Forums > Meet Others > Poi lessons in Brighton

Login/Join to Participate

Pirate_Petestranger
4 posts

Posted:
Afternoon all,

I've been given a set of poi by my housemate and don't really know what I'm doing with them.

I'm looking for classes/workshops to attend in the Brighton/Hove area. Does anyone know/run suitable classes?

Cheers smile

aunty_yopoi and staff teacher south africa
5 posts

Posted:
coolHI PIRATE PETER

CONGRADULATIONS AND WELCOME TO A WHOLE NEW WORLD I HAVE A POI ACADEMY BUT ITS ACROSS THE OCEAN IN SOUTH AFRICA UNLUCKY HOWEVER THE LESSONS ON HERE ARE GREAT WE ARE CURRENTLY LEARNING BUUGENG HERE THROUGH THESE LESSONS JUST TO REASSURE YOU THERE IS NO WRONG MOVES

ENJOY

LOVE AUNTY YO POIFUN .KZN ZA

aunty yo of the poifun and staffun academy sa.poifun does staff and poi exhibitions in kzn team aged 4 to adult i also manufacture thousands of poi and staff a year as south africa sets alight.but buugeng or s staff that my new personal project.

aunty_yopoi and staff teacher south africa
5 posts

Posted:
HI ALL

THIS IS AUNTY YO FROM POIFUN AND STAFUN ACADEMY IN MARGATE SOUTH AFRICA. WE ARE A ACADEMY OF 30 PLUS STUDENTS. WE DO SHOWS ALL AROUND KZN. WE ARE CURRENTLY STUDYING BUUGENG WITH DAI ONLINE. WOW ULTIMATE WE ARE HOPING TO PINOEER BUUGENG IN SOUTH AFRICA . ANY IDEAS WHERE WE CAN PURCHASE THEM AS WE ARE MAKING OUR OWN WHIICH IS NOT THE REAL THING . WE ALSO PRODUCE POI STAFF AND FIRE TOYS

ITS HOTTING UP IN SOUTH AFRICA

LOVE AUNTY YO

aunty yo of the poifun and staffun academy sa.poifun does staff and poi exhibitions in kzn team aged 4 to adult i also manufacture thousands of poi and staff a year as south africa sets alight.but buugeng or s staff that my new personal project.

LovoLord and Master
74 posts

Posted:
Welcome Pirate Pete!

You can teach yourself poi using the handy instructional videos on this website! Make yourself some popcorn, grab a couch and off you go into poi land!
Hope you enjoy!

Lovo

P.S. Aunty Yo, please don't advertise in someone's introductory thread. And also tone down the CAPSLOCK. Hope your business goes well though! :-)

Under the skin of our lives; somewhere deep and early, forgotten, we all follow the same dreams.
- unknown

ZazieBRONZE Member
There Is No Spoon
68 posts

Posted:
Hey Pete, I'm abandoning Brighton this month but there are poi classes run by Poi Passion, go to poipassion.com. Have fun!

Three years of my life that took. And I get; "... nice."

Pirate_Petestranger
4 posts

Posted:
Thanks to all for your advice. It's all most helpful and welcome. I've just got a laptop for chrimbo so I'll make sure I'll be studying the videos intently. Thanks again smile

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Or just head down to the level or beach during the summer, theres loads of people around spinning.

x

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

T-S-ASILVER Member
Magic Monkey Juice
252 posts

Posted:
Hi Paul, I am in Brighton and I spin... Have seen very few people around spinning, but I am always up for a meet smile

"We were making castles in the sand: Now we swim in the seas that swept them away"

T-S-ASILVER Member
Magic Monkey Juice
252 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: blu_valleyOr just head down to the level or beach during the summer, theres loads of people around spinning.

x

Really?

I have been to both reguarly so far this summer and seen no one frown

My friends have said the same. Any set times/days?

I hear it used to be Wednesdays at 5 a year or 2 ago, but doesn't seem to be like that now.

"We were making castles in the sand: Now we swim in the seas that swept them away"

Tom_ShillSILVER Member
enthusiast
213 posts

Posted:
Hi guys,

I've just moved to Brighton with my girlfriend and we're both circus types. We went to a juggling club in Hove last monday but it was pretty quiet. Does anyone know of a better club? If not I'm up for organising a meet some time this week if anyone fancies it?

If anyone's interested give me a ring or send me a text on 07765204827.

Let me know.

Tom

Will those capable of telekinesis please raise my hand?