Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
==============================

TICKETS UPDATE 11th April 2006

==============================

TICKETS ARE NOW ONSALE!! bounce You can follow this link to the online Shop to make your purchase. If you buy a ticket with the forthcoming DVD you will get a £3 discount. Please note that the price of £25 will only be valid until the 13th June

Finally, we have a venue for play biggrin

Thanks for being so patient, the location for PLAY is now confirmed as being at Fordhall Farm, Market Drayton, Shropshire. TF9 3PS

The gates will be open from 10am Thursday 22nd June until 6pm Monday 26th June (yes that's FIVE days biggrin ) and will cost the princely sum of £25 in advance and £30 from two weeks prior to the festival. The tickets will be on sale from Sunday 2nd April right up until the event. The ticket price covers all facilities and events once onsite (bar, food & drink etc excluded of course) all workshops, the show(s), the childrens creche area etc etc etc

A beautiful organic farm set in the countryside (although 5 minutes from the town of Market Drayton) that will make for the most wonderful setting for this years (and hopefully many more) PLAY Festival.

(Please visit the Fordhall Farm website, they need to raise £600,000 by July 2006 to stop this beautiful fertile place from becoming yet another industrial development, if you can help their cause please do so hug )

It has great links to the M6 motorway via the A53 and for non car users we will post all info about the local transport situation asap. There isn't a train station that's particularly close but we will be laying on a PLAY Bus to make collections to/from the station as often as possible to help everyone out. There may be a very small charge for this (ie a quid or two) to cover the cost of the driver etc.

I will keep this post updated and of course keep your eyes on the PLAY Website and forum for the most up to date information.

If you could keep your questions in the PLAY Forum we'd much appreciate it as it will help us keep some control and ensure we answer as many as possible. It'll save Malcolms badwidth a little too.....

Hope to see you all there!

bounce2 ubbrollsmile bounce

hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblol

thats 100+ wasted people at 3am - whos going to believe them wink

It was all an act you know - cost me loads it did to get than van looking that way, i thought we pulled off the "crashed into pub roof" look quite well ubbloco

biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Thanks to all those that made PLAY the wonderful thing that it was - thats all you lot. Whilst big respect goes out to Dunc and his team for all the hard work that went on to make it such a successful event. If anyone has any footage of the Renegade I'd be very gratefull if they could get in touch and any soundbites I could use in my promo would be great too (aswell as any that I CANT use!!)
I had a great time - learnt alot, met some wonderful people and am counting down the 13 months til the next one.
Big Love and nuff respekt

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
but I was stone cold sober and clean....

I'm sure my word will count for something...

my precious.... tongue

is ANY of my footage useable or have you not had a look at the dailies yet?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Footage from renegade is pretty good, the lighting was a bit pants - although we had a nice camera to use (thanks will smile)

Drew / Firenix ill send you a pm about stuff ive got smile

Dave - your impression was brilliant, cant wait to watch that back again "you and your precious f'ing play festival" ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Afterwards Nate came up to me and his impression is just as spot-on. I feel a double act in surround-sound coming on...

I actually meant the footage I shot on the first day. I tried to be arty and pre-empt some stuff happening but unfortunatey Garthy didn't have a dress to hand... tongue

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

ubblol

thats 100+ wasted people at 3am - whos going to believe them wink

It was all an act you know - cost me loads it did to get than van looking that way, i thought we pulled off the "crashed into pub roof" look quite well ubbloco

biggrin

might believe someone who was there when you got back on site n told us all about it biggrin

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
hehee, the forces are gathering against you strugz... just 'fess up and save yourself the humiliation biggrin

Simita I've just realised you were Sim the guy next to my tent! How goes it?

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
hey guys

PLAY was great! it was really worth flying from israel just for that.
I learnt alot from the workshops too. all my friends missed ros's workshop... when i told them about it they asked if that was the workshop where everyone was running around ubbloco.
sunday was really great! i learned so much in one day smile contact poi, whip catches and the 10 (14 actually) hardest things rob can do with poi.
i also have footage of most shows (except for the circus show and the last fire show... my camera ran out of battery:() and ill post it if dunc and the performers wont mind. all the shows were great, I really liked the first fire show and the last fire show, also the first indoor show (with Dror) was really funny...
i met 2 other israelis there too... Dror and Yam (the girl that did rope climbing)
i have footage from rob's workshop and some footage of beth doing whip catches and of laura doing contact poi (laura im sorry we annoyed you with the poi testing wink they were great but they were ruined cuz we didnt soak them in paraffin for 12 hours...)
so anyway thanks to everyone who taught me all those cool new moves and to duncan and the organizers for making this great festival! i hope ill be there next year, ill definately go if i have enough money for the flight.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Yay!! bounce

What a Wicked weekend!

Highlights for me:

Mags' Pegging (s)

Hangar Fun live on Stage

Jea9 ubblove

HAving the MoM guys all there to play with, and seeing drew bust out his craziness at last, and seeing Ryan Compere

Not actually stopping popping for more than five minutes

Not stopping thinking about popping all weekend! I even dreamt of popping... Ok so there may have been a few minutes where I was preoccupied...

Performing in the renegade. What a rush!I have to do that again!

Right now, the rest of the weekend seems a bit hazy... I'm sure I've forgotten loads of stuff that I learned already... Hopefully all will be good after a load of catch up sleep...

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I've forgotten everything you and Ryan taught me already Ed biggrin

(I'm sure it'll come back to me once I've sifted through the memories or had some spilffage to improve my ability to remember stuff)

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

Simita I've just realised you were Sim the guy next to my tent! How goes it?

yes thts me, when i saw your posts earlier i was like, i know who this person is, but i cudnt work it out, help a bro out, gets so confusing with all these aliases confused

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
so good to play with you all!

loved seeing all you special people I met last year, and having a chance to reconnect!

Rob, you are such an amazing dude. I mean, like totally. Cool. Thanks for the coffee! And fluffy, I shall be in touch with rainbow pants and some info, soon as I catch up to myself!

Laura- inspiration! Thanks so much.

Pink and her crew, you kept me laughing the whole time. I really must find my way to bristol!I apologize for getting cold feet re marriage, but we seriously should open a bordello. Maybe at the EJC?

Beth, thanks so much for the sleeping matt loan, and cole and lisa for the other... Yay! You are so kind. My back thanks you.

Sy, had a blast watching you spin in circles until green, then cooly eat a flapjack! really enjoyed our conco too...

Gabe, delighted to find you as delightful in person as you are through your posts, and to share so many mutual friends!

spanner and G- oh, whips. addiction.Trouble. Joy!

many many more wonderful people, think i was smiling so much I have a sore face! Much love to you all.

stolen burning tiger balm dans computer for a moment, so I should really let him have it back. Looking forward to EJC and camp hullah boogie!
xoxox
a

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Lousy_Trucking_Car

Jea9 ubblove

Awww hug biggrin hug

Meh

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
tongue

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
 Written by: GothFrogette

Morgan (my youngest) also has said tummy bug frown

So has Baby lee...but then again, I saw him eat a sausage congealed with some unknown substance that had been left outside over night...so I'm not surprised ubblol
*shudder*

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
 Written by: blu_valley

So has Baby lee...but then again, I saw him eat a sausage congealed with some unknown substance that had been left outside over night...so I'm not surprised ubblol
*shudder*

I told him so!
That sausage had been left outside overnight, the oil had hardend on it, and no-doubt had had bugs crawling all over it!
Actually nearly made me sick when he ate that! ubblol

Silly Lee! hug

glowingsunsetsnewbie
14 posts

Posted:
Our first time at Play, what a friendly lot you are !!! Thanks to everyone that helped make this the best festival we've ever been to. A special hi to Ches and Chris
Here's 2 albums of photo's I took while we were there.
https://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i105/glowingsunsets/

icklepurklegirlmember
116 posts

Posted:
I seriously have to thank every single person at Play who witnessed me post-being dumped....as Steaks tells me 'spinners and hippies are antidepressants' and you guys were all immense.
Special big love for all the hugs and making smile despite the poo....if it was gonna happen anywhere, i reckon Play was the best choice.

and TSUNAMI!!!!!!!

-spinnin' to the rhythm of the new world order-

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
 Written by: blu_valley

*shudder*

i'm not surprised either... i did notice as the weekend went on food was getting pinker and pinker inside (only that some people were cooking for themselves)... impatient munchy people ubblol perhaps the sausage and been discarded for a reason

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Waaaaaaaaave.. plod plod... biggrin

Cake or Death?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I didn't touch ANY of the meat at PLAY!

Not for lack of trust of the play-boy's culinary skills, more for money. The only meat I ate over the weekend was a small chunk of barbecued smoked haddock courtesy of Hazel & Paul. (Thanks guys)

That said, couldn't resist a bag of chocolate bits from the chocolate hut. And the chocolate chilli shots! niiiiiiiice... biggrin

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Okay....back at work and very slightly more awake.

Going home last night was completelt depressing, I'd gone from a feild full of lovely people to a cold empty caravan and a big cold empty bed-not inviting at all! frown

But it was an awesome weekend thanks to all of those that made it so special!

"The peg crew"- you know who you are! discovered i had one attached to my aerial on the car when we stopped at the service station, don't know which one of you it was but the dang thing made it the whole way home and with my driving-thats pretty impressive!

Mech-for the tentage on the first night-muchly appreciated, and i promise I'll bum ya next time! ubblol

Gayle/skully and the rest of that crew- for the pump, the sleeves and tutu, the "pings",letting me ogle jonny, the blanket, the wiggling and everyting else! kiss

DevKev- the massage-bit longer next time though please! wink

Pige,Jo, Aimee and the rest of the dancing crew on saturday night-you guys rocked! grouphug

Vix and Hels for being my perving partners! ubblol ubbangel

Strugz for filming what we were perving on, myself among many young ladies so ubblove you for that! ubblol and for skinning up all the time, crashing the van, getting a "phatt" lip and generally being entertaining! hug

Mags and Mo- for the company, the petrol money, and for making me get off my arse and do something even if it was only for a short while! smile

Garthy- for bein there, always good to see you mate- get your nipples out! ubblol

Will & Becci- for taking advantage of my drunken state on saturday! ubblol spank

Jake- for putting up with me beating you up and STILL giving me a hug after..*starts weilding litter picker* ubbloco

Momma Bear- for being gorgeous as always and making me smile! kiss

Poppa Bear- for having the coolest head in town! biggrin

Sym- for everything you did for the festival, and for all of the things you have so kinly offered to help with regarding hellfire. You're a legend! hug

2Bags- good to see you even if it was only for a short while! I promise you can make an honest woman of me soon! May pop up your way and say hello over the next couple of weeks! Love ya gorgeous! kiss

Dunc- for having the most gorgeous family ever, for making me designated booze beyatch on the last might(well 8am monday morning!), and for having this fantastic idea which has turned into something spectacular for so many people.

You make me do this biggrin!

(INVOICE ON ITS WAY! wink)

ubblol kiss

And everyone else just for being there.

Love you all! Well, most of you anyway!! tongue

heart grouphug heart

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
 Written by: maus

Vix and Hels for being my perving partners! ubblol ubbangel

Strugz for filming what we were perving on, myself among many young ladies so ubblove you for that! ubblol and for skinning up all the time, crashing the van, getting a "phatt" lip and generally being entertaining! hug

And here was me feeling ashamed of myself for being such a blatant oogler when I was supposed to be concentrating on the workshops!

Would've been fun to have gotten together with you ladies and compare notes/tastes...

More importantly - do you have the raw footage? biggrin

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Strugz filmed, Vix has photos! ubblol

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
You have any of the Blond French guy? (Meiste was it?)

And do you trust Strugz not to leave out the more drool-worthy shots in the editing room?

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Who do you think we've been talking about!!!! rolleyes

And strugz knows the score, he'll do a good job for us ladies!(and gents)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Meiste - predictable choice

But he definitely wasn't at the top of my list...

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
He wasn't at the top of mine either but its still nice to have something pretty to look at when you're lying in the sun really stoned eating strawberries! biggrin

And perhaps the PLAY thread isn't the most ideal place to be discussing our differing taste in men! wink
EDITED_BY: maus (1151493027)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
You mean 'isn't'? biggrin

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
ubbloco

Page: ......