Hirsty87BRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
I've just received my new Fire poi and want to know if i should soak them in the fuel for a while before i use them? anyone have any advice?

poigmarmite and nutella sandwich
1,590 posts

Posted:
the best place to go would be 'technical discussion' or 'help' wink

THE hop Pyro.
(with parents)
Unowned

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
i would soak them first, then while your soaking you can follow poig's directions wink

Hirsty87BRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
i would have gone there but there seemed to be more people in here and i decided i'd get a quicker response, which seems to have been the case

poigmarmite and nutella sandwich
1,590 posts

Posted:
ah, good thinking ubbidea

THE hop Pyro.
(with parents)
Unowned

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I reckon that all you only need to soak them until they stop bubbling, which probably won't take more than a minute.

Spin them off (preferably using something to catch the excess fuel), then light up - it's not worth soaking them for ages before your first burn, you'll almost certainly get no benefit from doing so.

If you're using paraffin as fuel, it's probably worth dunking them again briefly after they've gone out to cool them down and stop them smouldering. Don't do this with anything more volatile though, it may well light the fuel in your dipping container.

For more detailed comments have a go at using the search engine, it's been discussed in length a few times.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.