Forums > Social Chat > What did you do for New Years eve?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
biggrin

So really, the question above really opens this new thread!!

What did you get upto for your new years eve!?

Let me start, i gigged for slinky with the wonderful Lab 4 boys!!

Spinning fire to top tunes on a stage, in a rammed club, with hot chicks everywhere and good friends watching!! what more could anyone want?

so...

how was yours? juggle

passing through, this world still lives.

ChickpeaSILVER Member
mostly a muppet in need of distraction...
305 posts

Posted:
i was invited to st ives, but that was with my ex BF......and my sis lives in Newquay - still had a brilliant night.
will have to try st ives another year.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

lauz the caterpillagoddess of all things slimey and an interchangeable insect!
2,443 posts

Posted:
i was at the lovely frd's, with lots of lovely hoppers, best new years ever biggrin

Shhhhhh! the boobies are trying to sleep.
owner and the property of noddy.
*i was a caterpilla last night wink* - libby_tuesday

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I went round to a mates, drank heavily, then went onto another mates around 1am and stayed there until around 7.30 am, t'was a good night smile

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

Spontaneously CombustableThe cuter FRD
214 posts

Posted:
At FRD's as well, as I live there. I met some new HoPpers: Doug, Lauz and Boo_Bunny, and as a bonus, I learnt some contact juggling as well!

Best New Years since 2000

----There are no opportunities, only problems----

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Threw a party.

Didn't get drunk.

I rock.

biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
We went to ROXY, a huge gay club in New York where they played house music all night and we danced with hot guys who looked like underwear models. We went home at 6AM.

My feet still hurt, my ears are still ringing and it was FUN.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

lauz the caterpillagoddess of all things slimey and an interchangeable insect!
2,443 posts

Posted:
Written by: Spontaneously Combustable

At FRD's as well, as I live there. I met some new HoPpers: Doug, Lauz and Boo_Bunny, and as a bonus, I learnt some contact juggling as well!

Best New Years since 2000

i envy you ubblol

Shhhhhh! the boobies are trying to sleep.
owner and the property of noddy.
*i was a caterpilla last night wink* - libby_tuesday

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
Written by: Doc Lightning

My feet still hurt

YOUR feet hurt!!!!!

mine got absolutely maimed ubblol

everyone came together infront of the sound system as the tune built up and when it finally kicked in the stacking(moshing) started and sooooooo many people stomped on my feet (as i expect i did in return) but what an amazing time i had, i'm still giggling about it now biggrin

--------------------------------

also i found this https://new.edp24.co.uk/content/news/stor...3A48%3A25%3A983

EDITED_BY: ravehead (1136239075)

Lost83spyBRONZE Member
Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!
587 posts

Posted:
Had to look after a family friend's house over the weekend so I threw a party there. It wasnt anything major but it was loads of fun. Got to meet new friends ubbrollsmile

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Written by: roarfire

I was a 3 night music festival called the Falls Festival in Lorne with Gita. New years eve we were dancing to the Cat Empire (they played the most awesome set!) and then The Dandy Warhols took us through the New years smile

There were no fireworks though frown

The Cat Empire followed by The Dandy Warhols?! eek ubblove :swoon:

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Pen DravenUnofficial Lord Of Confusion And Pirate Extrodinaire
1,363 posts

Posted:
Went to New Years Eve IV at a Rock/Metal pub in london,, much fun was had and bad metal listened too,, good night biggrin

Some men see things and say why....

I Dream of things that never were and say Why Not....?

Oh No I'm going to get Shot Alive if he finds out - DA wink

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
I watched BBC1's hogmanay stuff, chewin the fat etc,
opened a can of diet coke and drunk it straight outta the glass. no lemon either, not that it was a special night or anything....

10:30am the following morning I had a stupid arguement that wasn't my fault. Bloody men *shakes fist menacingly*

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Happy new year everyone!!!!

Well, if none of the lads are going to brag about it I'll do it for them: Mot, Telpeva Isil, Fuero and Ben (that's his real name, not sure whether he's on HOP) did an awesome fire show at a few minutes to midnight on the main stage on the Dam square in Amsterdam in front of 25,000 people!!!!! Apparently it was also on tv. They were cool and I'm very proud of all of them! Oh, and I stood at the side of the stage and filmed them. smile

And after that we sat around in the VIP lounge waving benevolently at the masses in the square below, and drinking for free. At 2am Mot, myself and another friend made our way back to our home town of Utrecht, stopped for a drink at a pub where a friend of ours works, then went home. A passing friend saw the lights still on and stopped for drinks and snacks and story swapping on her way home, and we all crawled into bed at 6-ish. Twas a good night!!!

hug

neph

everyone's unique except me

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
eek

Wicked!!

Nice work Amsterdammy peoples hug

Glad you had a great party mot and neph... hope to see you guys again soon biggrin

Getting to the other side smile

Theo_SILVER Member
Dirty Hippie
347 posts

Posted:
i had a great time at new year! i went to this house party and it was all full of scene kids, like these little myspace emo people. but it was quite fun all the same, untill i started putting on some rammstein and other heavier stuff than the used. not they aren't a good band. but anyway yeah, this girl who i like was there and at midnight i asked her out and she said yeah so all is great! biggrin biggrin biggrin oh i also got really drunk, but then who didn't? beerchug

for every minute angry, you loose 60 seconds of happiness

janiceBRONZE Member
34 posts

Posted:
i worked! i think it was 3 am for about 4 hours... it went on and on and on and on etc.

in goth we trust

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Clare!!!!! hug I'm thinking.... EJC? Now they've moved it to July we can go!!! You'll be there, right?

everyone's unique except me

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Written by: Dunc

Written by: roarfire

I was a 3 night music festival called the Falls Festival in Lorne with Gita. New years eve we were dancing to the Cat Empire (they played the most awesome set!) and then The Dandy Warhols took us through the New years smile

There were no fireworks though frown

The Cat Empire followed by The Dandy Warhols?! eek ubblove :swoon:

Yeah but the Dandy Warhols were crap! angry The Cat Empire should have done the countdown instead of them!! But the Dandy's were the 'headline' band so they got to do their set though midnight.

There were heaps of other bands like The Zutons, Wolfmother, The Shins, Hoodoo Guru's, Ozomatli...and about 50 more. Oh and 'Danny Bhoy' performed...he was hilarious!

*cough* Anyway, sorry about going off topic. Carry on. ubbangel

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Neph... of course lady biggrin

We shall be seeing you there... it's going to be amazing biggrin biggrin

(get yer tickets now ubblol)

Getting to the other side smile

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
i went to Sym's party in Norfolk, it was groovy and I am really excited about 2006, this morning I got a phone call from an old job interview and I start tomorrow helping a kid with ADHD at school!
I'm determined to sort my life out this year! wooo hoo!! and get my driving license! biggrin

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Hairy TaitBRONZE Member
109 posts

Posted:
I was working until 4 in the afternoon ( Hogmany ) which was good because that meant i doidn't hit the booze too early.... went to a Mongolian Buffet restaurant until about 10 ( had zebra, mussels,prawns, shark and venison but not in the same dish ) then went up to my mates flat for a party.... It was utter carnage.....

One of my mates was wearing a bright turquoise chinese smoking jacket.... it clearly didn't fit him...... nobody seems to have any photo's....yet....i'm sure some will appear soon.....

Amazingly i woke up in my own bed on New years day....quickly realised i'd left a bottle of fine malt whisky at my mates flat....promptly got up and went back to drink it.......

New years day was a bit like carnage too...... all good fun though.......!!

It's a very interesting story, Future Boy....!

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
Went to a small house party in Bristol, then moved the whole party (about 25 people) to the bristol carling academy for a night of pure messyness and danceyness kept bouncing by Freestylers, Babyhead, Breakfastaz, Think, and more. We owned that club, midnight was immense and it just got better from there!

Then back to house party at 5am-ish for chillout tunes and 'things', ending the night watching cartoons and The Mighty Boosh (which messed with my head way to much!) until 10:30am.

Then walked back across Bristol to mong out at friends house watching films until a tired drive home just after midnight on sunday. (it's nice to be able to say I was up for the whole of the first 24hrs of 2006!).

Conclusion: BEST NEW YEAR'S EVE EVER!!!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin

Happy New Year everybody!!!

Keep '06 rocking!

Jake the Juggler

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
unfortunately i was with Frodo........ wink

ooooo what fun it was biggrin

lab4 - rocked and so did we! ubbrollsmile

Happy New Year All biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
new years day.................well i cant remember too much.................oh yeah i was still raving it up till 1pm then a long "wasted" trek accross norwich to head home, got some more alcohol on the way, drank that and slept till monday afternoon

Page: