Arcanemember
28 posts

Posted:
I know this should probably go into the "Technical Disscusions" area, but I know I'll get a good response on the Social board, so here goes:

Recently I posted on my displeasure with those who believe that the only way a person is a REAL juggler is if they can keep an impressive amount of objects in the air at one time...

The notion of being 'real' only if I can keep 5,7, or 9 balls in the air is ludicrous to me...

So, being the general 'a@@hole' about some things that I am, I ask this:

Wouldn't it be possible, theortically seeing as I have yet to do it, to keep an extrodinary number of balls in the air IF you perfected your height throws and the Full Shower or even Half Shower pattern?

Wouldn't it all be about the speed of your hands and the amount of accuracy you could obtain in height throws?

IF you are consistant with your throws and the pattern is perfect then couldn't 14,15,16, or even 17/18 balls aloft be possible?

Or am I just very stoned/drunk?

Serious question by the way, while I may or may not ever get 5 up in the air, it would be a GAS to set a world record for numbers juggling...

Seeing as I am a devote pattern juggler...

Peace

Arcane

...you're going to blow WHAT out of your mouth???????

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
has anyone got big enough hands to hold 15 balls and still manage to have enough control that they can throw them one @ a time...?

if not its a bit of a non-starter...

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Toreador VampBRONZE Member
70 posts

Posted:
What is the current record for ball juggling? I recall something about 9 or 10 but i could be very wrong, something that happens alot lately me being wrong about things

Vamp

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life
-- Terry Pratchett-Jingo

Reality is what refuses to go away when I stop believing in it.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
12 ball flash

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
I think with rings record is something like 14

On the moon it would be possible to juggle 63 balls.

wrt world recornd for numbers. no its very very boring indeed

Arcanemember
28 posts

Posted:
Coleman, that 12 ball flash was IMPRESSIVE! Good job!

As for how to hold 15+ balls, it would be a 'toss in' from a partner...The partner keeps adding balls to either a Full Shower or Half Shower pattern that I would be juggling...

The theory is that if you could throw high and fast enough, one could conceivably get 15+ balls in the pattern by the time the first one thrown comes back for it's second throw...

How confusing is that?? LOL

I'd have to look up the names, but the records are like 11 balls, 15 rings, and 9 clubs...I THINK....

Peace

Arcane

...you're going to blow WHAT out of your mouth???????

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
that 12b flash was the world record man.

the juggling world records are generally given as number of objects against number of throws.
so the ball world record (for highest number of balls) is 12 balls, 12 catches.
only two people have ever done it apparently but plenty have done 11 balls, 11 catches.
i am most certainly not one of them!

supposedly you have to start off with all the objects in your hands and finish by catching all of them. and get it on video preferably

still, if you manage a 15 beanbag shower for any amount of throws i would be mighty impressed to see it!

juggling's crazy innit...

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood