Forums > Technical Discussion > aerotech balls & white socks = light poi!

Login/Join to Participate

borganiqueBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:
this must be on here somewhere but just in case it isn't; get your lightballs, get some white socks (cheap asda ones do me fine 99p for 5 pairs!) put balls in ends, tie knot, away you go with light poi, wehey.
o.k. lightballs aren't cheap, but if your a juggler too you get two things to play with. i've got 2 green and white ones and a blue and white one and they look amazing on medium strobe, the whole socks light up and leave lush green & white lines as well as circles.
the one colour ones are fine too, but not as pretty in my opinion.
they are quite heavy though, and tend to go to sleep occasionally but i'm sure theres a function to switch off sleep mode, just can't remember all them damn tap menus, or, as i do, you can just smack them into your body occasionally to switch them back on. rolleyes

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
Yeah, Vixen's done a similar thing with Aerotechs and stripey socks - looks awesome!

Hope you'll be bringing yours to Falmouth biggrin

borganiqueBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:
black and white stripy socks sounds good, i could set them to just white strobe too, yeah, i'll bring them along to fal, see ya there.

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
You should try 'em with hyperlights in the end wink

Cake or Death?

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
 Written by: *HyperLight

You should try 'em with hyperlights in the end wink

You should you know... its rather funky.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

milkajourneyman
89 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ethnobot

the one colour ones are fine too, but not as pretty in my opinion.

they are quite heavy though, and tend to go to sleep occasionally but i'm sure theres a function to switch off sleep mode

The timer on/off menu is 1.5.

Globalls are brighter than proballs.
EDITED_BY: milka (1155756331)

borganiqueBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:

Globalls are brighter than proballs.

really? i think they're duller, but the globalls are about 5 years older so they're probably losing it. there's some sort of superbrightness option on the proballs but i can't be arsed cos it means less play time. 1.5, thanks, i really need to printout that menus sheet again smile
looking forward to seeing your hyperlights at falmouth/gwithian, how much r u gonna b charging when you've made em?

milkajourneyman
89 posts

Posted:
I bought my proballs and globalls at the same time so I could compare the brightness of each. Two friends of mine also got globalls and proballs and the result is the same : globalls are (slightly) brighter. Even with the boost mode on (3-4 and 4-4), this doesn't change anything. We've never seen any difference between the boost and the normal mode (we've got 7 proballs put together). If this mode works on your proballs, you're lucky smile By the way my proballs are obviously duller now: I realized that when my friend received his first proballs so I could compare. Have a look here : mine is blue/green and his is red/green. I bought mine last 9 months ago, maybe I should not have juggled them when it was -2° outside, I've been told that cold was bad for battery :/