Forums > Other Toys > Firebreathing - A question about ultra pure paraffin wax

Login/Join to Participate

SpinSBRONZE Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
Ive been a member for a while but never checked out or posted on the forums before! soo First post!

(Below does not include even half of the REQUIRED safety precautions to fire breathing, learn from an experienced/expert breather before attempting!)

I have been fire breathing for a little over 6 months now and have been trained by an expert. I have been looking up all the safety steps on the forums and in the Article and havent found anything going specifically into Parrafin Wax's Chemical Pneumonia side effects.

Basically I have been taught to inhale through the nose and NOT to inhale through my mouth whenever I have (or have had) the fuel in my mouth.

After I am done fire-breathing I wash my mouth out thoroughly with a carbonated drink, take my 2nd activated charcoal and continue to NOT inhale through my mouth.

Anyways I was trying to get some experienced people to comment on this safety aspect.

Thank you everyone and have a great one!

James

Warior DrakeSILVER Member
The Dragon Professor
203 posts

Posted:
Doc Lightning wrote an in depth article about ARDS here https://www.homeofpoi.com/lessons_all/teach/1_2_158

I've been taught to not inhale while I have fuel in my mouth period and always wipe after each breath then rinse every few breaths.

Don't let your world end with you

p.s. No, just in case you're going to ask, I did not misspell Warrior, its supposed to be like that.

Icarus FordeBRONZE Member
Just Icarus//Spinner//Pyro//Geek
261 posts

Posted:
Yeah, whenever I've been around people firebreathing, the number one rule, above anything else, is not to inhale whilst you have fuel in your mouth... If you have to inhale, get rid of it, rinse and then inhale...

The Dragon Professor
203 posts

Posted:
Sometimes we break our own rules, but we're adamant about them and only break them when we really screw up.

Another tip is to rinse your mouth with olive oil before and after your breathing session, really helps

p.s. No, just in case you're going to ask, I did not misspell Warrior, its supposed to be like that.

SpinSBRONZE Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
Thanks Drake sounds good, and Yes Icarus it is probably the number 1 rule... I was really concerned when I read the HoP guide to breathing and it didnt mention inhalation process at all!

I know I am new to this forum, maybe I read past something without noticing?

The Dragon Professor
203 posts

Posted:
The reason it doesn't mention much is cause we strongly advise not learning anything from the internet except the dangers. We don't want any internet born breathers who're doing it wrong but think they're doing it right who then go around teaching people and creating a wave of people who are a danger to themselves. Learn from the pros, if you can't find one then stomach the disappointment, keep looking and for the time being take it as a sign from the universe that this is a dangerous art and you shouldn't learn it. Value your life and your health. At that rate, if anyone in my area is going to ignore my warning, come find me and I'll see what we can do.

SpinSBRONZE Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
Yeah most definetly, I was surprised the information was there period... but it needs to be updated if its gonna stay there in my opinion

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I'm going to go out and say that I learned from the internet, but not well enough (bad accident). But later I learned from professionals and am perfectly comfortable with my abilities now.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

The Dragon Professor
203 posts

Posted:
A good example then. Most of us would be lying if we said we didn't get the basic idea from the internet. In this day and age its where most people learn about things. I tried to mist it on my own and got it pretty good, but I waited and found a breather to judge me before I proceeded any further.

2,280 posts

Posted:
I practiced a lot with water and got actually good at it. But it doesn't matter how good you are if you ask for lamp oil, and the store give you white gas. No matter how good you are it will eventually backtrack to your face and it did. Also I don't think it looks as good, it's more of an explosion than breathing fire.

The Dragon Professor
203 posts

Posted:
You did... ooooh, rough man

2,280 posts

Posted:
Yup, minor 2nd degree burns all over my face. Looked a lot worse than that though. then the doctors prescribed to me a medication that has a side effect of skin discoloration >.< I'm mad at them for that. Really mad, and so were my parents, we don't see him anymore. But very luckily I managed to not get skin discoloration. Btw that would be slver sulfiazine or however you spell it. I'm sure most here are familiar with it. But yeah don't use it on your face, use something else! Possibly the burn balm they sell here on HoP that doesn't have those damn stupid side effects smirk

The Dragon Professor
203 posts

Posted:
Well you're alive and have your story. Take note prospective breathers, the dangers of firebreathing are far from theoretical.