Page:
GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
ok search has been done on here and on google and i am still stuck.

The man who runs Nuneaton juggling club is talking about putting me in a street entertainment competition? All i have to do is a 10 minute spot entertaining the crowds, All the other entrants are singers or guitarists. thing is its next saturday and i have not done anything of this kind before.
i could probably run up a costume once i find a sewing machine off a friend but honestly at the minute i am just in shock.
I could swap toys, but all i do is staff and poi. cannot even bring the fire out and don't know much staff. its different when you are actually street entertaining as people generaly just walk by and either throw money or insults, but this is just standing there and letting them watch !!!!!!it doesn't make sense, i can spin at workshops, shows etc but the thought of this scares the censored out of me

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

squidBRONZE Member
sanguine
382 posts

Posted:
 Written by: faithinfire

Costumewise I thought rennaissance-y. I thought fairy but the wings might get in the way, but then again my btb stuff is limited so...but what i thought for now-jeans cause they are comfy, short mini petal skirt, corset or bodice, snood and flat cap. Wings, maybe? Make-up I thought maybe a little ethereal or I could have some facepainters do me up smile

Even if they dont need you, go in costume, just for fun. ....and wear all of it: tight jeans with the short mini over it, a corset, wings, and a touch of paint going from your temple to your collarbone.

rwar! ubbangel

"to a man whose only tool is a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail." Abraham Maslow

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
sigh, tis over and a great disappointment.

The heat was oppressive and the performers mostly less than stellar.

Next year, I'll rock the place

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

squidBRONZE Member
sanguine
382 posts

Posted:
On the positive side, I hope you found it...enlightening, as far as performing in public and what expectations you might find of your audience, employers, and yourself.

Maybe? smile

"to a man whose only tool is a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail." Abraham Maslow

3,556 posts

Posted:
not performing in public because it would be hard to call what they were doing performing biggrin
but I guess I learned about the last parts, maybe

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

squidBRONZE Member
sanguine
382 posts

Posted:
well then, at least you know what to avoid when performing so that you dont look like any of those jackanapes. wink

3,556 posts

Posted:
lol bounce stupid positive thinking. but yes, you are absolutely right...plus people know me in the neighborhood so it wouldn't be hard to work the crowd

Faith

squidBRONZE Member
sanguine
382 posts

Posted:
 Written by: faithinfire

lol bounce stupid positive thinking. but yes, you are absolutely right...plus people know me in the neighborhood so it wouldn't be hard to work the crowd

biggrin "stupid positive thinking." ubblol
That is me, through and through....uh...well.... minus the caffeine-deficit moments. ubbangel

ferrousBRONZE Member
55 posts

Posted:
just wanting to follow this thread. i'll do a search eventually & find out how to add it to my favourites without replying. ha! biggrin

when i grow up, i want to be a circus freak.

la_genieBRONZE Member
73 posts

Posted:
 Written by: GothFrogette

Well....... its done.
yes I did it a bit change of plan at the very last minute as I had to come with a quick routine to music and had about 45 min with the actual song frown but I went on did my thing, impressed the Mayoress and the people who watched. I am going to be the local papers too.

Please try to post the paper review we would all love to read it!!!! yeah for you weavesmiley
Genie

Be aware, the evil flowers may eat your toes....
Have no friends not equal to yourself...
Feed your mind, read a book

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
i missed the paper with the artical in frown thats what happens when you don't get the local papers i guess. And wow it was a long time ago, we even have a different mayor now frown Thank you though

facelesshadowGOLD Member
Wit is not your strong point!
142 posts

Posted:
Don't know if you want to go this far... but don't the local libraries keep records of each news paper? Sorry just a thought...

Beyond the Continuum.

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
they do ... i think. i have kept all the other things where i have been in the paper, would be cool to get that one too even if its just a photo copy.

Page: