Forums > Social Chat > What the hell do i name my kitten?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
KTmember
54 posts

Posted:
I have a nameless kitten (he's so bloody adorable, hes black with a wee white tip on his tail)Help i need a name, whats a kitten without a name, poor wee thing he has no identity!So, any ideas? what would i do without u guys? smile PeaceKT

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
geek names;matrixswitchpixelunixneotwainscsi (scuzzi)

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
how about devils advocatesimos WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN FOR THE LAST, EM, LONG TIME? Nice to have you back bropeace outgarbo tongue

be excellent to each other: safe:

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
My cats are called c-for (as in a-for apple, b-for balloon & c-for cat!) & tea-bag. Tea-bag has just given us 5 lovely black & white kittens who we have nick-named jerry, charlie, smudge, dave & the smallest is called hercules so he has a strong name to live up to. They are 2 weeks old aaahh smileIf you want to give your cat a magical cat name there is a book called *cat magic* that has some great cat names in it ( i found the book after i named my cats, can you tell?).I have 2 dogs one called Grufty and one called Sunshine. The funniest cat name i ever heard was cookin fat (swap the first letters round grin)I don't suppose this is much help but i thought i'd share.Good luck KT in finding a name for you kitten.Onelove, Thistlefirepixie smile[This message has been edited by Thistle (edited 03 May 2001).]

Are we nearly there yet?

tekknogurrlBRONZE Member
90 posts

Posted:
some other animal names i'm fond of:JinglesBeavisMadonnaSparklesWinnie (Winifred)VictoriaCleoCATraPersephonePenelope (Penny for short)VenusMichelangeloGigiLizzyTabithaSabrinaJoyRobinPuckSammyIsabel

~K~No matter what you do, one billion Chinese won't care.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Ok OK OK Ive GOT IT!!!! everyone can stop giving names cause i have the perfect name for the cat!!!!!!!Superkitty...huh..yeah you know you like it... grin grinHow about Kit Kat..after the candy bar?Or just wait for it to do something stupid then name it after what ever it just did...Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
tipper, meier, meowable, miriad, randolph, winston (did someone say that already?), calvin, maestro, seamus, sean, edinburgh, ralph, hosana, winsome, loose, Tulouse (sp?), random, ramble, lampoon, rasputin, lincoln, hoover, luscious, friendly, lucas, syllable, mush mush, kabob, driver, any name of a power tool, piglet, stomper, romper, roo roo, loo loo, napster, rocket, lion, lionesses, tigre, harvest, lu lu, lamba, iamba, iambic pentameter, ian, self, rib cage, spinal column, any part of the anatomy, sign, signet, singerly, fisher, samuel, albert, apalachacola (sp?), hydrant, hydra, left foot, sabbath, salem, jerusalem, hambly, hamster, any bird or rodent name, mac, max, nimrod (I know someone else said that), lemuel, theodore, nathan, ignacious, ivander, salamander, roosevelt, nimble, archangel, spyder, nano, nanoo, iota, lambert, granola, hai, lesson, pooh bear, Thank, KT, this has been so fun.Diana

mischivixmember
15 posts

Posted:
seefu (can spell it cany way you like!) but as in c for cat :P

SupaflyBRONZE Member
TNT
173 posts

Posted:
How 'bout Roadkill, Splat, Jinx, Supa (for black cat superstition), Midnight, Blacky, White Spot, or Shadow.

Fear the evil monkey!

KTmember
54 posts

Posted:
you guys are hilarious thanks i'll tell you wot i call the little bugger when i figure it all out!hehepeaceKT

KTmember
54 posts

Posted:
i could be really boring and call him Maxsin, Max 4 short, but i want something original that no one else has, was going to call him bud, but thats to much of a dog name smile

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
I am quite a fan of breaking out the big book of mythology for names, i have a guinea pig named xanthus but i call her pig or guinea, and the catfish in the tank is named ceberus (was too lazy to name all the other fish, i just call them fish). my mice are named in japanese...current one is nazumi (rice) previous was shitake (mushroom) kaminari (lightning) and Ushi (cow)actually, the full name of ushi was maori/japanese Korora Ushi, little penguin cow smile and my black mouse is Pango (black) in maori but i call them both hey mice, anyhow.ushi was my favorite all time pet name but i still call everybody by what they are. Peregrine

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
DOG!! wink

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I like the artherian tales names....LancelotMerlin (this was my iguana)GuineviereMorgannaGawainIsoldTristanVivian UtherArther etc....I also had another lizard named Gandolf so from that you could name it any of the Hobbit names...though I am partial to Frodo or Bilbo, or for a girl Arwyn (that's my friends daughter)I also had/have snakes (Boa's...btw I love reptiles...explains my luck with men!!! grin) whose names are Shiva and Medusa...gives them that power trip I think.What about Baste? Egyptian goddess of Cats, and other things!! smile ------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Twistmember
160 posts

Posted:
heheheh....how about "Consensus..."since one cannot be reached on the name.

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
HAHA i think we now know what the next HOP poll should be grin name KT's cat - KT can choose the top 6 names or something and Malcolm can then start the poll... ;-) (ok ok it was a bad joke!)hey garbo - how's everything? i am in the middle of exams (and not doing so well so far!) so that's why you don't see much of me anymore...i'll be back though :-) and i'll definitely get in touch before i come to london so that we can arrange a poi get-together :-)happy swinging,Simos

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
Yeah man, my exams finish on 15th june.good luck with yours and cool give me a shout and we can meet up for a mad session of spinningnice to hear from you bropeace outgarbo tongue

be excellent to each other: safe:

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
hows about calling it after my cat that died recently (fucking dogs!!!)"mow" why not ask the cat what it wants to be called and i bet it will tell you "mow"and i like the name "go away"...

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
what about rover, pooch or growler.

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
CAINED AND UNABLE......???? grin

Page: