Page:
_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
First off, I don't mean this to be a popularity contest, more of an analysis of people others find inspiring, and what makes them stand out for you.

I blame Meg for giving me the idea for this thread, with her great post on the "what makes poi beautiful" thread where she described Ronan, Jade and Thomas' styles in detail. It really helped me understand a few of the things that made me and lots of others like them.

I'll start with one of my many favourites, Thomas (Nevisoul).
There's something about his style that shows you just how dedicated he is, every move he does seems under total control and he seems to be thinking 2 steps ahead of himself. You'll sometimes see him break into some difficult tech move and blend it with ease into his spinning.
His body movement is the same as his spinning - very controlled and flowing. He's one of the people who've inspired me to improve my footwork.

I have some more in my head but I'll keep them for later.

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
More and more, G is becoming my primary inspiration. His control is spotless, and I love the way he travels through his planes. I watch his performances and feel like the fire is dancing with him, not like he's spinning things on chains.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I'm liking G more and more, but my favorite 2 are still Nick and Thomas is #1 in my book grin but G is still currently #3 tongue2 after 3, I couldn't say.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

Flint_413GOLD Member
Fire Artist and Hooper
181 posts

Posted:
A few additions to my last post. The Fakyrai group out of Lithuania is INSANE!!!! They are so inspiring, work VERY well together and are just so amazing. I get goose bumps every time I watch them. Here's a link to one of their videos. The fire breath off the buzzsaw is SIIICK! grin

Also my cousin is a HUGE inspiration to me. Mainly because she just got me started with all this plus she just kinda rocks!

If you can't stand the heat, get out of my way.

Lukas_Blissstranger
11 posts

Posted:
Nick Woolsey, his style is the best on this Earth (no offense, guys) smile

Be the silence, surrounded by magic, and you will know what it is to be free.

"Because the people crazy enough to believe they can really change the world are the ones who actually do."

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
My favorite of him is in this video if you haven't seen it. It's so amazing!

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

MaurEzekielBRONZE Member
34 posts

Posted:
Yuta, easily. He's been a massive inspiration for me, and my goal is to reach his level in less than a year ("good luck with that", you're probably thinking, haha).

Nick Woolsey and Nathaniel Everist have been massively helpful with their tutorials, so I'm very grateful to them too.

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:
I really love Fire Groove because of their style and approach to poi, it's very refreshing and very metro! yes

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

Page: