Page: ...
mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
yay! A thread on Anti-Spin weaves!

So I was just thinking about them. Simian can probably think better about them, but I was bored so I posted this.

(I think) the default anti-spin weave is the anti-spinised equivalent of doing constantly translated isolations. ie: you're just isolating in one direction in front of you, doing the normal one bit iso, and constantly translating the staffs. (changing the ends that are 'together')

Sometimes my anti-spin weave has a few extra beats in it, as if you were folding the staffs under your arms in the 'non-anti-spin' version of the weave.

So after a comment by ben, I thought about the other obvious variations on anti-spinning isolations:

Anti-spinning the 'giant' staff created by the isolation. (very difficult, unless you have small sticks / huge arms.)

Anti-spinning just one of the staffs and getting the other to follow it. (Kinda weird feeling, not sure if it's visually effective yet.)

Moving the center of the isolation in a circle and anti-spinning on that.

Anti-spinning both of them and just having a quarter / half rotation of isolation in the 'middle' of the movement.

oh wait, I think the caffiene just ran out.

Questions: What about butterfly?

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
confused

more speed! less control wink

So where was the doubles or any anti-spin in that?

smile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
ubblol strugz, i dont think he knows the meaning of antispin..... just how to prance around and turbo spin.
spammer.

"This dark place planet Earth, orbits one star,
Come from afar, far away state of mind,
open up your third eye, black helicopters in the sky"

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
i thought it was quite an ok vid actually

smooth, good form, some interesting spinning.

but the spamming is bad form. Naughty firespinner! Don't do it again! Post in the videos forum rather than in a load of totally unrelated threads and we'll say much nicer things about your video smile

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

3,149 posts

Posted:
 Written by: sketch

turbo spin

hey, i thought he was speeding the video up. Was he really going that fast?! wow wink

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Ok following on from a question from Ben, a weekend session with MCP and the fact that i dont want to do any work at the moment........

What i called multiple beat butterfly anti spin..... (which after study actually isnt, but its still fun and a sweet ass move.

Normal butterfly antispin starting horizontal (thumbs outwards) , lifting your arms to "12 oclock" back of the hand leading, then to hoizontal, (thumbs inwards) at this point us the ends of the staff your thumb is pointing to to make the downward motion, the staffs pass eachother at 6 oclock, do a beat then your back to start position.

There is a fraction of the move where your going spin spin, rather than anti........ either way it flows really well and makes diamonds and circles....... lots of em smile

MCP has some footage of it - hassle her biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
alrighty, ive just read 8 pages of random geometrical links, aswell as staring at random doubles antispin patterns for extended periods of time.. now im gona run off and try em with poi tongue

cheers, pete hug kiss

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

imakokodemember
121 posts

Posted:
Fingerspins helps a lot for antispin mouvments, if you want to keep the figure, pentagon, exagon, whatever.. in front of you. But I'm sur Simian can find a contortion solution ubbloco
anyway, for doubles, making a penta or exagon "One beat shifted" , you need to turn on your self even with fingerspins to finish the whole cycle.
otherwise, you might cut one of your arm ... biggrin

Or ask Simian ubblol

I'm actually not really interested by butterfly antispin... you need a double transfert for that I guess.

It's really better when you can synchronise it with someone else: one staff each (or two but parallal shited wink ), so you take more visual space, it's easyer to do and it looks better. for me redface

PS : Shay... I just love your spin !! you're soooo good ubblol never see such clean double antispin. I try to learn how to read english ... do you?

>> all is full of love <<

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
 Written by: imakokode

I'm actually not really interested by butterfly antispin... you need a double transfert for that I guess.

Dude! how can you not be interested in a move that looks soooo ubblove

and i thought you had fine staff pattern taste! wink ubbangel

hope your well hug

imakokodemember
121 posts

Posted:
ok maybe I just can't do it properly, i need you to convince me wink show somthing tongue

>> all is full of love <<

3,149 posts

Posted:
 Written by: imakokode

show somthing

mcp's latest L.A.B vid:

antispin double butterfly behind the head = ubblove

and i picked it up really really quickly

i definitely didn't need to get shown it a bunch of times and have meg pull my arms around for ages to understand it. That didn't even slightly happen. ubbangel

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
no, nor did psi / mike from bristol pick it up way faster when you showed him how to do it. That didn't happen. Nor did I blatently nick the way meast teaches it from the calais video...I would never do such a thing.

[ I had to pull simians arms and legs around for ages... then take photos of him in funny positions... biggrin ]

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

3,149 posts

Posted:
ohhh, from Meast was it?

Goes to show why i refer to 'behind the head antispin' as 'french style' biggrin

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
no not that move, that's my move! mine! just the way of teaching the normal butterfly anti-spin. I'd been that move for ages, but the calais video made me reinterpret it... Which I used to teach it to some other dude at synergy.

biggrin

https://videos.tepookatoys.com/media/private/interface2.wmv
- 5mb

this is what LAB 6 is going to look like... but better...

confused

megnut

fix-ed

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
with overlays like that - lab 6 will kick some ass biggrin

i want to see your new super computer...... when can i stay at yours dammit - in time for lab 7? ! ubbangel

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

with overlays like that - lab 6 will kick some ass biggrin

There's a L.A.B 6??? Is that Poi in the Park?

Written by: strugz

when can i stay at yours dammit - in time for lab 7? ! ubbangel

rolleyes ubbrollsmile ubbangel

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblol

not yet dude but there will be............. no pip though i dont think.... ask the balding hippy smile

any how all this talk of Labs - im off to see Lab 4 again on friday, the last ever night of Slinky at the Opera House cool frown

smile

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Hopefully it will, I think this is the future:

LAB 5.6 - me n' simian. (normal lab)

LAB 6 - PIP

LAB 6.XV - Me with funky overlays...

Strugz / neon / people I know, you can visit me anytime you like... I might even get my flatmates to cook for you. We have two extra keen cooks in our house who compete over sunday roast... madness. and a couple of spare beds, plus a whole room for juggling / spinning in... biggrin

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Strugz? Slinky? umm

Cheers Meg hug (I love how people still refer to me as Neon and I still respond...)

I will bring a wooly mammoth with me to keep me warm...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Juxtaposeur

I love how people still refer to me as Neon and I still respond...

its called 'mutual denial'.

change it back.
change it back.
change it back.
change it back.
change it back.change it back.change it back.change it back.change it back!

ubbangel

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Sorry? Did you say something...? ubbangel

offtopic

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
yeah and who are these 'dunc' and '_claire_' people? Where did custom_bug and firepoise go? confused

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
firepoise?
isn't she furry purple nowdays? wink
but come on, changing from a nickname to your real name makes at least *some* sense.
changing from one seemingly random screenname to another makes me ignore posts that i would normally want to read frown
and worse, the name neondave no longer means anything - do you know how many dave's i know?!??!

i tried changing my avatar once.
that nearly got me an e-lynching.
so maybe i'm just jealous wink

and ubblol @ offtopic
this thread has been off topic since halfway down the first page!

i can't see the vid meg - what's an 'overlay'?
does it make your video less squishy to walk on, like the opposite of 'underlay' for carpets?

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
But why lose a name as cool as firepoise? Look it has poise in it and everything, and fire, and poi and like what could be better?

can you see this one cole: https://videos.tepookatoys.com/media/private/interface2.avi

your answer will tell me whether my conversion method to AVI's works or not... it should be either DivX or XVid encoded... one of the two.

You referenced this thread in another thread cole, I saw you! So it must be useful, if entirely off topic.

Anyway, this thread will be coming in handy for my video... biggrin

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
yay! im finally getting antispin staffness, with poi. its kinda tricky cos i can stop the poi heads, but im making progress. so far all i can do is this:
Non-Https Image Link

mmmmmmm, nerd poi smile

hug kiss

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Yay @ Pete hug

Re: My name - I liked the name Neon Shaolin but ever since watching Bender in action I've felt less deserving of the title since I don't actually know any martial arts.

Juxtaposeur was an old screenname which still fits me so i reverted to that...

Should I do something as spineless as conducting a poll to see if I should change it back...? biggrin

Vote 'Yes', 'No' or 'Couldn't give a monkey a sore arse'

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i obviously vote 'yes' for what its worth dave (so far, as i'm the only one to vote, i win!) wink

ah, i should have actually said "i can't download form tepooka's server when at work" redface

sorry meg - i'll try downloading both tonight and will let ya know how the avi looks hug

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Actually this Poll is just for the purpose of deciding whether or not I should have a Poll to determine the fate of my moniker... tongue

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
 Written by: pineapple pete

yay! im finally getting antispin staffness, with poi. its kinda tricky cos i can stop the poi heads, but im making progress. so far all i can do is this:
Non-Https Image Link

mmmmmmm, nerd poi smile

hug kiss

is your poi head following the path of one of the staff wicks (i.e. a 'linear isolation') or is it doing the 'points' in a north-east-south-west order...?

if you haven't already, you should read the stuff we're discussing [Old link]?

hug

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
is that a blocked server issue, a can't download things while at work issue, or a I should be doing work while at work issue?

Cos I could put it up on gogoogogogogogle?

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
"a I should be doing work while at work issue"

ubblol ubblol ubblol

ahem.
no, its not that one wink

tis a blocked server issue.

i can see goooooooogle vid-yos and u-toob though.

which is nice smile

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Page: ...