ChorinBRONZE Member
217 posts

Posted:
Hi all, I'm after some advice. Have any of you done a season snowboarding/ski-ing? I'm thinking of doing one next season and need to know what sort of things I should do and when? cheers for any help you can give me.

Dilbert's Words of Wisdom -
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either!
You are slower than a herd of turtles stampedeing through peanut butter!

Oh yeah.... Don't tell the ants

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
this website should sort you out:

www.natives.co.uk

has pretty much everything you need to know as well as having listings for all the lovely ( ) jobs available.

if you know you want to snowboard just go for it.
some of the best months of my life have been spent up a mountain

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

ChorinBRONZE Member
217 posts

Posted:
what about choice of location? any recommendations? I don't speak any other languages, although I could probably pick up french if it came down to it.

Dilbert's Words of Wisdom -
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either!
You are slower than a herd of turtles stampedeing through peanut butter!

Oh yeah.... Don't tell the ants

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i went to les deux alpes in france which was i couldn't recommend enough - amazing snowpark and great riding in general (especially this year when they had *loads* more snow than i ever saw there ).
also had friends do seasons in tignes, courcheval, les arcs and whistler.
whistler was amazing but hard to get a visa for.
france is wicked but the jobs are pretty crappy.

my advice: follow the snow

pretty hard to do i know but a few companies won't allocate you to any more than a country until you complete the training course.

there's no need to worry about learning a language really if you are working for a brtish company but you'll likely pick up a load just from shopping and chatting to locals.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
the helpful people on the forum of

www.theboarder.co.uk

will give you some advice if you ask

I was in Val D'Isere for quite a bit of this season. Absolutely amazing riding but a really expensive place to live especially if you aren't working.

SNOOOOOWWWW I miss the mountains

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Hey,
I've been a ski bum for years. Its a good life, although your not rich in money, your rich in other things. Where do you think you will go, and in what Mountains?
I personally ski, but both have there advantages. However I have been thinking about switching over to Telli.
I have worked/skied at such mountains as; SnowBird Utah, Alyeska Resort in Alaska, Big Sky in Montana, Breckenridge in Colorado, and Cannon Mountain in New Hampshire.
Where you thinking maby the Alps or US Mtns? New Zealand has great Mountains as well, and you could leave today and ski tomarrow.
Well Got to go.

~Fire Spirit

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!