linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
ok this is an upcoming show that im taking part in, its put on every year by the UCL juggling society, balls!, normally i wouldnt plug this here but it should be a good evening and im sure a lot of you will know a few people taking part (probably me, nat (tinypixie), or tommy (Irinus) ) the money is going to a good cause so it would be awesome if people could come along so heres the blurb......

the event: balls for balls! is balls! annual show. its a showcase of our skills so includes poi, hoop, diabolo, staff, club juggling, CJ and all sorts of stuff. The event is to raise money for the orchard trust which supports reseach into testicular cancer.

the venue: the garage theatre just off gordon street central london - nearest tube station is euston square with warren street and euston also with in 5 minutes walk. a map is here
the garage theatre sits on the small alley linking taviton street and gordon street just south of endsliegh gardens.

when: balls for balls is running from Thursday 1st to Saturday 3rd of march at 7.30pm tickets are £3 on the door - arrive early to avoid dispointment (they go quick)

hope to see you there -if you think you can come please post so that we can know who to expect and say hi on the evening (if you ask really nicely we may even give out contact details so you can find us - unfortunatly as we will all be taking part we wont be able to come and find people)

back

lilith_in_londonSILVER Member
149 posts

Posted:
bumpety-bump! it's this week smile

c'est pas nous qui sommes à la rue, c'est la rue kétanou!

1st official camden town (uk) meet 21st october! see the events bit

IrinusBRONZE Member
enthusiast
222 posts

Posted:
Balls! 4 Balls - First night tonight!!!

Hey guys, here's your final reminder smile So no excuses spank

Doors open at 7pm, show starts at 7.30.

Here's a map

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Link the poster... biggrin

I think it looks okayish but the artist was a kn*bhead... wink

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Yayyyy I'm looking forward to seeing this on Saturday night with Mr Coleman smile

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
Can't make any of these due to prior engagments but good luck guys, hope it all goes well!

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
Oh my God - first night generally went really really welll.... I can't believe it!

And it was a complete sell out - we had to turn quite a few people away.....

warp children still smile the same

"when i left the mine i realised that the world was changing. or was it us who were changing?"

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
well done guys! wish I could come and support you in person, but unfortunately I can't afford the ticket to the UK and back! Good luck got the next performances! hug

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

IrinusBRONZE Member
enthusiast
222 posts

Posted:
I have to say, I think one of the reasons we sold out was the wonderful publicity. There's a rubbish copy of the poster here, and I'll try to get a better copy up there soon smile

Oh, and your name's on the programme dave biggrin

TinyPixieSILVER Member
enthusiast
394 posts

Posted:
Yes Dave! everyone has been telling me how amazing the poster is! smile and it's true. IT IS BRILLIANT! oh, and the show isn't bad either wink