Forums > Meet Others > Backpacking Australia & New Zealand

Login/Join to Participate

SpinnerfreakPLATINUM Member
15 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone!

My name is Wouter and live in a little village near Amsterdam. I am spinning poi since february and fire poi since june.

Next week I will depart from Schiphol airport flying to Honkong, Sydney and eventually I will arrive in Auckland at Saturday the 27th of October. I was thinking about buying a car and exploring both Islands.

At the 25th of December I will take a plane back to Sydney where I will stay for seven months, making a giant loop accross the continent, discovering Australia by car.

Are there any firespinners here that would like to meet down under, anytime, anywere?

See you laterz, Wouter

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
if you're comeing through canberra at all chuck me a message and i'll let you know of any meets

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
There's a lovely spinning community down here in Melbourne, Victoria, if you come down south smile if you do, feel free to drop me a PM and i'll tell you any Melbourne meets going on! smile

hug

&#2384;

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
I should be backpacking round NZ at the same time as you, though only in the South Island.. if ye want to meet up?

By the way, you realise you'll be arriving in Aus shortly before [Old link] ? I'd suggest coming to that would be a good way to meet Aussie fire spinners. smile

Have a great trip! I know I have over here!

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
come to Perth come to Perth come to Perth...we always like having new visitors over here....

smile

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Yay! Another twirler! At this rate I won't have to leave the state to meet many many friends from HoP!

Come to Melbourne! We won't set you on fire, we promise biggrin

Kupo!

Markeespark(CCC)member
150 posts

Posted:
I'm in Auckland.. We do fire on Tuesday nights. Its a good place to meet people...

Kia Ora from the Central City Circus

15 posts

Posted:
Wow! All those replies... Thanks!

I will try to visit you all. But for now, I have a lot of stress, because tomorrow I will leave home for 9 months. My fire poi equipment is packed, so I hope I can get them on the plane without any problems.

Bye bye, Wouter
EDITED_BY: Spinnerfreak (1193212000)

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Try be in Perth for April 08 for Spunout 08. biggrin biggrin biggrin

Brissie for Xmas for Woodford

Adelaide for Octoberish for Common Ground.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

YODA.BRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
Hey man i am a Poi Twirler on the gold coast, Were always keen to meet new twirlers - so yeah if you come to the gold coast send me a msg for sure
Teagan

15 posts

Posted:
Hey folks!

At the moment I'm in Sydney and I was wondering if there are any (fire) gatherings / meetings in the city. Hope to meet some local spinners.

See Ya!

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Spinnerfreak,

There is a group that meets under the Sydney Harbour bridge on the Neutral Bay side of the bridge most friday nights, if that's of any help to you smile
My geography of Sydney isn't the best but if that's nearby to you and/or you can get to it I can try and get a sydney'er in touch with ye biggrin

&#2384;

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

15 posts

Posted:
At the moment I'm staying in the Blue Parrot hostel in Kings Cross. Last Friday during Anzac Day I went to North Sydney and checked if I could see any spinners under the Sydney Harbour Bridge near the Olympic pool. I didn't see any people there at 21:00.
So if you can get me in contact with some locals, that would be very nice. smile

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Used to be Glebe Thursday nights I think.

Neon Shaolin met up with some flaggers over there too

Is it the Truth?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
Hey Spinnerfreak!

I'm in Perth, and especially sinceyou'll be here in summer, there's quite a scene and plenty of friendly people.

Nov-Feb, Jedly and I will be in Africa, but after that, I'd be happy to show you round and have some spinning fun.

Yeah - SpunOut will be excellent! Not something to miss biggrin

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Africa......away again.......le sigh

Is it the Truth?

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
I know.. I only have two weeks either side of med and trip... frown

My spinning skills are declining as we speak :'(