Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Stonehenge/Avebury summer solstice 2010?

Login/Join to Participate

Seraphiastranger
14 posts

Posted:
Is anyone going to either?
We're going to one, not sure which yet.
I know fire @ Stonehenge was a no no last time I went (few years back). What about Avebury?

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Argh! I was told that they weren't having the solstice this year at Stonehenge BC of some dig! Is this false?

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

Seraphiastranger
14 posts

Posted:
Ah...um...Hmmm? Lol
I've not heard that but will go check!

Well, according to English Heritage, it's still going ahead. No idea where that came from lol. There was a note under June which said 'NOTE: No stone circle access is available from 17th June to 30th June 2010 (Summer Solstice)' but that was regarding circle access which takes place after normal opening hours & needs to be booked. That could be where the confusion came from though? Or maybe the winter solstice perhaps? Hmmm
So no, looks like I still have a choice to make crazy
EDITED_BY: Seraphia (1275468226)

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
It's possible. Thank you for clearing that up.

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

philhewsBRONZE Member
37 posts

Posted:
I'll be going to Avebury for the sixth/seventh? year in a row. Never any problem with fire poi/staff/whatever else. Actual fires i.e. on the ground probably wouldn't go down to well!

Hopefully this year I'll actually get to see the sunrise, haven't done since my first year there due to being far too many clouds mad

I'll have my white glow with blue handles, fibre-optic glow and fire, come say hi!