DJ AmanSILVER Member
34 posts

Posted:
I'm tryin to light up certain parts of my string and my attempts have all failed. Well, my experiment w/ a led glowstick and a latching hook gorilla glued to it failed. I've had many of ideas but all of them have high probability of extra strings tangling, lack of... (enter good word for can do wraps and chain tricks good), and not being able to get objects because they don't exsist. *sighs* Now, what's the best way of adding on UV sensitive or LED things on my chain. I see poi chains made of glow bracelets but I'd rather have something more long lasting (recharcable glowing poi string *smiles at a future failure atempt*) then those though.

ImbalanceGOLD Member
not different, just not the same
263 posts

Posted:
I assume for this you are spinning glowing poi as well and not Fire. https://www.neonhusky.com has some nifty chains that are basically 2 tubes linked together which hold battery powered glowsticks. These look pretty freaking awesome when spun. They also make some made to hold glow necklaces.

I once learned every move that there was,
Every style, Every technique.
Then I woke up, and forgot it all,
So now I struggle to dream.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
UV paint?

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
er. coloured tabs?

wink

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

splinterificGOLD Member
enthusiast
248 posts

Posted:
post-its? ubblol

DJ AmanSILVER Member
34 posts

Posted:
... Well tell you the truth I've been looking for a couple months for UV paint. I have a ball chain soo.. It's hard to stick on things and expect them to stay.
As for the quantum leashes. I've had some experience with streetlights, even w/ deflectors, breaking a bit too easily. If those leashes were made of a more study battery powered glowstick then I'd have already bought them. In one of my experiments I tried to make my own glowstick leashes but it failed miserably. ubblol
is there some kind of ball chain clamp-on to put on to the balls. Then I could put something on that clamp-on. shrug

Invader XanSILVER Member
Your friendly neighbourhood mad scientist
479 posts

Posted:
I wonder if you could use El Wire...

"Love the art in yourself and not yourself in the art."
--Konstantin Stanislavisky

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
https://www.glorope.com/index.cfm

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

Invader XanSILVER Member
479 posts

Posted:
Glowing fabric! Cool! I'm gonna make a glow in the dark poncho... biggrin

DJ AmanSILVER Member
34 posts

Posted:
What IS the weight tolerance of EL wire... That glorope.com stuff adds some good ideas on what to do also. thanks. smile

Invader XanSILVER Member
479 posts

Posted:
No idea, I'm afraid. But if it's too weak, you could try reinforcing it somehow, with some rubber tubing or similar. Actually, I was chatting to someone about this on another forum...

DJ AmanSILVER Member
34 posts

Posted:
what about a staff/poi hybrid? like getting flowpoi trios and puting a regular poiball on top of that. That would look kind of funky though... has anyone used twist ties to secure lights on poi? ubblol

Theo_SILVER Member
Dirty Hippie
347 posts

Posted:
i've seen on ebay, glow shoe laces, and they have like a little battery at the end so can reuse them.. dunno if they'll be ok, might break if they twist round too much..
here we go: glow laces
might be helpful smile

for every minute angry, you loose 60 seconds of happiness

luke2063newbie
2 posts

Posted:
I tried EL wire as string for a set of poi once - for the first 5 minutes or so it looked fantastic, but with all the twisting and flexing it did, it damaged the insides and slowly bit by bit the EL wire stopped emitting light. On the plus side, however - the EL wire I had was UV reactive, and its fairly strong.