Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Down the Rabbit Hole 2: Digging Deeper

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
So it seems there might be a few spinners heading to asia this winter with spinning on their minds. I just wanted to see who else is heading over, what their plans are while they're over there.

My tickets are booked! I'm arriving in bangkok 16th november, and returning to ireland 3rd February

I've heard from a lot of spinners of a park in bangkok where people meet up every day to play. Thanks to Banshee Cat for the following info:

Written by:

It is the Pra Atit boat stop, and the park is called Pra Sumen. I would reccommend staying closish by at the guesthouses on Sri Ayyutaya rd-- Tavees Guesthouse, or Sri Ayyutaya's, or Shantis, all very close together down that road. Nice community... May Kai Dees is a great restaurant for veggie food along near that strip-two locations, one on samsen, and one off the end of Kho San rd and across the st.... Probably more specific address in the guide books...

Nick (poi celebrity number 1 wink) is planning on a poi camp in Pai, northern Thailand, where spinipulation enthusiasts can meet up and play, practice, etc (see his post below). I definately plan on spending some time up there with him during my adventure. Probably stop number one after bangkok... ubbrollsmile

Leave your winter behind, come find some winter summer!

COME SEE HOW FAR THE RABBIT HOLE GOES!

sunny

grouphug

weavesmiley juggle weavesmiley

meditate

ubbrollsmile

Ronan

EDITED_BY: Ronopotamus (1162506759)

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
Rainbow Gathering: The site is near Ao chaak beach (which continues as the Welcome Center) in
> central Thailand (mainland).

https://therainbowfamilytribe.tribe.net/thread/22a12b5b-ec70-4654-a0ce-299cb531c43a

Just google "world rainbow gathering thailand" and you'll find a few web pages posting details about how to get there, what to bring, etc.

n

"They're interdimensional fractal intelligences. That's why they wear funny shoes."

orenicoPLATINUM Member
143 posts

Posted:
hey all Rabbit Hole people!

got a flight ticket to NZ and going on the 12.

so no more thailand on this round.

to all the great people i met here the last month, thank you for the good company and exallent teaching. hope to see you again in bangkok before i go, and if not than soon in europe, canada, NZ, australia or wherever.

with love,

oren.
EDITED_BY: orenico (1165652688)

Love, Love, Love...

joshgomeramember
155 posts

Posted:
thanks nick.! biggrin
.thats a great detailed information,...

so i just have to finish work and book!

enjoy

josh weavesmiley

maiukiBRONZE Member
51 posts

Posted:
Iuju!!!
Will be lovely to see u over here guide Josh!!

And for the rest of people around, a little update. We are a quite big bunch of people over here in Pai,.Nick, Dan, Krista, MK,Tomas,Nou( I don't really know how to spell it),Ronan,myself,..and a few more spinners w go collecting and making addicts in our way, so,..Come on!! Join us!!

hug
Oren< hope you had fun a Kanchanabury, and hope to see u soon!! smile

muxus

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Guide Josh! Que fantastico! biggrin

Hope you manage to get some plane tickets to make your way over here soon.

Orenico, lovely to meet you and hope you found some new directions to poi in smile

Pai update - lovely to have new faces coming and going all the time over here.
And for any Irish people who recall "sock in the face", after this mornings devistating victory over Thomas I currently hold the asian title! smile
Take that big toe! :P

sunny
weavesmiley
biggrin

alphalightGOLD Member
103 posts

Posted:
big circle full of love to pai to all the beings who know myones

ronan title do u really need one ?

thomas kick his ass for good he is blowing his ego wink

enjoy amigo de la every moment u got

i´m still in germany and i will stay here for a while clearing the material and emotional past to be able to fly freeeeeeeee or did i say i ride wink

peace and hmm from collogne

ap*

hug

peace and light

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
So there are quite a few of you guys still in Pai.

Josh and I arrive in Chiang Mai on the 20th.... (LESS THEN A WEEK - wooo)

We are happy to get to pai... if there's going to be anyone there.

OR are you guys all planning to head south for Christmas..

A HOP Christmas would be a nice thing to celebrate together. *puts on a Santa hat and blows a party whistle*

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
We're trying to figure things out. We'll be leaving soon after the 20th I think... but some of us might even have a gig on Koh Lanta for the 24th-29th. We'll know soon.

...but yeah, if you come up here on the 21st you'll only catch a few days of Pai-ra-dise, most likely.

Meanwhile, I doubt we'll all get everybody to do exactly the same thing, as nobody has exactly the right place. Most of us want to check out the rainbow gathering. Some of us want to check out the Green Spirit Festival for New Year's. Last week of Dec and first Week of Jan are most likely dates for most of us to be at Rainbow. After first week of Jan things are totally up in the air.

n

"They're interdimensional fractal intelligences. That's why they wear funny shoes."

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:
I'm planning to hit the Green Spirit festival for NYeve bounce
and Rainbow maybe before /after going to krabi ?
actually I haven't planned anything yet peace
let me know if you/Ronan/maiuki/Jay&co have a detailled route
more particularly where would you go if you had to spin on southern sunny beaches
hugs to everyone in Pai
ubbrollsmile

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
ok I'm putting in a vote for a big spinners meetup from about the 6th to the 9th at

Tonsai Bay

which is near Krabi in South Thailand. It sounds like a relaxed beautiful place where chilled young people go. It would be super awesome to have a nice group of poiple there for a couple of days of beach fun.

Also I think we will be at the Rainbow Gathering before that - so we will be able to meet up with people there too. so i think we will be at the Rainbow Gathering from about the 3rd or so.

If anyone wants to adventure with us to/from the rainbow n stuff that would be cool - it will make it easier to hire boats / busses if we have a troupe.

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Hey Olivier - hope all is well in germany hug
I'll play a game of ping-pong in your name!
You still in germany february? see you soon amigo

Olive! looking forward to seeing you. I plan on making some plans about the general plan of what i might be doing some time .... maybe smile Seems like the south direction might be calling

sunny

WAHHEY!

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Tonsai is where I saw firespinning for the first time and its the one of the most beautiful chilled places i've even been too.

You have to climb over a small cliff to get there.

I cant recomend this place enough. Its also one of the top ten climbing spots in the world.

Someone raise a glass in the Gecko bar for me. I never even knew firespinning existed before that place.

Thanks for the reminder josh, brings back alot of really sweet memories.

a

Love is the law.

alphalightGOLD Member
103 posts

Posted:
ola ronan
i´m doing fine after meditation things are clearer and and give u the ping pong title

i stopped playing that game wink there are so much super games inside of us puaahhh
don´t know if i´m still in germany in february but if i take u in my arms in my new flat if not i send u circles from peru or chile wink

germany is preparing for christmas they go slowly crazy on the street but that will change in a few weeks so i can stand it

enjoy every moment in pai and big hugs to the lovely poiple

from alemania
o*

peace and light

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
woo - leaving foro Thailand tommorrow!! smile

ubbrollsmile

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Okay, flying out New Years day hopefully and will hopefully be in Koh Panghan in time for the 3rd. Andrea, we're moving on to Pnom Penh in Cambodia around the 12th but will hopefully see you before we go, keep in touch on here though and we'll try and bump into you! The rest of you, hopefully bump into you on a beach somewhere soon, I'll be the pale skinned one! wink
grouphug

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
biggrin

Splendid... well, I suppose it's ok now biggrin

I'm coming too bounce

Kelly, Andrea... Drew, Nick... Ronan, Maddi... (and anyone I don't know yet) see you all very soon smile

I'm flying out on Jan 1st, back on Jan 26th.

See you then xxx

Getting to the other side smile

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
Our evolving plan: South shortly after Xmas (or sooner if it keeps getting colder), Rainbow/Green-Spirt-Festival until the 8th, then we meet some peeps on Tonsai beach for up to a week, then we head over to Koh Phangan for at least a couple weeks.

Not all of us are doing this, but probably this will be the biggest posse from the Pai crew.

n

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm... So where shall I meet you then?

I'll probably hang around Bangkok for a couple of days, then head south... should I go straight to Tonsai around the 4th? I can wait for you there?

smile

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone,
a few of us thinking bout heading to laos before new year.
One plan is to try and make it from Laos to Green Spirit for new years.... but that would mean me moving pretty quickly.....and I'm not so good at moving quickly smile

Whatever the case, south seems the direction we're headed. The last few nights have been really cold so which is quite convincing.

So south to GreenSpirit. Rainbows, Tonsai Beach, etc!

sunny

Look forward to seeeing ye newcomers soon!

hug

Ronan

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:
hey everyone, biggrin
I'm arriving on the 25th in BKK where I'll
stay for a day or two (need to buy stuff I didn't had time to)
Then I'm planning to head to the rainbow dirty old hippies stuff for 2/3 days
then go straight to Krabi for Green Spirit ubbloco
and end up in Tonsai
and back to BKK on the 9th to flight back
As I haven't check the bus/train timetables, this sounds pretty tight, and a bit too
full on for such a short holyday peace
So I have a B plan, which is:
Go straight to Krabi, spin, bounce spin, bounce2 spin bounce
and then to Tonsai beaches till the 8th
which is very likely the day when you'll all come round
So Hope I'll catch at least a few of us at Green spirit
grouphug

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
I like Plan B... it sounds a bit similar to my plan smile

See you there hug

PyrolificBRONZE Member
3,289 posts

Posted:
Hey All,

Well a small change of plans for us - we are heading to Ko Phan Ngan for nye and then are heading to Tonsai around the 4th or so - so if anyone is in the area we will be at Tonsai (unless we get bored - unlikely) til the 9th when we need to leave for Phuket to get our flight back to KL.

weavesmiley

--

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
Yes, changes of plans all around, possibly. I'm no longer sure if any of us are going to make the Green Spirit Festival. Rainbow Gathering is more likely.

Tonsai by the 8th, however, is set in stone and will not change!!!

Ooooh, I forgot how much decisions can get my knickers in a knot.

-nick

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Greetings to all this day.
I hope the un/seasonal cheer (depending on wether youre used to the heat at Xmas!) is finding people peacefull, or partyfull.
Love to one and all - seems like many people converging in 1 place for a Poi-consiousness expansion! Will citical mass be achieved, will Nick become the next Christ, or should I say Mohammad (he was the last one wasnt he - at least for the larger mind-zapping religions!), will all the Poi people from Europe and around the world land in Thailand!! will there be any room for the Thai's, will Rob ever bloody shut up this rant!!! (believe it or not I havent been drinking today.........much!!
Off to Woodford tomorrow, probably spending Xmas night on my own!! But my heart is with all of you HOP people around the world and hoping that the rest of this year brings much fun and next year much of everything you need
Peas

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
Wait! I take it back! I just bought my ticket to Kat Yai, and I'll hopefully show up at Green Spirit on the 30th.

So see a few of you there, yes?

I'll probably pop over to Tonsai after Green Spirit to reserver some bungalows, and then visit Rainbow if I have the energy smile

Anybody want to rent a boat with me to take us there?? ubbrollsmile

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:
wow wow,
seems like poiple are changing their mind thru pm and post ubbloco
me, I ve decided to head straight toward krabi tomorrow (to maximize my spinning time on sunny beaches),
and hit green spirit this weekend for newyear,
and then straight to Tonsai
which I ll leave on the 8th back to krabi/bkk on the 9th to fly back
so I hope we ll have time to spin together after newyear in Tonsai
grouphug

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
ubbloco bounce grouphug

wowowowowowowowow... that is sooooooooooooo exciting, I feel like wallace...

Due to BKK on Jan 8th (if Lankan Air confirms my ticket)
stay there for 2/3 days
then maybe Rainbow, but South Thailand for sure, maybe Phangan
back to Goa on Jan 28th

yiiiiiiiiiiiiiii @ all of you: I wish you THE MOST splendid time, all available ubblove that you can bear, enough ubbidea s to run your life and as much kiss es, as you can return

biggrin biggrin biggrin

See you on the other side wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
smile

Ok, so you're not going to be in thailand then Rob smile Have a great time in Oz instead.

I'm arriving in Bangkok at 12 noon on Jan 2nd.

(Can anyone remember how much a taxi from the airport to Bangkok is supposed to cost? I can't rolleyes)

I'm going to stay at a guesthouse near ko san for a couple of days (Argh... there's a nice one with air-con (rolleyes ubblol) on a road I can't remember. Dammit. Guess I'll just wander around for a while).

Heading down to Krabi/Tonsai til 8th/9th... then over to Koh Phan Ngan...

Have to be back in Bangkok on Jan 24th...

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Clare, new airport, so everything's messed up and they'll try to rip you off even more than usual as it seems they forgot to run any public transport to/from the airport! Including tolls I seem to recall about 200B. To get a taxi I used to go to departures and get one that was dropping somebody off, avoids the dodgy taxi stand guys. If you can grab 2 other backpackers all the better.

And this time last year Tonsai was almost full and rather expensive so if there's a load of you turning up at the same time it might be worth your while staying in Krabi overnight and get your own boat over first thing to grab the rooms as they come free. Or something... I did end up staying at a lovely place at the end of the path, surrounded by cliffs and the jungle and not a bar in earshot.

Have fun you lot!

PyrolificBRONZE Member
3,289 posts

Posted:
hey all, well after reading about the difficulty in getting accommodation in Tonsai (and it being expensive) Iwas wondering if anyone had any recommendations for cool places we could go that are in the area that might be able to deal with this number of spinners converging within a few days (that are also nice places)?

Josh

--

Page: ......