SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I am wondering, how can I advertise myself. I want to preform for parties and I have no ideas on how to advertise myself. Right now I just do glow poi. But later I plan on buying some cathedral fire poi and buying the parts for a large fire fan, because i seriously dont know why you would spend over a hundred dollars for something you can make for like 30. I was thinking about making a website, but even then, how do I advertise that?

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Never underestimate the power of legwork. I would try and find venues or organizations that seem like they might hire a skill performer, and try to talk to someone to tell them why they should hire you. On the more passive end of things, if there are any dance studios or schools around, find out if they have a place to leave leaflets/cards. Heck, you can even do research: find places who have hired similar performers and ask where they went looking.

At least that's how I'd go about it if I were going to try performing. I haven't actually, but it seems like it's basically the same thing as job hunting, which I have done a bit of tongue2

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
I say first have something to market.. think of a name, or act name etc, get a logo.
Get pictures of yourself done...
Make some business cards, have a website (hell, lots of performers even use myspace.. or even facebook now as you can have fans) and then start getting your name out there.

things like fireperformers.com (I'm just making these up) but there are yahoo businesses and hotfrog and all these listing websites you can go to and put yourself under entertainment.

Maybe event agents in your area...

Just make sure if someone googles your area and fire entertainment, fire dancing, fire performing, glow show etc etc, somehow you are on the first page.

Also, go to clubs or your friends and ask to perform there. Yeah, you might do a few freeish shows to start up but don't piss off the regulars in your area...

and thats it.. your name will be out there!

2,280 posts

Posted:
I'd go to clubs, but I'm not old enough yet tongue2 And thank you for the ideas. It would be so easy to advertise if ANYONE walked ANYWHERE!!! But no one does where I live. I could advertise on the school channel, but only a total of no one watches it.

Camilla LeeMiss Flame
6 posts

Posted:
Networking networking and networking

Flaming greetings
Camilla Lee
Vognmandsmarken 42.
Copenhagen, Denmark
tel: +45 2212 0369
mail: ms@flame.dk

chronicentstranger
1 post

Posted:
Print some flyers and distribute it among your friends and at the street or the parties you attend grin
EDITED_BY: chronicent (1259041076)

Surf Safely.. Wear Quality !!
Cool

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Website with good photos and contact details then it's a case of contacting events seeing if they need anyone, make sure you have some clothing with your website on and some cards to give out to people when you are performing so they know who you are. Never underestimate the power of a high ranking on google wink

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

2,280 posts

Posted:
I'll probably do that, and tell my parents and their friends to give out cards or fliers. But I have no clue on how to make a website. nvm I have a friends that do. Where can I get like business cards? Or print large amounts of fliers, because I don't piss ink unfortunately.

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Print shop?

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
I got my cards printed at moo.com. They're pretty nice cards, and pretty reasonably priced. Not the cheapest out there, I'm sure, but a good balance. And if you get photos of your performance on flickr you can tell them to use your flickr images on the backs of the cards.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s