quick smooth motion.Josh

SsJ KaKaRoTtOmember
26 posts

Posted:
thanx u guys!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I can do a 360 while doing the forward weave...your eyes didn't deceive you I'll try to explain this the best way I can: When your doing the forward weave there are two planes that the poi are traveling in...one is on the left side of your body and the other is on your right side. For the purposes of this example I will use ">" key to represent the forward weave, where the vertex of ">" is the point in which your two planes are interesecting in front of your body. The following is an arial view of you doing the forward weave(the X is the top of your head): X >I think right now, in your mind, you think that the two planes of the forward weave will remain containtly pointing in one direction. This is you trying to do the 360 forward weave: > X >or you might even be thinking that some how the two plains remain constant and only the X spins...this approach does not work. Here is what you should be doing: < X >what this is illustrating is that you have to break the weave into four planes vs two. When you start off you will be doing the forward weave...when you turn to 180 degrees you will be doing the reverse weave and then after another 180 degrees you will be doing the forward weave once again...However, having said this it brings another question to mind...when you are doing the forward weave...are you doing three rotations with you poi in each plane or are you doing two...for the purpose of this move you have to be using three rotations/beats in each planeGood luck...let me know how you do...if this doesn't help...let me know and I'll try to explain it in a different way.Later...Qui Gon

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
and may the force be with you.....damn that sounded complicated. but..BUT, i think i understand..Something new to try at home tonight.I did see a guy doing a forward weave, then as he turned he dropped them behind his headinto a half windmill as he turned, then when he was 180 he was still in a forward weave.But i think thats sort of what Adam was describing.------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Rhiannamember
12 posts

Posted:
yeah 360 is definitly possible, I just learnt how to do it after managing to do 180 weave turns. The best way to do it is to do the 180 turns and keep giving yourself less time at each 180 turn until you are turning continuously. And then eventually end up on your arse cause you are sooo happy you have got it that you forgot that going around in a circle makes ya dizzy!!And then managing to turn the other way to unwind your mind is the next step.

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Qui Gon is right. You need to remember that if you are going forward with any move, and you turn 180 the poi will be going the opposite way (backward) Thats why you need to learn everything forwards AND backwards smile Remember when spinning around more than 360 look at a Hand, and not at blerd objects. you will not get as dizzy. grin

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

meltingBRONZE Member
journeyman
76 posts

Posted:
i learnt my turns from the free lessons on this web page try doing them in split timing

are you gonna drink that?

GeoffonTour04SILVER Member
enthusiast
360 posts

Posted:
melting you are the forum necromancer yes?

meltingBRONZE Member
journeyman
76 posts

Posted:
necromancer????

what is that i dont if i am or not

are you gonna drink that?

DrudwynForget puppy power, Scrappy's just gay
632 posts

Posted:
Necromancer: One who brings back or talks to the dead. In this case restarting dead threads. Not to say that's a bad thing in general, but there are better threads to bump, and better ways to answer them. If you feel that a thread has an important role to play (e.g. for me, atomics and inversions threads) then a bump to bring it to the fore or asking a question on that thread is a good thing. However answering questions on a 5 year old thread when there are more recent threads with more descriptions (e.g. the teaching moves thread) than these is potentially more helpful biggrin I hope that explains the reactions you've been getting.

hug

Spin, bounce, be one with the world, because it is yours to enjoy...