Page:
CJ_ChucklesBRONZE Member
39 posts

Posted:
ubbloco
I’ve just become a member of home-of-poi and just fancied a chat with sum Fellow Nunchuckers I started practising Nunchucks around about year 11. This year will be my fourth year. I enjoy using fire Nunchucks a lot lol that’s always fun & I love WIRE WOOL!

Is there any one that can do double fire Nunchucks
cool

We must stop the destruction of the planet, We need trees, not fac-trees.Otherwise the creatures of this earth will take back what is rightfully theirs.

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Robnunchucks can...but then from what I've seen he can do most things!! biggrin rolleyes

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
Yeah... seeing him with bungee-chucks on kangaboots at Play was a pretty cool sight to behold!

CJ_ChucklesBRONZE Member
39 posts

Posted:
Yeah i was @ play! (its so gd!) the bungge's R really smart 2.

R u guys goin 2 falmouth? of the bristol juggling convention?

We must stop the destruction of the planet, We need trees, not fac-trees.Otherwise the creatures of this earth will take back what is rightfully theirs.

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
Hi CJ!

Yeah I'm going to Falmouth (and Maus organises it so she should be there!), and hoping I might make it to BJC for the Saturday. Wish I could go for longer but I have work frown

I don't actually do nunchucks at all but I know someone who is going to Falmouth who's pretty sharp with them. Are you all nunchucks or part other stuff like poi, juggling, staff etc?

CJ_ChucklesBRONZE Member
39 posts

Posted:
Kool well i'll c ya @ falmouth them!

I am pretty much all nunchucks, i use double sai as well but i only know a couple of moves.

i do like to play with poi & a staff, tho im rubbish lol!

Wat sort of stuff R u into?

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
As this thread is called 'nunchucks tricks', it probably shouldn't get hijacked for other stuff - but instead the conversation could continue in my [Old link]... smile

havocangelmember
53 posts

Posted:
I'm not quite good enough to do 2 with fire, but I'm working on it.

CJ_ChucklesBRONZE Member
39 posts

Posted:
How long have you been using chucks? Have u got in2 wrist flips?

Invader XanSILVER Member
Your friendly neighbourhood mad scientist
479 posts

Posted:
Wrist flips rock. Can't help but look smooth...
The thing that always amazes me about nunchaku is how fast you can spin 'em!

I made my own set to learn on. Need to find a dojo or something tho...

"Love the art in yourself and not yourself in the art."
--Konstantin Stanislavisky

CJ_ChucklesBRONZE Member
39 posts

Posted:
yeah wrist flips rock, i cant help but do them all the time. lol. home made chucks are much better to learn on, u just have to remember to supper glue the screw eyes in, otherwise 1 half the chuck cud go flying off. lol & most of the time hit sum1 lol how long have u been practising??

Fishtankalphanewbie
5 posts

Posted:
I saw this dude with modified nunchaku. They had long chains (not ropes), and they were metal. He was doing double neck wraps.
Jeeze, I wonder if he is a member.... It was down in San Fran.

CJ_ChucklesBRONZE Member
39 posts

Posted:
Thats pretty crazzy! i can do it with one pair nuns, but it hurts after a while. the chain pushes right into ur throat.

MJMnewbie
6 posts

Posted:
You guys ever seen LED chucks??

I also use Glow stix at the end of 2 chucks...

CJ_ChucklesBRONZE Member
39 posts

Posted:
yeah my friend had a set, but he cracked one of them. lol ops.
I some times put glow stick on the end of my chucks, but i have a pair glow chucks that u put the phat glow stick inside of, which loook.. pretty kool

MJMnewbie
6 posts

Posted:
 Written by: CJ_Chuckles

yeah my friend had a set, but he cracked one of them. lol ops.
I some times put glow stick on the end of my chucks, but i have a pair glow chucks that u put the phat glow stick inside of, which loook.. pretty kool

actually I was referring to another type of L.E D.'s

This is what i was referring to..

Non-Https Image Link

CJ_ChucklesBRONZE Member
39 posts

Posted:
o kool never seen anything like that before, V nice. wat are they like to use?

MJMnewbie
6 posts

Posted:
 Written by: CJ_Chuckles

o kool never seen anything like that before, V nice. wat are they like to use?

Very smooth on the twirls.. I'm not sure what the technical names would be.. One of the things I can't do is wrist rolls (ck correct name) but i get creative with my lightshows...

Here's a pic of what they look like in action.

Non-Https Image Link

EDITED_BY: MJM (1156202712)

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
strangely the most impressive nunchuku guy I've seen other than rob, was at play, and was called......

C.J.

!

I took a great pic of him as he finished off a dual chuck wire wool spin.

I've got some vid of him spinning dual glowies i need to get up somewhere soon too.

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
oh as for sai, u can't get better than shureido stainless steel.

for learning , youtube has quite a few spinny vids, fun, but useless for combat obviously, only prob is they're almost all too blury to figure out whats actually being done.

only thing I've not really figured out is the sai infinite spin thing (not the just loop fingers round one side prong cheep version, thats obvious and doesn't look as good)
EDITED_BY: Yakumo (1156397289)

Twisthem488member
187 posts

Posted:
Here is the video I learned everything from.

Im a Thespian, But I'll Act Normal Around You Guys

CJ_ChucklesBRONZE Member
39 posts

Posted:
Hey Yakumo Its CJ from play! ive been looking 4 sum 1 with a pic of that night. love it. Are u goin down to falmouth?

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
Yeah I am going to fal smile

I dunno why I didn't think it was you, I think I misunderstood your first post and thought you were looking to learn dual & fire stuff, lol.

I've played a bit more with chuks again last weekend, started getting some dual stuff working with both doing wrist wraps, I still don't get how you manage to make them look to be moving so damn fast, I think it's going to take me years smile

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6305250427332741792&hl=en

its you!

biggrin

CJ_ChucklesBRONZE Member
39 posts

Posted:
lol, i look stupid lol, o well. falmouths not too far away ill c ya soon ya bro!

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
noticed your posture was much better at fal6 (straight back) would have made a much better vid, shame the sand had buggered my camera frown

_Chris_GOLD Member
93 posts

Posted:
Hay!! Play rocked! i was there with my converted wooden fire nunchucks! i was well chuffed at play to see other chuckers, you guyz rock. ive since started doing doubles since play but yet to do double fire.

Did you see Robs UberChucks that were two feet long half coverd with wick! they were so heavy but looked awsome!

Order and pyromancie as one, controlling chaos.
4 8 15 16 23 42

jaeroSILVER Member
your new best enemy
246 posts

Posted:
I've been using nunchucks for a while, and I was working on double chucks. unfortunately, I lost accessibillity to on of the pairs. so, I started to just use one pair of chucks and one of my poi. it looks cool, but it's hard as hell. just like with doubles, you can only use one hand with the chucks. but instead of keeping your hands working together, you have to keep them working apart since you've got 2 different apparatus' in your hands. it's cool, with 3 balls of fire. I've also considered using one chuck and a short staff together for 4 balls of flame.

I'll get there too late if I shorten my stride, I'll get there too soon if I find me a ride, I'll never move forward if I try to hide this path that I've troden one step at a time.

_KcGOLD Member
5 posts

Posted:
Hi Cj
Heres a clip I took of You & Rob at the Play Festival. with 2 sets of fire nunchaku

Kc

robnunchucksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
cool clip thanks Kc and i know what you meen jaero i've been trying to do nunchucks and staff for a while now its well tricky i keep expecting the staff to bend when im doing it smile

My nunchucks vital statictics biggrin

weight: 500g
handle lenght: 16 inches
chain length: 2 inches

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
nice clip, and the links on the right ended up with me watching :

That I thinks probably the best tut vid i've seen for anyone starting out.

Page: