Forums > Social Chat > Recent Achievement Thread

Login/Join to Participate

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
OK, so I've had a decent bit of good things happen lately and I wanted to share, and so as to avoid bragging I invite you all to use this thread to spread your good cheer and accomplishments

Recently I have:
Earned my Brown Belt in Tae Kwon Do, and get to start teaching
Turned 23 on May 11th
Made the Dean's Honor Roll this semester, having taken mostly senior-level design courses (HARD work!)
Got my job back for the 4th summer in a row as engineering intern for the confections company here (they actually created the position just to get me back - no other interns this year!)
Recently celebrated 6-month aniversary with my girlfriend (7 coming up soon) and we're still as happy with each other as we were the first day
Actually went out and saw X-Men 2 and the Matrix movies on opening nights and had a blast!
Had my first "Power Hour" of beer and it was funny
My comic is pretty successful and I'm having a blast doing it, I hope you guys are liking it too ( shameless plug! )
I had gotten about $1000 of stuff stolen from me in January and they caught the guy and finally let me claim my merchandise and I only ended up losing 2 DVDs, which was incredibly lucky.

I just felt like sharing, I've had a lot of good karma floating about me lately and I hope everyone else does too!

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
I love this thread!

ok, my acheivement is pretty lame, but thats ok, i'm happy about it! basically, im a lump! (hooray!) 95% slacker, 5% potential..... but because i've been trying so hard at the whole getting fit thing lately, its maybe starting to pay off!

so my two acheivements are:
been a vegetarian for three months now. Really really really starting to enjoy it more and more.
and, running late for the train this morning, jogged the five blocks to the station and was pleasantly surprised at how much easier it was!
YAY!

Currently on the right side up of the world.

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
That's great news, Dio! Congrats to you.

My recent accomplishment is that I finally graduated with my PhD (I got my diploma last weekend). All those years of school are finally starting to pay off...

Arcanemember
28 posts

Posted:
Dio,

Congratulation on having such a good run of Karma of late...It's always pleasing when fortune runs your way! I don't know you, but I'm happy for you...

My own accomplishments?

Not too many to list, but meaningful to me at the very least:

Confronted death with the passing of a very special animal, our 18 year old Wolf Hybrid passed away last Saturday...We knew his time was at hand, but it sux none the less...

However,

The DAY 'Little Boy' passed, I found myself in a local Bird store an hour after he had left us, to pick up some seed for my Bugee (Parakeet)...In the middle of a store dedicated to selling Birds I am confronted with a 6 week old Wolf...Half Artic, half Timber wolf this pup was breed and born in captivity...

How, please tell me, does a person find a full blooded Wolf for sale in a BIRD store the DAY his Wolf hybrid passes away?

Needless to say she came home with me that day...

A snow white, VERY bossy little lady we named "Lily"...

Oh, and I FINALLY got double and triple spins 'down' with my clubs! (I've never been very adapt with clubs and have recently renewed my efforts to that particular prop)

Again, good for you Dio!

Peace

Arcane

...you're going to blow WHAT out of your mouth???????

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Last week I did a course in Indian Head Massage and Henna Painting.

So inspired was I that I am planning on studying in the evenings. My aim is to get ITEC diploma in Aromatheraphy, Indian Head Massage and counselling.

Okay so my achievement is getting off my bum to do something.

A feat in itself

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
Nice thread Dio!!!

quote:
Recently celebrated 6-month aniversary with my girlfriend (7 coming up soon) and we're still as happy with each other as we were the first day

Yep!

My recent accomplishments I guess don't compare with the one's yall already posted, but I think they are important enough to post here.

After 3 tries at Algebra I finally stuck through it with Dio's help in tutoring and passed it!!!

Now I just have Trigonometry and thats it with math requirements.

I'm trying to stay at college to take summer classes for the first time.

If I don't get to enroll, then I still plan on living in the town and working...Don't want to go home.Plus it's closer in distance to Dio...Ok well not really because I'm in Oklahoma and he's in Illinois(~ 700miles)(730 to be xact).

Having to get over the initial shock of him being gone all summer(3mos). And missing him!

Dio says it's like a business trip so I'm trying to look at it from that perspective.

Ok getting off topic here...Need to get back on topic.

Going to go look for a summer job...Never had an actual one before. I would usually just watch my bros and help my mom out with the housework and sometimes helped with the lawn work.I got to cut an acre of yard! WOOHOO! Yes that made me happy because it was fun!

Ok well that's all I can think of right now but I'm sure throughout the summer I will accomplish more.

you Dio hon!

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
nice thread!

just cracked Tukey's post-hoc analysis for the first time!

"wanders off chuckling, leaving everyone else completely bewildered"

never mind- first year psychology statistics (should have learnt it last year really!)
Yay for you& me2!

-DIO!!! Just looked at your site &...
I AM VERY VERY ANGRY WITH YOU!!!
HOW COULD YOU SAVE THE TELETUBBIES????
THEY DESERVE TO DIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
KILL, KILL, KILL!!!!

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

Jade Lynxmember
239 posts

Posted:
Wow! Congratulations, all y'all on many cool accomplishments!

For myself, i have split up with my husband (not a good accomplishment , exactly, but needed to get it done), and moved out.
That's the big deal, actually, as i am now in my first ever very own place with no human housemates at all!

We got the MikeZ in the house, woot!Glue the ham, hat baby!

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I've not done a great deal this week, like most weeks actually.

I discovered that I can still juggle clubs after at least a year, which was nice

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Mr.Gonemember
7 posts

Posted:
It's great to see so many good things happening in the world at large. The past few weeks have been horrible for almost everyone I know(including me.) Maybe the planets that have been sucking the good karma from life are finally passing retrograde... or something.

My accomplishment, learning how to do
weave:windmill:reverse weave

Peace

sea gypsyBRONZE Member
51 posts

Posted:
Love the thread,

Mr Gone, what's happened why so sad?

Well done everyone, isn't it amazing what I diverese range of achievements visitors have to a page like this...leaving your husband, to celebrating six months. Well done to one and all.

me?
I finished writing the three pivotal chapters of my novel - hard work.
I think that's it, but I'm happy about a lot of things in my life at the moment. Quite chuffed that I have managed to make my belly tan...normally it burns, humm lobster pink, so attractive...although Pink Poi might like it? Anyway it's a kind fo honey brown, and I like it. I quit a job that was destroying my soul to pursue a dream and I get to go surfing whenever the waves are good....all this ends in September unless I dig the escape route before then.

...never just an ordinary girl.

Yoyomember
25 posts

Posted:
Hehehe...I didnt think id have any achievements to put here but finally I cracked it...

I learnt how to juggle 3 balls...yiipeeeeeeeee!!!

Well done to everyone else with fannytastic achievements too...pats on the back all round

A beautiful person needs no other merit than they're own existence!

bansheemember
32 posts

Posted:
ok. My accomplishments: i had a really great fire show last weekend....which included realizing that people actually know who i am (banshee) now.....that was very very kool. the second accomplishment i have is that i've made it to "the half-way mark" of being away from my girlfriend - she will be visiting me in less than 3 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I walk the line-- alien sex fiend

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
i have one achievement as so far in my life:
I WAS BORN!!!!!!!!

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
quote:
DIO!!! Just looked at your site &...
I AM VERY VERY ANGRY WITH YOU!!!
HOW COULD YOU SAVE THE TELETUBBIES????
THEY DESERVE TO DIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Hey, when it comes down to Teletubbies vs Jerry Falwell, I'm gonna take their side, amigo

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

Arcanemember
28 posts

Posted:
quote:
just cracked Tukey's post-hoc analysis for the first time!
Oh so much fun...

What's better is when you get into "Principles of Learning" and "Experimental Psych." so you can USE all of those lovely (sarcasm) Statistics you are learing!

Good luck, Psych. can be a tough major...I'll have my B.S. when I finally go back after an emergency leave from school and finish my research.

Peace

Arcane

...you're going to blow WHAT out of your mouth???????

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Well... I met my sister (the lovly Cassandra) for the first time!! Umm... she tought me several poi moves and some contact staff!!! I am so happy about that!! Umm... got my first injury from a staff! haha a fat lip from not catching the staff right hahahaha Pain is just weakness leaving the body!

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
quote:
(7 coming up soon)
Here's to lucky number 7 hon!

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.