KhaosSILVER Member
2 words "Laser Poi" The conversation just ended .
25 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone! I bought some #10 swivels from the HOP shop (https://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/No-10-Ball-Bearing-Swivel) when I built my poi and I love them but I noticed when I do the "superduperuberloop" they are not turning smooth anymore. Is this a problem with my technique or did I screw them up?

We who know chaos do not fear it. We Embrace it and control it.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
- does the problem persist after you did the move, is it then permanently?

If it is only happening in that very instant of the move itself, it might be due to physical reasons (direction of force applied to the swivels)... they are generally designed for a rather straight pull and rotation movement, not a bended angle.

Does it really affect your flow?

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

KhaosSILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
At slow speeds its fine but it seems to be reducing the amount of energy in the system due to the friction.

its not effecting my flow much but when ever I see videos with them performing the moves their strings do not pause. I was wondering if I was just pulling to hard for the move.

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
have you tried using some kind of non-flammable lubricant? graphite (yoyo lube) could be a possible solution..

also.. if you are pulling too hard for the move, the drag friction will go up linearly with how hard you pull.. im not sure whether this friction will be of relevant magnitude or not, but if youre pulling hard enough that the swivels dont spin, thats a prob.

id go graphite powder first, or try using less of your muscles smile best of luck hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I personally use a marine silicone lubricant that I found in my house. You could try that, it works fine for me and lasts for a long time.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

KhaosSILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
Using lubricant ended up working out for me! thank you for the help! Now I can do hyper loops!

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
No problem! Use it on your bottom swivels too. It keeps your chain/cord from twisting up or spinning, especially when you shorten your chain/cord and helps keep your planes nice.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin