Forums > Social Discussion > Best fire-poi or fire-poi package for starters?

Login/Join to Participate

DavidAustinSILVER Member
2 posts

Posted:
Looking to buy a Fire poi and there are so many options, knots, etc.

Looking for some advice as for the best one to go with!

Thank you,

D

ABOBer92SILVER Member
ABOB - Pois'n'us
178 posts

Posted:
the best package i saw (and was given to me last christmas) is the cathedral head + LED poi that is in the homeofpoi shop, you only get one chain (its able to be swapped between the 2, tho i used shoelaces for the LED set) it is a decent price and theyre good quality especially for beginners

if you just want fire poi tho, then my preference is monkey fist (good burn time, bright flame and as far as ive seen its the least likely to need repairs. negatives are its a bit heavy for your first set, due to weight it can be quite painful if it hits you and it does soak up a lot of fuel) while the cathedral heads are the most common ive seen (not sure why this is, in my experience it has only a slightly bigger flame than a basic set and burn time is about the same. there is an increase in weight but its easily handled after a couple of spins)

I dont want to be called 'the greatest' or 'one of the greats'; let other guys claim to be the best. I just want to be known as a clown, to me thats the height of my profession. It means you can do everything-sing, dance, and above all, make people laugh