Forums > Social Chat > Have a moan here when your birthday was pants!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
SNOOPoiCarpal \'Tunnel
3,380 posts

Posted:
It was my birthday yesterday an it was a bit pants. I had to go shopping to buy furnature for Ruby's room, my two best friends forgot it was my birthday (i didn't even get a text off them), and my aunt, who is also my godmother, didn't get me a present (for the second year running, she missed my 18th too!).

so i feel like nasty stuff right now ubbcrying

if anyone else wants to moan about their pants birthdays too please feel free!

xx

THWACK!!!!
Liz_Ard: Ouch!
SNOOPoi: Thats just not the sound of someone doing it right!

MagsKatBRONZE Member
Don't feed her cookies
113 posts

Posted:
* sits down and hands her some b'day cake*
Belated happy birthday honey.. my birthday sucked too.. i invited loads of people out (about 130! who's birthdays i had attended and enjoyed.) only 4 turned up and one of them tried to leave to go see her boyfriend!! ( they broke up a few days ago)

Oh and i had the day off but since it was not anyone elses birthday i had to spend the day alone frown

Formally known as kat224

We are not friends.. we never were.. but if i was part of your life then i thank you

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Mines coming up in November and I'm fully expecting it to be pants too... I left Uni last year so most of my friends have moved far away now, nobody has any money to do anything with... I hate birthdays! They just seem to get worse every year. frown

I wish I was still small and my parents were sorting out a party, with cake and games and silly hats and inviting everyone for me...ah, the good old days...

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

BurdaASILVER Member
Sacrebleu
377 posts

Posted:
Sorry to hear about your birthday snoopoi. It sucks when people let you down, but if they're anything like me, it's not because they don't care, it's because they're useless.

Anyways...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY for yesterday. hug

Poi(poi~y) n. : A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.
- part owner of Wooktastic™ ©

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
EVERY birthday is pants for me...

I still have a great time. But it's never about my birthday!

(It's on New Years Day)

frown

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
I never have good birthdays, its just another celebration of not being dead.

frown

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

mparkerSILVER Member
70 posts

Posted:
I took a 4-day weekend for my birthday, since it was on a Thursday (last week). And the suck just grew and grew. All plans went to hell and my cat died.

Thurs: I cleaned house. Prepared stuff for festival-going on Saturday. We were going to go out with people that night, but since I'm allergic to wheat we couldn't go anyplace good, special or fun. Boyfriend and I skip out alone for boring normal dinner. My cat worried me because she hadn't been eating right. Don't sleep well.

Ran errands Friday. Cat is REALLY worrying me now. Have big fight with boyfriend, because of cat worry he thought I was mad at him and wanted to break up (WHAT??!!!). Barely sleep. Start looking for local vet (I'd recently moved)

Saturday: cancel plans to go to really fun local festival (to celebrate birthday and for boyfriend to get me a prezzie) to take cat to vet and end up having her put to sleep because of massive stomach tumors. I am now broker than broke.

Sunday, hid in bed while the boyfriend took all the cat-related items out of the house so I didn't start bawling because I walked into the kitchen for a glass of water and saw her food bowls or toys. My mom gifts me with a plant.

The year had better get better from now on!

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
My 18th was all sorts of arsewipe.

Cried and everything. And I hadn't even started to drink at that point...

All in all, a very emo birthday.

Hope my 19th is better. biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Can I prebook my moan for mine? I think I'll just go play with the smoke machine and lasers in a small room tongue

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
I've always had rubbish birthdays, which is why last year my friends pulled out all the stops to give me the most amazing birthday ever...so I'm keeping everything a lot more low key this year. I've had my one amazing birthday, I'm all good. smile I think when you stop looking at it as a day to celebrate your birth and just look at it as a party where you get to do...basically whatever you like, the terms change a bit and it's easier to enjoy. I do however remind people constantly as it leads up to my birthday so that no one has the opportunity to forget. smile By the way it's my birthday in 49 days, dont forget biggrin

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
My birthday always sucks. Thats the main reason I try to spend it out of the country these days. This year I'm in Eindhoven. 11 days to go and counting bounce2

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
My birthday was the pants, I worked which wasnt too bad but it was also the day I got my letter telling me Im going into hospital tomorrow (my birthday was last tuesday) and most people I know forgot.

I invited everyone I could to go out for tea with me on the Friday night. Five of my friends turned up... twenty of my boyfriends friends showed up. The girl I was best friends with through highschool was meant to be there but her and her boyfriend went to melbourne for the day and forgot to tell me they wouldnt be there and the only reason I found is I ended up rining them when they didnt show to be told they werent coming.

I ended up staying up all night... but not partying. At about 2am we were getting some really weird messages from a girl we know who we had seen about an hour earlier, so we went into town to pick her up. None of us could drive so we walked in (about a 5 minute walk) to find we needed a car to get her back to where we were staying.. no one would come in and help us! Luckily we eventually got a car to come in and pick her up.. instead of the 2 minute drive it took it took longer as she kept trying to jump out of the car. We eventually got her back to where we were staying and then had to stay up all night looking after her, we rang the ambos at one point and they came in, said she was fine and then left again. At 6am we were able to get onto her mum to come in and pick her up. Turns out she had had her drink spiked.

So that was my birthday in a nutshell!

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
That.. sounds pretty bad.

I've not had a good birthday since my 17th, and I'm 24 now.. frown

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
my birthday wasnt exceptionally great, quite low key and arguments with the boyfriend which has been absolutely fab...NOT... HOWever... i have had a couple of weekends up north pre birthday which have been pretty amazing as a pre birthday celebration so im taking them as birthday and so all in all its not been that bad... eey...

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

SNOOPoiCarpal \'Tunnel
3,380 posts

Posted:
my birthday weekend got even worse!

went out on the town saturday night, my best mate split up with her boyfriend before we went out so she was miserable all night, then this guy who i am completely in love with and likes me too (but has a girlfriend) came to meet me and i was all drunk and crying! then the clocks went back so everything was completely weird time wise as i had no idea what was going on! best friend decided to go missing, so i ended the night sobbing in man i loves arms... but went home alone frown well with my mum, who mad me cheese on toast because i felt like crap!

sorry to hear about other peoples nightmarish birthdays, although i have to say does make me feel a tiny bit better knowing that it's not only me who has bad birthdays!

SNOOP ubblove

THWACK!!!!

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I always have bad birthdays. i think it has something to do with being born on a black Friday....always bad luck....

My worst was by far my 15 b'day...spent it in hospital....

SNOOPoiCarpal \'Tunnel
3,380 posts

Posted:
aww bless ya

*hugs*

THWACK!!!!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
*throws confetti around the thread*

Happy birfday!!!!!

It happens to me every year now.... I havent even had a b-day party in 8 years now.... *shrugs* Would be nice to get a party this year and I been laying down hints but I doubt it will happen. frown

jcrsGOLD Member
the floor is a sea of tigers...
404 posts

Posted:
i don't celebrate my birthday and i really couldn't be bothered... i've even forgotten my own birthday completely smile

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Its my birthday today, and its going to be ace - woo!

Mums coming up to visit, then I'm going out to party in central London.
Couple of friends have bailed out on me, due to being 'too tired', which basically equates to them not being arsed which makes me feel oh so special but fcuk 'em - imma have an ace time without them biggrin

scoshBRONZE Member
non stop uber rocking electro rock party
122 posts

Posted:
ooh happy birthday aimee smile, my birthdays always seem to get ruined by the people that are closest to me they take it in turns to ruin one each years its way fun smile

"im quite depressed, im quite a mess, so beat me up, beat me down, mess me up beyond all recognition"

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Happy birfday Aimee

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I lost my purse, but it dosnt even matter. £70 quid worth of birthday money gone..but its ok. If it wasnt my birthday I wouldnt have had that money in there away so I'm not exactly missing out, and the cards are easily replaceable.
Bit of a pain in arse, but didnt dampen the day biggrin

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
It's my birthday today and so far it's been ok. But then it's only 9am.

My birthday night out was a bit pants tho - frown

Gayle.....!

CalvinKlownEunathist
280 posts

Posted:
Wow there's a thread for everything I want on here now.
Turned Thirty yesterday, frown Recently became single, frown No job. frown Awful meal out with my Dad and Brother last night.:( None of my mates still living where I grew up. frown frown
Nothing to do no-one to see.:(
Nice to see solidarity amongst the bad birthday crew.

Never lie down with someone who has more problems than you.

old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Mine's next Monday... I have things to do lined up on a few different days, figure if I spread the celebration out over a week then less can go wrong?

This saturday I'm going to drive to my parents house, for shopping with mum, home-cooked food and generally haniging out with mum and dad for a while - has the potential to be very enjoyable, or very distressing, depending on if I manage to accidentally upset my mum or vice versa (we don't mean to, we just have a personality clash!).

Monday, actual birthday, having a quiet day with my boyfriend, possibly treating myself to something nice and going out for a meal.

Next Friday going out with my 2 best mates who are definitely coming out for some food and drinks and possibly a small group of other mates who are less reliable, so may or may not show up.

Hopefully not much can go wrong... even if one bit goes wrong (eg argue with mum), the other bits will still be good, thus overall my birthday should be ok!

Idolized by Aurinoko

Bob Dylan

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
tea fairy...i give this plan the thumbs up...im in the midst of celebrating my week of birthdayage over the course of 4 weekends, therefore it was ok that my actual birthday was quiet.. biggrin

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

SNOOPoiCarpal \'Tunnel
3,380 posts

Posted:
happy belated birthday aimee xx

happy birthday for tomorrow tea fairy xx

THWACK!!!!

OldLadyWinchesterSILVER Member
stranger
14 posts

Posted:
my 20th birthday sucked. I just turned to my friend angela in computer drafting class,said "im 20 today","oh cool,happy birthday" and we went back to work. that was it.

a true traveller has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving -Lao Tzu

old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Cheers snoopoi! It actually went pretty well, my mum's been spoiling me rotten and I had a nice chilled day off work yesterday. Nothing bad has happened, I'm going out again on Friday with my friends... that'll be the messy one if anything, a couple of my friends are discussing how drunk they can get me and what they could persuade/force me to do in that state... slightly worrying!

Idolized by Aurinoko

Bob Dylan

fryy4kSILVER Member
2 posts

Posted:
kk, my last B'day.. I lost my job and girlfriend on the same day.
BOTH my parents forgot, my parents ffs!!
I've never had a B'day party .. ever ever..

B'days r just B'days ... bad days lol!!

still be happy, uv got another one in a year!

smile

Page: