Page:
MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ok, somehow in the last three weeks, I have seen someone call NYC "Doc" and me "NYC" at least four times in total. I will not name names and these were not all the work of a single person.

Allow me to point out some differences:

Me: Pediatrician NYC: High school science teacher

Under 30 Over 30 (sorry, dude wink)

Gay Not even remotely gay

Jewish Italian-and-something-or-other

Handsome um...oh...crap...did I say that? ;-)

Now we are both short geeky guys with short, dark hair who speak in American accents and love kids and science. I'll give you that much. And sometimes we get confused in person and that's understandable.

But come ON, people, our avatars don't even look that similar! I love NYC dearly with all my heart and soul and he's a fantastic guy (although I'll deny it if he ever asks), but we are not the same person.

Ok, rant over. I'm not really angry and more darkly amused but I felt it had to be pointed out. confused hug

EDITED_BY: Doc Lightning (1149877212)

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
Sorry Lightning, I knew about the Michigan part of it but for reason I just connect you up with Chicago ... me bad. redface

NYC, you have just made me dizzy.

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
 Written by: NYC

Quick American Geography Lesson:

California - [Fly over states] - New York

That's all you need to know. wink

Plus, you can easily tell the difference between us because Lightning went to COLLEGE in Palo Alto California, whereas I went to HIGH SCHOOL across the street in Palo Alto California but I actually left high school before he ever got to college so we weren't there at the same time and we never met in the midwest despite the fact that my mom lives there (and so does his I'd guess) even though the midwest is actually on the eastern half of the country but west of where we both are now despite the fact that I live on an island south of where he lives but he works south of where I work even though he works and lives generally in the same place (but we both drive to work which is rare for New Yorkers) and he works with kids and I work with kids but he works with only a few young kids whereas I work with larger groups of older kids because he's a doctor though I'm engaged to someone Scottish with a London accent who lives in Scotland but who's Scottish mother lives in London who will be a doctor and is the daughter of a pediatrician which is what Lightning does for a living which makes him completely irresistable to women which is ironic because he's not hispanic even though he lives in the Bronx and speaks Spanish and swims but was not the sponsor of the surf team which is what I did when I started teaching in Los Angeles which is a city that I don't think Lightning lived in which reminds me that despite the fact that I've lived in San Fransisco and The Village in New York I'm the straight one.

NYC, you realize I live in Spanish Harlem now, right?

-Mike

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Gidg

NYC, you have just made me dizzy.

That happens when he forgets to bathe... wink

-Mike

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Doc Lightning

Quick American Geography Lesson:

California - [Fly over states] - New York

That's all you need to know. wink

Plus, you can easily tell the difference between us because Lightning went to COLLEGE in Palo Alto California, whereas I went to HIGH SCHOOL across the street in Palo Alto California but I actually left high school before he ever got to college so we weren't there at the same time and we never met in the midwest despite the fact that my mom lives there (and so does his I'd guess) even though the midwest is actually on the eastern half of the country but west of where we both are now despite the fact that I live on an island south of where he lives but he works south of where I work even though he works and lives generally in the same place (but we both drive to work which is rare for New Yorkers) and he works with kids and I work with kids but he works with only a few young kids whereas I work with larger groups of older kids because he's a doctor though I'm engaged to someone Scottish with a London accent who lives in Scotland but who's Scottish mother lives in London who will be a doctor and is the daughter of a pediatrician which is what Lightning does for a living which makes him completely irresistable to women which is ironic because he's not hispanic even though he lives in the Bronx and speaks Spanish and swims but was not the sponsor of the surf team which is what I did when I started teaching in Los Angeles which is a city that I don't think Lightning lived in which reminds me that despite the fact that I've lived in San Fransisco and The Village in New York I'm the straight one.

NYC, you realize I live in Spanish Harlem now, right?

You live in spain now?

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Damn, Lightning beat me too it. But He still lives north of you, even if on the same island.

That was pretty fun to read actually.

Viva la difference.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
No, Spanish HARLEM. That's above the upper east side of manhattan.

Look it up on a map...

-Mike

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Still no pics from NYC Doc... wink

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I've got a not so good one of him I'll give you if he doesn't submit one. It has humor value because there is a gummi worm involved tongue

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
send it!

I already have a few of Mike that he sent me

(they were dodgy enough to scare him when I wrote back asking if they were taken in his office causing him to panic thinking he sent them to someone 'higher up' by mistake...)

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I will when I get home from work, its on my computer tongue

(4.5 hours till the weekend starts!!)

..I have a sort of weird schedule.

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
We're waiting, Kyri...

-Mike

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
oops.... er... damn, *writes on hand*

(Yeah, I'm at work again... give me a break, i've been sick).

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I wanna see pictures of mike *sulk*

Speaking of photos my mum found this awful one of the both of us before we lost weight at my nephews christening - I was Cartman fat, she was Ricky Lake fat, it put me off eating for two days

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:

Look it up on a map...

You would totally be Latino if you could. Frankly, I think that's the only thing that would make you hotter. wink

Oh nice. I drive through your neighborhood screaming curses at 7 in the morning looking for the madison avenue bridge whenever there is an accident on the FDR drive. I'll give a shout out the next time I do.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:

Look it up on a map...

Were not middle class enough to own an atlas - We learn everything we need of the back of a happy meal box - Oh looks theres a macdonalds at the end of this dotted line, and Ronnald too!

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Everytime I read I read "Spanish Harlem" I get the song Maria, Maria by Santana stuck in my head, then I go to work and play it and people get annoyed with me for playing funny music tongue

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:

Oh nice. I drive through your neighborhood screaming curses at 7 in the morning looking for the madison avenue bridge whenever there is an accident on the FDR drive. I'll give a shout out the next time I do.

PM me and I'll teach you to curse in the local language... biggrin
EDITED_BY: Doc Lightning (1150689193)

-Mike

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
how come work gets annoyed when u play funny music, yet when i play whatever im in the mood for, its ok? which includes all the van morrison i played in a row yesterday tongue

cheers, pete hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Emma teases me and calls me a hippy when I get in moods and put on Franti, Marley, Santana, Harper etc. frown

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
That's when you play the old "Oh, I SEE, I GUESS I'M ONLY ALLOWED TO PLAY WHITE PEOPLE..." schtick.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
hehe, i put all of them on yesterday, as well as deeelite, 3 times.

back on topic, ive never confused the two of you. i know well and good if i want help with some science, to ask doc, and if i want some med advice, nyc's my man.

wink

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Pete, que eres un hijo de puta, ¿sabes?

-Mike

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Mike, I think I understand half of that!!!

*happy dance*

hang on..that was mean tho! ubblol
EDITED_BY: Rouge Dragon (1150691480)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I've just found out why people get confused between Lightning and NYC -

Non-Https Image Link

BECAUSE THEY'RE TWO CREATURES IN ONE BODY!!!!

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
That is a worrying picture! I don't think I realized either of them had brown eyes....

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Kyri, what color eyes did you think I had? Anyway, I never notice eye color, either.

And Shaolin, EEEEEEEEEEEEK!

-Mike

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
eek

I almost feel I need to run back home and check it isn't true!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Molly... you have catch him unawares.... Otherwise he'll never show his true face if he knows you're there...

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
That doesn't make me feel any better!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Another way of telling us apart... if he's topless, it's Mike.... trying to show off his hot chest. If he must be wearing a shirt, it will be tight to show off his chest.

Baggy shirt/jeans: NYC
Muscle Bound Tight Shirt/No shirt: Lightning

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Page: