Page:
CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
hello beautiful people

I was reading this poem to NYC a few hours ago on the phone and I thought maybe some of you would like to hear it too...
I am thinking that especially because I received a message from someone today telling me she did not feel happy with her figure and I so wish she knew how I think she is physically gorgeous, but on top of that I think she is one of those people who can fly ...

Title says it is about women but personnaly, if i had the talent and words, would have written just the same about men...

Writing down the original text first so that spanish peakers can enjoy the original version AND also maybe help me out with my clumsy translation (only 1 month 1/2 of spanish in guate my friends... bear with me )

"no se me importa un pito que las mujeres tengas los senos como magnolias o como paras de higo ; un cutis de durazno o de papel de lija. le doy una importancia igual a cero, al hecho de que amanezcan con un aliento afrodisiaco o con un aliento insecticida.
Soy perfectamente capaz de suportarles una nariz que sacaria el primer premio en una exposicino de zanahorias ; ! pero si ! - y en esto soy irreductible - no les perdono, bajo ningun pretexto, que no sepan volar. Si no saben volar ! pierden el tiempo las que pretendan sedurcirme !"

free translation any help / improvement welcome :

I could not care less if women have breasts like magnolias or like dried figs, the complexion of a peach or that of sand paper, I think the importance of the fact that their breath conveys an aphrodisiac scent or smell of pesticide is equal to zero.
i could absolute;y bear a nose that would win the first prize in a Carrot contest. BUT - and in this I am irreductible (?) I will not forgive them under any circumstances if they say they cannot fly. If they cannot fly they are losing their time trying to seduce me

Antologia from Oliverio GIRONDO, argentinian writer

Shine on
Cassandra

[ 15. January 2003, 05:41: Message edited by: Cassandra ]

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Lol, SaBBas!!!! Thx.

hopefully, danae, i will soon know enough spanish to read your second poem. (gimmie a few months )

[ 20. January 2003, 08:58: Message edited by: Kyrian ]

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

jaidendawnmember
38 posts

Posted:
There is a wonderful old movie...Between a Londoner and an American:
"I think the greatest (trouble, problem) beteen our two countries is the bond of a common language."

I'm not exactly sure of the quote. And don't feel like putting the movie in the VCR to check it.
Still...All aside, anyone could say a number of things that will, unknowingly, offend another. That is why the spirit of love and acceptance I find on HOP is so lovely!
For all of the high flyers out there. Happy day to you...in any language.

~~Every Object, Every Being, Is A Jar Full Of Delight...~~

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Beautiful words Cass

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

SaBBaSenthusiast
215 posts

Posted:
hey kyrie
i think your teacher is wrong, if i remember right, the basque country was the only part of spain that wasn't taken by the romans (a woman???no, a ROMAN), so it should be the least latin like language i'm not sure if i'm making this up, but i think i heard something like that, and it didn't sound like the voices in my head... anyway, what i DO know is that it has not one thing in common with the latin i learned, i know i didn't learn it really well, but its still too far away from latin to have anything to do with it. so now you can rub it in his face, or if he's a good teacher, just tell him

P.S.: here is a bit of basque i've found, with its translation... can't guarantee that it's all rght, i've just looked at the different versions of the page, and translated the english part myself...

Basque:
UPV/EHUk informazioa eskainiko die unibertsitate aurreko ikasleei hiru campusetako Orientaziorako Jardunaldietan

Spanish:
La UPV/EHU abrirá aulas de estudio los fines de semana en el periodo de exámenes

English:
The UPV/EHU will open studying classrooms the weekends in exam period (translation?)

Don't you destroy your enemy by making him your friend?? - Rev Bem (Magog), Andromeda

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
it looks like a smattering of germanic and latin language, seems like an interesting one to learn. My neighbour is Basque so maybe he can teach me how to speak the language

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Danae - you are wonderful and I believe you and many other people can fly to heights with no limits but that of their imagination.

I'm sorry we don't keep in touch any more - but the posts like these remind me that you're still shining your light on the world and I think I can get bits of it through my window at sunrise from wherever you may be.

With love and light and fairy fluff from a friend I hope you won't forget xxxxx

btw - Cantus and I can fly. I am sure my feet don't even touch the ground when we're together for he makes my heart lighter than air - and I know that he would quite happily sail amongst the stars with me.

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
sail amongst the stars and more my befluffied Napalm one.

(Let's bind the moon in silken strands) I whisper lest she hears our plans. Let's hide the stars and steal the sun. Or dance through clouds, (or skip. Or run).
Or stand on sidewalks in the rain and make others think that we're insane. Let's do these things because we ought live out our dreams or else we're nought.

Meh

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
[edit] see first post [/edit]

[ 20. January 2003, 09:05: Message edited by: dromepixie ]

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Ok who are you, and what have you done with the real Kyrian?

Big school's made you go all clever lil sis....

Frankly i'm shocked

Meh

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Here a few poems...

Just for you Danae!

Amor Prohibido by César Vallejo

Subes centelleante de labios y ojeras!
Por tus venas subo, como un can herido
que busca el refugio de blandas aceras.

Amor, en el mundo tú eres un pecado!
mi beso es la punta chispeante del cuerno
del diablo; mi beso que es credo sagrado!

Espíritu es el horópter que pasa
¡puro en su blasfemia!
¡el corazón que engendra al cerebro!
que pasa hacia el tuyo, por mi barrio triste.
¡Platónico estambre
que existe en el cáliz donde tu alma existe!

¿Algún penitente silencio siniestro?
Tú acaso lo escuchas? Inocente flor!
...Y saber que donde no hay un Padrenuestro,
el Amor es un Cristo pecador!

I wont translate as its a lot of work for me little head at the minute...
I actually met the author of the next one... She is my ex's grandmother... Grand lady indeed; she paved the way for most female poets/writers in Brazil! (poem in portugese, similar to spanish but Portugese) She is also a Holocaust victim?! Interesting lady indeed, I am happy I had the priviledge of meeting her!

Areia da praia (also title of the book: 'Sand from the beach') by Hyldeth Favilla

Areia da praia
macia,
gostosa,
com cheiro das algas
que brincam no mar.

Areia da praia
branca,
misteriosa,
brilhando de escamas
à luz do luar...

Como te invejo,
areia da praia,
cuando, enamorada,
nos braços do vento
dansas,
rodopias,
como alucinada,
fazendo sofrer
o mar ciumento.

Areia da praia,
tu tens a minha alma
altiva,
indomável,
caprichosa,
errante...

Como te paraces conmigo,
areia da praia!
Como eu,
és boêmia,
mutável,
inconstante...

Não há passo
que marque teu corpo,
areia da praia.

love and hugs,
drome

PS: will be bothered to do translation after having slept some!

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Love and hugs to all HOPers!

Cass: Tu eres una luz brillante que ilumina qualquier camino que pasas. Por eso Te Amo y tambien te respeto! Extrañando tu precencia en este interminable vacio.

Kyrian: again thanks for being so honest and kind!

Ros: Thanks for the comment following mine, you are a beautiful girl! I cant wait to see you!

Love and hugs to the HOPers,
drome

[ 20. January 2003, 09:12: Message edited by: dromepixie ]

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:

Drome & Kyri - maybe PM's would be a good idea to discuss this? Or perhaps another thread? But this is a beautiful, emotional thread about people who can fly, not the history of languages.

sorry if you think I'm out of line.

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
No FNF not out of line!

Perfectly reasonable complaint! All has been dealt with!

love + hugs
drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

Page: