animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I have a dream.

I really cannot begin to express the magnitude at which teaching Movement and Contact juggling is enriching My life, and by doing so enriching further the lives of others right now.

It's amazing. It feels FANTASTIC, and I want more. Watching ripples of inspiration pass from person to person is an amazing process to watch, and it's exciting me so much to see where Illusion Based Contact is heading right now.

So, I want more. LOTS more. I want to teach the Fractal Method (TM) wink to as many people as possible, and install warp drives (TM) in people's minds, show people the wonderful things I see around me all the time, and see what is spawned as my visions are fused with someone else's. I do have a sinister motive behind this, however, and that motive is that I am bored, and want people to play with. EVERYWHERE. as is the Nature of Fractals, I also learn a huge amount every time I teach this method, so by allowing me to teach you, you will be teaching me.

I call it [/There Is No Crew]. think 'There is no spoon'. that's how I see the possibilities of this mission, and f**k am I looking forward to the challenge. A crew is a tight net bunch of people, who know each other. they don't need to speak to communicate and understand each other perfectly. they just know each other that well. they just know. they bounce off each other. they got each other's back. they play together. they learn together. they are a pack. They are as a general rule limited to being in the same place, and so limited in size. f**k that, I say. scale doesn't matter any more, it's all the same thing, just bigger. and everyone knows bigger is better, right? (I learned one from the americans wink )

So let's do it. Let's bounce. Let's come together and make a global Contact Juggler Crew. Let's blow up the current scene and make it new, refreshing, and exciting again.

I have masterclass workshops to give on concepts such as Time, Space, Gravity, Energy, Sound, Language/Communication and Mind over Matter, and how they affect Movement and Manipulation as a whole through the mathematical language of fractals, chaos, QED, special/general relativity and quantum theory, and just how damn easy it all is, and accessible to the complete beginner. I can teach alone, or I can teach alongside other people, to help make an event similar to the infamous Ministry Workshops we contact jugglers all know and love. I can teach one on one, at conventions, in circus schools, as a guest resident to improve the skillsets, awareness and in turn the learning abilities of your students all in one go. If they will learn, I will teach, simple as.

If you think you and the people in your area can handle a mind explosion of this magnitude (and judging by recent experience, that will happen), and you know of a space that will hold it. Tell me. Let's Chat. We can make it happen. I will have you seeing the world as I do, as nothing more than a dance of forces, interacting with each other in a way that looks amazing to onlookers, and more importantly, FEELS great too. It's true, contact jugglers do all eventually go mad. wink

Have Workshops. Will Travel.

smile

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
If you happen to pass through ZA, let me know. I might need to learn some worthwhile contact skills first though. smile

Good luck.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Fi-R-afiGOLD Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
I would love to meet you if you come through Florida, USA.

And thank you for making the world a more playful place =)

EmmCeeeFFBRONZE Member
145 posts

Posted:
Hello there Ed!

Although my knowledge of CJ is extremely limited, consisting of little more than having held a contact juggling ball, I am interested in learning more and pondering the idea of purchasing myself one.

This being said, if you find yourself in the High Wycombe area then be sure to let me know and I will pop my head out to see for myself that there is no crew, or spoon.

There are a few people in the area that would probably be interested, and could probably hold something at the Wycombe Academy of Music and Art (subject to speaking to the owner)

If i had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isnt. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldnt be. And what it wouldnt be, it would. You see?