BellaEmberBRONZE Member
2 posts

Posted:
When you want to light your poi (Cathedral) for the first time, is there a demo video that shows the complete process?
Is there a diagram that shows the poi wick and the best place to light it?
Also, soaking processes....I've read a lot on these forums already and I am really confused about the difference between the wick and the Kevlar...soaking then burning one and soaking after...then it looks to me like the wick IS Kevlar and they are the same thing......like I said really confused....any help is greatly appreciated :)

ABOBer92SILVER Member
ABOB - Pois'n'us
178 posts

Posted:
just a small bit to add to malcolms post; make sure to remove excess fuel; best method is squeezing the fire head as shown in the HoP fire safety dvd (using a towel while holding it over the dipping container -make sure to have a secondary towel to wipe off your hands). if you decide to shake them off, make sure to have sand/sawdust/something-similarly absorbent to stop any environmental impact
EDITED_BY: ABOBer92 (1407522383)

I dont want to be called 'the greatest' or 'one of the greats'; let other guys claim to be the best. I just want to be known as a clown, to me thats the height of my profession. It means you can do everything-sing, dance, and above all, make people laugh

BellaEmberBRONZE Member
2 posts

Posted:
Thanks for all the info! Very helpful!