TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
Its been twitching for two hours know, i feel like bashing it in to stop it! any one know a way i can stop it without slicing it off? grrrrr *twitch twitch* lol

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Sleep?

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
I agree with ed, the most common symptoms of twitching eyelid is either stress or tiredness

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
hey Tink I get that sometimes too, its weird. Mine is a after-effect from when I was fighting in 'Nam, you weren't there though man, you dont know.
It'll pass, but it's stress, so chill baby, put your feet up and re-e-e-e-e-lax. oh yeah wink

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
POKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

no really.........i'm sure it'll stop twitching. either that or maybe you need to just need to flip out like a ninja.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
You don't have to cut it off, just threaten it with being cut off it'll soon get in line and stop dancing all over your eye.

Let's relight this forum ubblove

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
When my eye use to twitch it was cause of a lot of problems where getting to me and stressing me out .
So are you okay ?. confused

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Puk

When my eye use to twitch it was cause of a lot of problems where getting to me and stressing me out .

same here, puk... when it happens to me (every now and then, all my life)... I've always got "something going on in my life causing stress"...

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Argh! I hate when my eyelid twitches it's so irritating! It's worse then papercuts! Eww...*shudder*

*twitches just thinking about it*

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Yeah, i used to get it too when i was stressing out or someting was wrong (it was almost like a bad omen for me)

maybe you need to try and chill out.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I had that problem about ayear ago, it would twitch for about an hour, stop then start again another couple of hours....I tried to find something to fix it after a couple of days of it driving me up the wall.

Sleep is a good option but if it is stress that is causing it there is nothing you can do but try to relax and get the stress out of your life.

I can totally sympathise with you how totally nuts it makes you feel...

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Puk

Yes I'm stressed! I got alot of things going on at the moment and I'm multitasking all the time - not to mention I've not had a full night's sleep since I was in the early stages of pregnancy (autumn 2004) and the baby who's now 13months old still wakes for milk at night. Last night was horrible, within 4 hours she woke every 45 minutes! And she thought it was time to play at the following times - 2:30am, 4:00am, 6:00am, 7:00am... frown

Oh and MY BLOODY EYE IS STILL TWITCHING DAMMIT! it aint stopped at all! aaaaargh!

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
hmmm.. my eye does that all the time too, but mine's because it's weaker than the other one and gets tired without me actually feeling tired... so if it carries on, maybe you need to see an optician, especially if it does it more often say in front of the computer or whatever, which mine does...

i quite like it though, it's irritating, yes, but also feels quite funny biggrin

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
or maybe your conjoined twin is in there

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

RhysmaSILVER Member
8 posts

Posted:
My eye often twiches when I have been staring at the screen too long. I have found that the special computer eye drops help it some.

Also, eye twiches have been linked to sensitive nerves in your face due to cavities in your teeth, so you might want to go see your dentist if it persists.

Just because your tattoo has Chinese characters in it doesn't make you spiritual. It translates to beef with broccoli. The last time you did anything spiritual, you were praying to God you weren't pregnant. You're not spiritual. You're just high.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
i can make the upper check muscle below my eye on my left side twitch at will - its amusing to pretend to be stressed and harassed when talking to someone then start my twitching the muscle.

but it always behaves and never does it by itself smile

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Rhysma

Also, eye twiches have been linked to sensitive nerves in your face due to cavities in your teeth, so you might want to go see your dentist if it persists.

I've had cavities for years, been having treatment for the past few months now. its only just started.

Yes its still twitching - it doesn't when my eyes are closed though confused

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
i say cut them off, eyelids, ppppppffffffft! who needs em!

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
I have a few solutions to your seriously troubling problem, Tink.
My advice is to take a leaf out of Gabrielle's book.
Try a lovely eyepatch:

Non-Https Image Link

sporting a hat at a jaunty angle:

Non-Https Image Link

a giant pair of shades:

Non-Https Image Link

or even an emo style fringe:

Non-Https Image Link

the choice is yours! biggrin

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
*falls off her chair laughing* ubblol

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
You know what cured me was a reiki sesson and just realised i can do it and got rid of some BIG PROBLEMS !.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
hang on...

The first two pics of Gabrielle are covering her right eye, the third one is covering both eyes, and the last one is covering her left eye...

So, the problem she had with her right eye seemed to jump from one eye to the other...

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
true, well spotted, maybe it was all a ploy.... or maybe someone reversed the photo, and thought it wouldn't matter, in which case, d'oh!... smile

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
Not the best place to offer supplement advice, so if you have a local natural pharmacy go there and have a chat with someone in person.

That said, nutritionally, general things to consider are a good capsule form of B- complex vitamin, and the tissue salt Magnesium Phosphate. Both are used to treat twitchy eyelids due to nervous stress. Of course ,rule out any major illness first by seeing a doctor, and get someone who is qualified to suggest a safe appropriate dose for your needs/body size etc etc , but in general these two remedies are a very safe effective way to stop and prevent those irritating twitches!

General stress management, healthy diet ,exercise and all that good stuff are of course, the foundation of prevention...

Good luck!

ps- the fringe over the eye thing, cant recommend it--back in the 80's I had one of those for about a year, and it actually was messing with my eyesight so my eye doctor made me cut my hair!lol

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I love it when my eye lids twitch, and when my lips twitch, and when im just about to sneeze but dont...ahhhh smile

Written by:

hang on...

The first two pics of Gabrielle are covering her right eye, the third one is covering both eyes, and the last one is covering her left eye...

So, the problem she had with her right eye seemed to jump from one eye to the other...

Well she would look a little silly if she snapped her glasses in two and only wore one half on the right eye. And the last picture she is in a bathroom and looking into a mirror, you can tell by the tiles.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
 Written by: jo_rhymes

Mine is a after-effect from when I was fighting in 'Nam, you weren't there though man, you dont know.

word

ubblol

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
I had that problem really bad once. For about a month solid my eye would twich. I tried averything I could think of but nothing worked.I changed my sleeping patterns and diet, nothing helped, it was driving me insane. Then one day it just stopped...

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
ARGH! bloody hell!! I've had a twitchy eyelid for days now! it's really doing my head in!!!! frown

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
Mine actually stopped after 3 weeks!!!

mikecainstranger
1 post

Posted:
It's actually called Blepharospasm which is a symptom of involuntary and uncontrollable movements in the muscles around a person's eyes which in turn make them appear like 'blinking non-stop' to other people.

In certain cases, this may be caused by myasthenia (muscular weakness) in the eyes organ as a result of stresses, overstraining of the eyes, lacks of sleeps, the serious lacks of certain nutrients / minerals to support the normal functionings / movements of your eyelid muscles etc.

Next, in the case whereby no stress, any kinds of infections, overstraining of the eyes etc are involved whilst the eyelids and the entire organs just look superficially normal and ok, and at the same time, the eyelid-twitching / eye-blinking just get 'unexplainedly' from bad to worse from time to time, such medical scenarios could actually be caused by other neuromuscular disorders which are much more complicated.

And in terms of such neuromuscular disorders, they may arise as a neurological / Tardive Dyskinesia side effect of certain medications, especially the powerful mind-altering tranquilizers of antipsychotics / neuroleptics, particularly when such medications are over-relied on to the point of sheer abuse.

In such a connection, please consider the following excerpts : -

"Tardive dyskinesia is a variety of dyskinesia (involuntary, repetitive movements) manifesting as a side effect of long-term or high-dose use of dopamine antagonists, usually antipsychotics. Other dopamine antagonists that can cause tardive dyskinesia are drugs for gastrointestinal disorders (e.g. metoclopramide) and neurological disorders. While newer atypical antipsychotics such as olanzapine and risperidone appear to have less dystonic effects, only clozapine has been shown to have a lower risk of tardive dyskinesia than older antipsychotics"

"Tardive dyskinesia is characterized by repetitive, involuntary, purposeless movements.
Features of the disorder may include grimacing, tongue protrusion, lip smacking, puckering and pursing of the lips, and rapid eye blinking. Rapid movements of the extremities may also occur. Impaired movements of the fingers may also appear. For comparison, patients with Parkinson's disease have difficulty moving, while patients with tardive dyskinesia have difficulty not moving."

quoted from :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardive_dyskinesia

Related References :

https://www.bettervisionforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2

EDITED_BY: mikecain (1251802317)