Forums > Beginner Staff Moves > leg, calf, ankle, thigh wrap? has anyone tried this

Login/Join to Participate

kevannewbie
7 posts

Posted:
i have not seen anyone do this or document it, i have seen videos of some amazing spinners but they keep it all upper body and pretty much ignore their legs.

would be nice to see some videos of people doing this, it is pretty much my signature move. ill post some vids as soon as i can borrow my sisters camera.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
don't know about video but sandy does stuff with his legs a lot, he does the conveyor elbow wrist wrist elbow but carries it on using his legs also from a sitting position I've seen him do halo into leg / knee conveyor with a roll. he does a lot of leg and ground work (sorry for quoting you again sandy without a link wink )

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
check for a video called Drewandstaff.

available at the ministry of manipulation. smile

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
bender also does a decent array of under the leg stuff too, maybe try checking him out smile

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
Its ok mynci ill let you off wink
couple of leg things (not everything but..)
The beetle
https://inspinerate.com/video/tutorials/april%2007/Beetle.mov

The Twister
https://inspinerate.com/video/tutorials/april%2007/twister.mov

Dont have a video for the leg extension for the conveyor belt of for any of the kick up variations im afraid

"Don't do it naked!"

Dogma666BRONZE Member
10 posts

Posted:
hi, just joined the forum and this thread caught my eye as I recently tried a thigh wrap for the first time which seemed to flow well from a simple hand spin. I'll try it again on sunday and hopefully get some video (if I feel comfortable I'll try it on my stilts too).

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I believe you can also go from a fishtail onto the thigh onto the foot for a flick up wink I tried it but was a little messey (looked like a Fooked up the fishtail but recovered well ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i would not classify btl moves to be beginner movements. anything that involves a flame *under* you is too dangerous to suggest as a beginner movement.

if u love btl moves, then be stringent about what kind of material your pantaloons are. there is a doubles swapping btl combo in a practice vid in my gallery - maybe have a look there too ey.

cheers,
b

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always