Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Common Ground '07, Adelaide - SOLD OUT!!!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
~*~ COMMON GROUND 2007 TEASER ~*~

!!!!!!!!!*********COMMON GROUND SITE IS UPDATED*********!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.common-ground.net

we will be updating it progressively as we confirm / think of stuff closer to the date.

------------------

Greetings to all you fine, dandy, spangley and sparkly people!!

Just putting the word out…..

Common Ground is an Annual object manipulation and lifestyle meeting held from Friday the 5th of October to Monday the 8th of October. It's aimed specifically at people who want to relax, have fun, share and learn in a positive and supportive environment.

Set in the picturesque Adelaide Hills, the location has ample room for camping, workshops and more.

Mainly focussing on (but by no means limited to) Twirling, Dance, Music and Circus related skills. Workshops cover a very wide range of different interests and skill levels. From complete novice to professional performer, we think we have something for you.

Core to the concept is participation. The event is created by those who attend sharing their skills and experiences with others - to borrow a phrase thrown around at Burning Man:

"No Spectators, only Participants."

Although, if doing every workshop isn’t you style - just chill out and contribute to the relaxed, happy atmosphere.

Confirmed Dates:

Friday 5th October

Saturday 6th October

Sunday 7th October

Monday 8th October

The dates are a week later this year giving the crew time to be completely set up and running by the time people arrive Friday morning.

Friday – arrive anytime, gates will be open at 8am. Workshops start in the afternoon.

Saturday – **Show**

Sunday – TBA

Monday – workshops and offsite by after lunch.

We have already had some reservations on workshops these include:

Yoga

Drumming

Learn how to DJ

Yogaeria

TICKETS – Limited to 150!! And yes they will sell out!

Early bird - $30 booking before August 31st

Just missed the worm - $40 September 1st – October 4th

Missed the boat - $50 on the door if there are any remaining - there weren't last year

Please email if you would like an EB ticket – go on be the first you know you want too!

IDEAS: for workshops and contributions most welcome.

As in 2005 and 2006 – there will always be smiles, fun, madness, music, dancing and laughing.

Stay tuned for future updates.

Cheers,

Kate and the Common Ground Crew

common-ground2006@hotmail.com

EDITED_BY: Katinca (1191027645)

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

bigginsSILVER Member
165 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Pyrolific

drumming as backing for the show will depend largely on the drummers that show up - I wont be pushing for it this year however, it needs to be something that flows, and will only occur if there is a cohesive drum crew smile

PS - mp3 vs cd vs vinyl is an argument best left to the appropriate forum(s) hey Biggins tongue

I think I've seen that one about a billion times (no really!) on

-oztrance
-australiens
-tranceadelaide
-psyforum
-isratrance

I bet youve seen it on all these and more. smile

probs dont need it here...yet! wink

hahaha yeh totally, lets face it, it is a boring topic, has been over done in many places and many many ppl dont really care so thats why i didnt post the reply tongue

ps: shouldnt you be at work?? tongue

Wielding a Wooden Spoon

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
excellent, im a *little* music nerdy, so most of my stuff is at least 192kbps smile

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
grouphug?

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
grouphug

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
bounce

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
bounce2

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Wow this thread has grown!! I'm still unsure of plans at the mo, want to come so much though...

I'll do a strongie b drinking and pie eating workshop if I can make it *goes off to find DeepSoulSheep as he was a trooper on the strongie b front at the first one*....

kiss

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
hee so yup other than dj stuff.. i was wondering if the guys that did the chai stall the first CG are ever coming back?..

..and if not i guess i'm offering to run a chai stall for breaky? smile i think we missed that last year hey.. mm steamy chai in the morning.. ubblove

lex!! hope you can make it! hug

grouphug

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
mmmm, id gladly give you a bit of a hand kitten smile

hug kiss

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
yay! that sounds wonderful peetle hug2
aren't you supposed to be at school right now? wink

bigginsSILVER Member
165 posts

Posted:
 Written by: pineapple pete

hand kitten smile

aaaaaw...

Non-Https Image Link

or did you mean

Non-Https Image Link

???

hmm.....maybe there will be some of those snacks of dubious origin

Non-Https Image Link

(not that i'll be eating them...mmm...cake..)

tongue

Wielding a Wooden Spoon

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
i think that first one looks more like a ferret ubblol

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
hehe, i *was* at school when i posted that... am now at home smile

hug kiss

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
I wish I was at home frown. Today has just gone balls up at work ubblol

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
aha biggins.. now we know where those snacks of dubious origin disappeared to..! wink

i'll bring honeycrackles if you bring cake!

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
ubblol id offer to help but that means not sleeping in for half the day again in the magical snail, only to be woken by singing camels, slou... ill help

do we have any ideas on teachers of workshops? and indeed what those workshops will be?

grouphug

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
I was thinking that this year we could have a DIY workshop schedule- ie we set up the spaces, and CG provides the teachers. I think we have enough people coming that will be able to offer something interesting, skillful or just plain whacky to learn, that we will be able to simply put up a chalk board and have people put up their workshops. A bit like Confest.

how does this sound?

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
sounds good to me

*writes bretts name on chalkboard*

tongue hug

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
ok... then... what exactly will i be teaching?

i think this year instead of having 'advanced poi' and 'beginers poi' we should have a few different workshops like have a 'poi flowers workshop', 'atomics workshop', 'inversions workshop' 'get down and jammin with socks and balls workshop' *shrugs* think it will work better that way... dont look at me for taking throws or tangels workshop though.... maybe i should run a dance like shiva workshop... happy to do a handstand, 360 handstand and butterfly kicks workshop but have a stress that if i give wrong instruction for how you should hold yourself or someone is dumb I'll be in trouble... also happy to share some contact staffness...

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
i like the idea of workshops for specific things - takes out the element of "what level am i?"

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
true... im thinking that i would try and aim most of my workshops so every one can do them... like butterfly stuff can range from butterfly to that werid butterfly isolated inversion that pete and i do.... i got the idea to run workshops that way after matts inversions workshop which i thought worked really well... i know flowers can be taught like that quite well and also my under the leg stuff... maybe your right though maybe we need the uber beginerclass...

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Well I am still planning on throwing in a quick 2UberOZ about 5 weeks before this, so you will have plenty of things to practice, and lots new geeky terms to throw around. Maybe even some in Japanese... wink

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

bigginsSILVER Member
165 posts

Posted:
seeings as i am hoping to attend some wiorkshops,

can some do a short duouble staff and maybe a club twirling workshop??

taaa

Bx

Wielding a Wooden Spoon

bigginsSILVER Member
165 posts

Posted:
 Written by: BrettStar

maybe your right though maybe we need the uber beginerclass...

i think this is a good idea fo sho!! maybe you can schedule the beginners stuff at the start of the weekend and gradually make em harder?? give new ppl a chance to learn stuff and then maybe progress to some more advanced stuff??

Wielding a Wooden Spoon

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
mmm, i also like that idea of workshops to suit all smile

(ps brettmo, i did that butterfly isolashy thing with fire last night.. it was.. messy smile )

hug

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
hey can i commission someone make me a contact staff for CG?
I feel bad that i gotta steal people's gear everytime there's a contact staff workshop.

also, i think we need a colour photo of contact chris on a stick, so that he can attend this year's CG in spirit. loved watchin that guy do his fire magick the most!

b

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
thanks for the clarification, Josh. I totally concur with the importance placed on keeping a lush atmosphere at CG (My post was primarily a reation to feeling badly for Jon, admittedly he did leave a playlist running as opposed to DJing...)

i loooooove psy and prog and perhaps i was being too conscious of other people who might not live and breathe doof every weekday and all weekend smile I bought several kilos of psy and prog last time have some fun lined up - I'm grateful for every second i get to share the music i love with people playing with the art i love!
I've been loading up on crossover world music: bhangra/d'n'b, psychedlic dub, french reggae and other slower happy daytime stuff.

if anyone can't be bothered burning 90 CDs at only MP3 quality to play at CG, i have a Traktor set up on my laptop instead... 4.57 GB of Mp3s on a DVD will can easily get beatmatched with FX and filters....

i like the idea of confest style workshop boards - so much spontaneous majick happens at large gatherings of talent, and a flexible workshop structure would be a great enabler of such spontaneity.

on the topic of chais... more is more!!!
i would pay to have enough - if we can get a big urn to use, it would be swell.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

bigginsSILVER Member
165 posts

Posted:
 Written by: bender

......other people who might not live and breathe doof every weekday and all weekend smile

....erm.......what??!! who are these ppl??

*does not compute*

ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile

Wielding a Wooden Spoon

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Thanks bender for saying not everyone lives and breathes doof smile

*runs and hides now*

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Well even though I would clearly put my self in the eat,drink and live doof - I also concur that it is great to have other music types and look forward to hearing some of you guy-z fav tunes biggrin

I love the world music, bungra beats and Bender that French Reggae sounds alsome.... Really dig tunes in different languages.

- anyway back to the main question....

Should we *just* have an open blackboard (you can write on it first thing Friday morning) with Workshops or would you like a few scheduled workshops in there so people can plan the days and times they really need to be there for?

However, I will stresss.....that there will defiantly be a few times where we will require everyone together - eg. show planning, preparation etc....

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Page: ...