SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I am very happy to show you all this video presenting the Detroit Fire Guild! I am so happy to be part of this family! I just wish I had known about the video being made before hand so I could be a part of it :'(

I hope you enjoy the promo of our wonderful, ever-growing family.

Also, there is a huge amount of people that aren't in the video. Most of them actually aren't there, that's mostly people that perform with them regularly.

EDITED_BY: SpinnerofDetroit (1293045579)

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

JuggleSeanGOLD Member
Ooops
116 posts

Posted:
Super groovy video editing! How did you get the helicopter view at the end with everyone spinning on the roof, rent a helicopter? Kudos from Ohio. Hope to run into you all next year.

Groovy

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
wow that was an amazing vid but then again i am kinda partial to the crazy thing going on there but very skilled

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

[ Unregistered ]addict
413 posts

Posted:
Again wow, some very nice people in there smile .

Cool locations, costumes and everything..

Class, thank you.

ninja

ps : Is the giant crystall ball real ?

2,280 posts

Posted:
The giant ball is just a big hollow metal ball.

And the Guild is good friends with this guy Chip that owns a helicopter and a runway on Grosse Ile, which is right next to where I live grin I've had some of the best times of my life with these people, and I really wish I had known about this before, and I'm ever so happy to be considered one of the best poi spinners and teaching so many people both basics and many of my more advanced things to newcomers and the professionals. They teach everyone, including me, not just poi, but all of these arts, and regularly have free workshops on not only skills (not jusr performing ones either, there's even been leather mask making), but how to show yourself better as a performer. There's been ones on different skill toys, the concept of isolating, as in everything, including parts of your body. My personal favorite was the one on how to moonwalk backwards, sideways, in a circle, and forward.

And of course, it's not limited to performing and practicing together, everyone that goes is bound to make more friends than they can remember the names to. I still can't remember everyone's name because they just keep coming laugh3

Scottie~MacKGOLD Member
Naval High Comander
31 posts

Posted:
Awesome vid!

Originally Posted By: Pablo PicassoI am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
That's really cool, and sounds like a good group of people.

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
Hoorah, a post that's not trying to sell me shoes!

Also, a really cool vid - that looks like a great and varied group of people to work / play with.

2,280 posts

Posted:
Hell yeah, they have open practices on Monday, and Tuesday in Ann Arbor. There's more new people every week grin