Forums > Advanced Staff moves > advanced staff juggling ... let´s go mad !!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
entheogenGOLD Member
173 posts

Posted:
I think its time to restart the staff juggling thread in the advanced forum.

Since quite a few ideas were mentioned in the old thread that don`t seem to really fit in a beginners section.

I would really appreciate if people would post there ideas.
But do me a favor and make a distinction between claiming
to really have a move and random ideas.
it will help reduce misunderstandings
wink
And it will give us a better over view where people are.

To get you started :
I was playing around with a lot of 531522 variations

one is (i think) quite interesting
you know the one throw were you throw a staff as a waist cross and catch it with the other hand on the opposite side of the waist
use it as the 3
it is fun biggrin

'There are two mantras in life, yum and yuk. I choose yum.'

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
rob its not fair!
i cant find the cheeky icons,(hug/slap/rasberry) i have got a couple of new tricks tho!

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
val, you make it sound like i pumped them for info without them knowing - i think i was pretty clear in telling them i was making a list and was feeling a bit stuck at the time...

in fact neither of them gave me any tricks that i didn't already have written down, both preferred to talk about what they were working on, and both times what i got more from the conversation was discussion about practise sessions and work. for which i am truly grateful grin thanks guys grin

so tongue2

(won't post it now in a fit of pique wink )

EDITED_BY: bluecat (1230457412)
EDIT_REASON: exactitude, teenage sulk

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
im not sure i like the image of you "pumping" josh and seb......................

entheogenGOLD Member
173 posts

Posted:
Damn, Rob finds the smiley icons, its not fair! Where are they hiding?

'There are two mantras in life, yum and yuk. I choose yum.'

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
tell me about it!!
also how do i make this one of my favourite threads and where are my favourite thread???
merry christmas val
x

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
click on 'reply' (not quick reply) then the first icon you see within the reply box will give you smilies... however i know the shortcuts for loads, whcih are the ones i use - colon and p for tongue2 etcetc

then there is also a 'add this thread to my watched topics' thing you can check. and you will get an email every time someone replies....

*pump, pump*

when you next in brizzle, tim?

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
cheers rob smile
early in the new year or possibly new years eve gig-shallah
im hope to pop down to invisible for some training

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
oooooow my neck hurts from too much looking up....

but i have a pretty solid couple of 423 variations, a much more solid half shower, a wierd start for an inverse 4s fountain, 9 catches of a reverse antti cascade (with the snaked stop), much cleaner multiplexing, a 441 (1btb) transfer from cascade to reverse, a better kick up into a shower than before, some nearly club juggling staff juggling, including a reverse backcrossed 2 in a 423, an entertainingly high 531,

and some more that worked once or twice but not enough.

grin amazing what an hour with a high roof can do. grin

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
yo rob,
it sounds interesting,
what is a 4s inverse fountain? is that four staffs with fountain throws? are the throws similar to a shower or a cascade?whats the wird start, i sincerely hope it doesnt involve any pumping!!!!!

are you going to circus soc on sunday? it would be cool to see the club juggling styleeee and also try and make sense of these weird numbers you lot insist in communicating with? you flipping geeks!?!?!?!?!?!

also beware of the neck dude,

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
a fountain is the standard 4 object pattern. basically both left and right hands doing 2 in one hand, doing shower throws.

the wierd start has no pumping. two staffs start on the ground, leaning on me. its easier than starting with two in one hand. but odd.... and doubly hard for me, cause i never practised a left handed shower.

i might be at circus soc, depends. cause i'll only just be back from holland, and sleepy....

neck better after doing not much smile

NikoFLOWnewbie
27 posts

Posted:
Hi Tim!

Thanks for your comment! The height of the 3staff pattern here is not because of weight of the staffs. It is because of the height of the room. So the pattern is solid when we do it outside. Point of this video was to show synchronised staff juggling instead of new tricks. It's made from two shoots so it's more like routine video. We juggle cascade as well didn't but that on this video because we were not planning to make staff juggling video when this was filmed smile These are just clips i received from music video director we were performing at. We are actually working on 5staff passing patterns right now.

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
hey niko
its great to hear from you,
it would be wicked to see more videos, there has been a serious lack of new footage on this thread!

NikoFLOWnewbie
27 posts

Posted:
We will do training video in some point but i am afraid it's not ready before summer. Filming in finland is not funny at winter time. I am not very active at using these forums but I promise to put it here if we get some footage together.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
hey tim, good to see you yesterday, sorry my juggling was so bad frown must warm up more better, and even more so, arrive on time!

was also thinking about something sam said - putting club handles on the ends of the staffs, so they can be easier to multiplex and also have end work possible... whatcha reckon?

hugs

R

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
hey man
it was cool to see you as well, i wasnt feeling at my best either but it was great to see your new tricks,
i will be in brizzle lots for rehearsals,and video shoots in feb so we can catch up again(alabany maybe?)

as you know i only learn tricks i can burn with, but i reckon club handles could make some of the clubstyle tricks esiers but then wouldnt they alomost be very long clubs?

i have to say, i love the reverse chops in whell plane once again,it a gorgeous pattern
hugs back at ya

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
eef ownly i cud spel

IrinusBRONZE Member
enthusiast
222 posts

Posted:
Congrats to BlueCat on his awesome (?new) routine that involved 3 staff juggling - as well as poi and contact. It was brief but SOOO solid! (I don't want to give the storyline away)

Hope to see an expanded version in the not-too-distant future smile

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
Hey guys
This thread is getting seriously slow!!!!!!
Since I gave up work my training has increased loads and most of that has been staff juggling as well as a tiny bit of fire rope(embarrassed icon)
I have mostly be concentrating on foot combinations and can now do a cascade with both left and right feet and also a site swap(my first ever) I'm not sure but it might be 421, but that could be completely wrong?
basically i hold one staff while flicking up one and throwing one..
If any of you lazy tossers can be bothered to make a post it would be great to hear how your doing and if you have anything interesting to say???
Also is anyone going to fire festival??ive heard koothor and das from the bcc are making the trip so hopefully the partying will be cool.

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
https://www.firegathering.co.uk/

IrinusBRONZE Member
enthusiast
222 posts

Posted:
Hi Tim

Bit snowed under with work at the mo so nothing happening here and not really juggling staves when I get the chance as I'm out of condition.

Looking forward to summer fun though smile

Glad to hear that you've gone full time!

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
Hey man
Good to hear from you.
Summer here we come!!

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
cross post from cindy of twirl planet (from rec.jugging)

-------------

This is Danielle Cobb's gold medal performance at the 2008 WBTF
International Cup in Limerick, Ireland. Danielle is from the US.

Chihiro Iwagami's gold medal performance in the Adult division, also last
year in Limerick. She's got a devil sticking move at 1:13. So nice to
see some crossover between disciplines. Chihiro is from Japan.

--------------

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
hhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
i need train more!!!!!!

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
if you check out my videos page you will see some new promos with a small bit of staff juggling in it, (Tim1&Tim2)
https://www.jugglinginferno.com/

IrinusBRONZE Member
enthusiast
222 posts

Posted:
Wow, what a week of lovely weather we've had in London. Apart from having a tutorial outside (for the first time since I left school and that was nearly 7 years ago now), I picked up the juggling staffs for the first time in aaaaaages.

So, the fruits of my labour were a pretty solid 441 and 423. It'll be fun to work on variations of these and I'd like to get my 531 continuous and lower in future. My Mills' Mess still sucks.

I guess the changing weather also signals the time of year when the 'who's going to what festival?' question comes up again. For me:

1) FireGathering (I need to book tickets soon for this)
2) Southern Lights (Looking forward to this one the most though I have to leave a day early)
3) BJC

How about you?

willworkforfoodjnrSILVER Member
Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
Nice one with the 441! What are you doing with the 1, is it zipped or spun?

No festivals for me this year unless Play happens, used all my holiday days in Nepal... Should make it to lestival though.

Working hard to be a wandering hippie layabout. Ten years down, five to go!

IrinusBRONZE Member
enthusiast
222 posts

Posted:
Er, I would describe it as more of a pass (at shoulder-height) but I think it does at least a half-spin. I'll try and get a video up when I get a sec smile

Hope Nepal was worth it wink

borganiqueBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:
well, took the plunge after 7 months of non fire practice and whipped myself up some fire sticks... its quite hot isn't it! but thankfully my new sticks are minimal weight compared to the bricks i've been using so far, showers are easier than i imagined, while mess is as hot and hard as i expected, i never learnt the flourish between throws til last night, very useful but strange with the direction change.
well you guys seem to love your siteswaps, personally my fave is under under over over, feels like mess without the arm cross.
face balances and spinning doesnt work with fire, maybe a leather nose gaurd is needed, or a headband?
look forward to jamming with others at bjc, see you there

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
hey ethnobot, i will at the bjc and it would be cool to meet and juggle.

to the thread....ive heard rumours of a russian staff juggler performing a reverse five staff cascade at the ejc does anyone know more??

borganiqueBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:
cool, be good to meet you.
after reading this thread have worked on a few siteswaps, 441's coming along well, as is 423. did a clean 18 throws and catches run of mills yeaterday too :-)

Page: ......