Forums > Technical Discussion > weighted handles for fire poi

Login/Join to Participate

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
hi everyone
i just made a pair of cathedral poi, now i need to make myself some weighted handles for them.
i've seen some posts about using wooden balls, but ive tried a pair of those at PLAY, and they're painful for wibbles, so i was thinking of buying some kevlar rope and making a knot at the top for weight.
so here are my questions:
1.how thick should i buy the rope?
2.how long should i buy if im making this knot and a loop

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
i made some weighted handles with mini monkeyfist. they work great for throws and wibbles.

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
please please please please please please please please please please please sage you know what to do

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
sage: how much wick did you use? will 3 ft per poi be enough?

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
well i use like a hemp rope and i don't know exactly how much was used. i started with probably 3-5 feet but there was some left over. it's hard to judge because i had to tighten the knot twice while making it. i am making some more (for pitman lol) and i will measure this time.

peggalicousmember
26 posts

Posted:
https://www.wincingdevil.com/mf.htm..
how to do a monkey knot if u need help

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Those are lush sage tree, been planning on making a set of fire poi like that for ages but just don't spin fire any more and travel a lot so it's hard to carry fire poi about.

Nice work tho.

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
thanks

gizmo was doing some sweet wibbles with them on fire last weekend. at night it looks like fire bouncing and dancing around. im posting a video in the near future with some fire wibbles so be on the lookout.

fire_fliesnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
isnt there anywhere you can buy these weighted handles im desperate for a set for my poi so i can start doing throws with fire....please help!!