Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
==============================

TICKETS UPDATE 11th April 2006

==============================

TICKETS ARE NOW ONSALE!! bounce You can follow this link to the online Shop to make your purchase. If you buy a ticket with the forthcoming DVD you will get a £3 discount. Please note that the price of £25 will only be valid until the 13th June

Finally, we have a venue for play biggrin

Thanks for being so patient, the location for PLAY is now confirmed as being at Fordhall Farm, Market Drayton, Shropshire. TF9 3PS

The gates will be open from 10am Thursday 22nd June until 6pm Monday 26th June (yes that's FIVE days biggrin ) and will cost the princely sum of £25 in advance and £30 from two weeks prior to the festival. The tickets will be on sale from Sunday 2nd April right up until the event. The ticket price covers all facilities and events once onsite (bar, food & drink etc excluded of course) all workshops, the show(s), the childrens creche area etc etc etc

A beautiful organic farm set in the countryside (although 5 minutes from the town of Market Drayton) that will make for the most wonderful setting for this years (and hopefully many more) PLAY Festival.

(Please visit the Fordhall Farm website, they need to raise £600,000 by July 2006 to stop this beautiful fertile place from becoming yet another industrial development, if you can help their cause please do so hug )

It has great links to the M6 motorway via the A53 and for non car users we will post all info about the local transport situation asap. There isn't a train station that's particularly close but we will be laying on a PLAY Bus to make collections to/from the station as often as possible to help everyone out. There may be a very small charge for this (ie a quid or two) to cover the cost of the driver etc.

I will keep this post updated and of course keep your eyes on the PLAY Website and forum for the most up to date information.

If you could keep your questions in the PLAY Forum we'd much appreciate it as it will help us keep some control and ensure we answer as many as possible. It'll save Malcolms badwidth a little too.....

Hope to see you all there!

bounce2 ubbrollsmile bounce

hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

baby_LeeSILVER Member
RUBBISH!!
1,443 posts

Posted:

Steaks you have to go. Me and Lois are going and we're going to track it from Brighton so you've got no excuse biggrin

Colourful but not very bright.

Blu_valley: oh, and thats the only place where you get the ability to multiple-orgasm Baby Lee...the only place in the universe.

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
im def gonna come to this

and its only like 30 mins drive away from me, makes up for falmouth meet n everything else being so far away

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
I've never been to anything like this. Is everyone friendly and is it totally worth going? It sounds awesome

Fire Staff £27, Paraffin £10... setting yourself alight, Priceless!

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
=Flamer= Meets are the best thing ever. My first was falmouth just last weekend, and it was AMAZING. I cant wait till play, Cant we fast forward time a wee bit biggrin

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
Sounds like its a good idea then. I guess I might just have to turn up. biggrin.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hi Flamer, if you go to www.playfestival.co.uk you can download a little vid from last year called the PLAY Teaser and it'll give you a really good idea of what goes on.

It'll be bigger than any meet you've been to before (although it's still small enough to be nice smile ) the only close to comparison would be the Firegathering in Brighton but we're quite a different event really.

Hope we see you there! smile

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Its the best thing ever,

I went to my first meet a year ago, that was Falmouth 3, I didn't know anyone then ... it was a bit intimidating really. Everyone seemed to know each other really well....

but within an hour or two I had met some really cool people and now they are some of my best friends, it is just a shame I don't see more of them...

It is definitely worth the nervous feelings, now a year on and when I turn up to events there are always pletny of people waiting to give me welcoming hugs, how cool is that ...

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Exactly the same as Matty for me- other than a few spitz appearances I hadn't been to a meet- Fal 3 changed all that and now I'm.... RUBBISH! wink

ps- only had the job a day and I've already booked off the time for PLAY biggrin

misscorinthianSILVER Member
old hand
784 posts

Posted:
Glad to see you have your priorities sorted then biggrin

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
 Written by: crazybambino

Steaks you have to go. Me and Lois are going and we're going to track it from Brighton so you've got no excuse biggrin

i have 1 excuse for not attending play, and its about the best one i can come up with:
if i can't make it, it will be because i can't afford to go, and the only reason i won't be able to afford it is if i am not fit enough to have a job in time to get tickets, due to my recovery after my op taking longer than expected, or i just can't get a someone to give me a job. otherwise i intend on being there, esp if Seye is driving and has room in his car biggrin ubbrollsmile

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
I think you may well have pursuaded me. I am going to buy my ticket when i get paid in two week biggrin!

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
steaks im sure u can scrabble together £25 odd quid for the ticket even without a job lol, i reckon if u saved all ur coppers and silvers in a jar ud have the ticket money easily in time for the fest lol

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

Boo_BunnyBRONZE Member
Sparkely arty Mormon rainbow fairy
933 posts

Posted:
After missing Play last year due to attending another festival i shall most definatly be comming this year.

now all i need is ticket money and a lift down there.

Property of Fine_Rabid_Dog

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Im deffo coming... i have the money sitting here ready and waiting... and the time off work. Just need to purchase everything and i'll be sorted! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm....

Just tried to purchase a ticket but computer crashed during the transaction (predictable)

No the PLAY site is telling the transaction as occuring (yet pending fund) but the paypal account doesn't show the transaction (never made it to the card number stage). And the PLAY site doesn't give an option to pay....

Hmmmm

errr..... 'help'?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
You have 3 options:

1) Send a cheque and we will mark it as paid. You should have your ticket numbers and we have your address to send the DVD to.

2) Place another order and pay though paypal (without crash this time!). If you do that, tell me and I will delete your other order.

3) You might be able to go back to the paypal page. Look in your history to see if you can.

Let me know either way

hug

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Cheers Sym I will send a cheque (it's faster than my paypal as its directly from my account rather than card...)

If you could PM me a mailing address I will send the cheque to you guys ASAP

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Mr_widdeat my face before i eat yours
253 posts

Posted:
have booked the time off of my new job now to come to this. Will get my tickets in a week or so, next pay day. Now all i have to do is sort some kind of transport.

BatwalkerBRONZE Member
journeyman
50 posts

Posted:
Fingers Crossed I should be there. First big UK meet smile so excited weavesmiley

I am a EVIL Giraffe.....

BatwalkerBRONZE Member
journeyman
50 posts

Posted:
Just found out it is my mates birthday the same weekend frown . Hope you all have a great time x

I am a EVIL Giraffe.....

BatwalkerBRONZE Member
journeyman
50 posts

Posted:
weavesmiley

I am a EVIL Giraffe.....

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
What better place to have a party? We have a few birthdays...why not join in? wink

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Batwalker: you see that button there that says "edit"? Its a magical portal wink smile

Flamer: This event is brilliant bounce

I shoudl book the time off then shoudlnt I? ubblol

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Batwalker....it's waaay more than a meet wink

And yes we're having a birthday weekend, infact Thursday might almost be renamed Birthday Party Day just so we have an excuse to party even more biggrin ubbrollsmile

KieronGOLD Member
232 posts

Posted:
You don't need to book time off, just get someone to phone the day before saying you had an accident with a staff and your head.

Mine didn't believe that so they decided I was lieing to hide that i'd fallen over drunk instead of lieing because I was going to Play. Worked for me...of course that job was unimportant and rubbish anyway.

"I'm quite good at darts, though i often miss" - Kylie

"I'm not a bad driver, I just panic when theres other cars around" - Sarah

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Dunc - any word on the deliverey date for the DVD's?

Gayle.....!

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
They have been slightly delayed by technical difficulties, and that we may now have a new supplier who's potentially 30% cheaper! eek Won't be long tho ubbrollsmile

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
I ordered mine but couldn't get the money off as i wasn't ordering tickets as well (wasn't sure what to do about buying tickets cos of the stall). ho hmm.

Gayle.....!

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
it all goes tot he PLAY fund smile

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Dunc

They have been slightly delayed by technical difficulties, and that we may now have a new supplier who's potentially 30% cheaper! eek Won't be long tho ubbrollsmile

ubblol

technical difficulties indeed ubblol

good work on finding another supplier dude - will call you tonight smile

hug

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Page: ......