Forums > Social Chat > Why not to pick up Hitch-Hikers

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Magnusmember
279 posts

Posted:
So I'm on the way back from last nights fire meet in Bath, and I see this guy, thumb out, by the side of the road. I'm on a high, of course, and feeling indestructable so I pick him up.

He LOOKED fine from the road, but once in the car acted like, really paranoid, kept looking out the back window and hid his face when a car overtook.

So we're talking about how hot it was today and after a break in the conversation I notice he has a duffel bag by his feet, so I say "so what's in the bag?"

He gruffly (I think he was Scottish) replies "none of yer f***ing business"

Being me, I thought he was joking, so I'm like "really though, what's in the bag?"

Again, "none of yer f***ing business, alright?"

So I sort of slow down the car and say, "look mate, I'm giving you a lift, the least you can do is be honest, what's in the f***ing bag?"

"NONE OF YER F***ING BUSINESS"

So I'm like "fine..." and I pull over and tell him to get out. He doesn't argue, just swears under his breath, and I burn off before he can barely shut the door, and I see him in the rear view mirror running after me and waving his fists.

I'm laughing hysterically at this point and can't believe what has just happened. It was only when I got home that I noticed the duffel bag, sitting in front of the passenger seat!

Magnus... pay it forward

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
:puts on a beret:
i think the bag repesents mankind, and the contents represent the llama in us all.
"*Be* the animal! *Be* the animal! *Be* the animal!"-Tom Green

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
But what if its a quantum bag?

And by looking into it, you change what is inside?

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
quantum bags are the pinnacle of animal cruelty - won't *somebody* think of the kittens!?

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Ping?

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
pong?

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

squaremember
35 posts

Posted:
maaaaaybeee *thinks hard* theres sthg naughty in it, that would get you into trouble and stop him being in trouble if you open the bag and look, hence his suspicious behaviour to get you curious and then 'forgetting' it and leaving it in yr car?

you're a naughty potato!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Narr my friend,.....if only you were a londoner...

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
aaha!ingenious thought Square still think he should look in the bag though

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
What!! and let out all those cute little quantum kittens who are starving?

surely not!

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Jon I'm not a Londoner, But i say a heartfelt pong! Perhaps you could mail it to me.....

quote:
originally posted by Charles-
Magnus, you could be jailed for grand larsen, depending on what is in the bag (ie 1 million dollars).
You're not from round these parts are you? Be'en as you talk funny, oi say you be a foreigner..... (arr etc etc)

Magnus - Marcus is probably the name of the scotsman.....

Meh

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
quote:
What!! and let out all those cute little quantum kittens who are starving?
but we dont know whether they are or are not starving. as far as we know, the kittens are in a juxtaposition of starving and non-starving states...

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
me wonders how silly we'd all feel if Magnus looked in the bag and found... another bag! in a llama shape! o the pain.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
your all nuts

and im a little bolt

im with valura on this one

there is no spoon
opps i mean bag

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming "WOO-HOO What a ride!"

nightsdarkchildmember
84 posts

Posted:
Here is my suggestion, we all go out and get ourselfs a duffle bag, stuf it full with whatever the hell we want and in any shape we want and make other people try to guess whats in it. then in about a 6 months to a year we can share what people have guessed have a duffle bag exchange. THEN WE WILL ALL KNOW WHATS IN THE F***IN BAG.

YEAH

xchildx

we could live beside the ocean leave the fire behind
swim out past the breakers watch the world die

Tai... grrrrrmember
34 posts
Location: a dry dusty type of hell i don't quite understand ...

Posted:
Magnus! this is the most awsome coincidence! I was hitching last weekend, and i lost my bag to some incredibly nosey F***er who kicked me out his car, and took off with it! The answer is: a balloon, 3kg of white powder that's actually just baking soda, 4 Ragedy-Ann Dolls (one of which is blow up), and a small Tuba.

But seriously, you have no choice but to remove all identifying marks from the Bag(fingerprints, hair, cloth fibers) put on gloves that obviously don't fit your hands, and take this bag to a nice friendly place where you can pick up a free ride with a stranger. Stick your thumb out, and as soon as some one stops, toss the bag in, look them strait in the eye, and tell the driver "Sorry Mate, you just don't look safe!" and take off with out your bag. It would even work better if you had your own car right there to hop into for a faster get away.

Strive to Love everything for exactly what it is. Even though you can never understand all the extents of anything.

Page: