Forums > Social Chat > Ministry of Sound, NYE - The Dome

Login/Join to Participate

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
I've decided to go to the Dome for NYE this year.

It says there will be 'a hand picked troupe of the very best performers, circus acts, dancers' etc etc.

Was just wondering if anyone here will be performing there? If so what will your costume be so I can come and say hello.

Also, is anyone here just going for the party?

Jo.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
oooh...maybe you can twist me and the harrow (and shire cru (glass and bovril) to attened...havent heard much about it tho..

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
It looks like it should be a hoot. Not enough D&B for my liking but there will be some good music, no doubt at all. It would be good to see you guys there.

check out the ministry website.
Jo.

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
I went last year - was not impressed. The whole thing was very poorly organised and set up (in my opinion). It didn't help that the dome was open to the outside, and it was somewhere in the region of -10 degrees that night. It was warm enough if you were getting crushed from all sides (which happened if you went into any of the tents), but freezing everywhere else. Not their fault it was cold outside, I know, but they should have at least considered providing some source of warmth for those who didn't want to dance every minute of the night. The tents (D&B, funky house and (ugh) garage) were way too small, couldn't move in them, and the sound system for the majority of the Dome was either not big enough or just really stupidly set up, so that unless you were quite near to the speakers, which was pretty difficult to do given there were about 40000 people there, the music wasn't loud enough, often getting drowned out by music from the tents. The performers might have been good, I can't really say because they were on stage at the front, which was bloody miles away. Then there was the absolute farce of getting out of the damn place - I have never before had to queue for two hours to get out of somewhere before. Especially in negative temperatures.

Sorry, long rant, but I had a bit of a shit time last year, and wouldn't consider going to a ministry event again.

I'm sure they will have learnt from last year, and I hope you have a good time

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

Urban_Culturemember
89 posts

Posted:
good D&B line up, but to comercial 4 me, must stay deep in da underground!!!
its United Dance aswell as minstry of shite!

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
see this is why jo derry is so bloody good at poi, if you can spin to drum and bass i salute you too!

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
Hype, Andy C and Marky are without a doubt the most talented DJ's on the dnb scene, and Grooverider, Patife and Mickey Finn, etc will be wicked too.

Of course, if you don't want to be in the dome and it's filthy dnb you want then I'd recommend going to slammin vinyl, which has got a sick line up:

Andy C (Midnight set)
Mampi Swift
Hype
Mickey Finn
Brockie
Nicky Blackmarket
Ray Keith
Bad Company
Zinc
Kenny Ken

check out www.slamminvinyl.co.uk for more info or check out www.breakbeat.co.uk and have a look in the events listings for nye dnb nights.

Hope this has helped!

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
May I just say Slammin Vinyle was absolutly fantastic last NYE! The D&B room upstaires was mezmorising, I can't remember who was one but it was the set before the Rat Pack.. bout 2 till 4 - many an old skool D&B tune was played.. ahh the memories!
*Tip* buy your tickets late on the credit card line, my mates that asked me to go bought their tickets way before and had them sent to them thru the post.. I walked in thru the VIP gate toward C/C collections and they had to que for 2 hours - it was freezin... but then again you gotta be carefull that it doesn't sell out - oh the chances in life that you take..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
Oh dear... from what you say, Jephyre, it sounds an awefull lot like Gatecrasher 2000. Cold and shit sound system. However, I have to go because some American friends are visiting and they want to see the dome etc etc.

My choice would be Bagleys.

incredible line up - everyone who's anyone in D&B.

I'm sure I'll have fun wherever I go though - somthing to do with my choice of snacks

PK, spining to d&b is one of the most fun things I know. Can last for about 2 minutes before by heart feels like it's about to burst though. Got to be good for you in some way I guess...

Jo.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
boooooooooooooo!
andy c....shy fx...nicky blackmarket...hype! jesus christ can it get any flaming better!!!!

i can spin to d&b for as long as i like...i dont seem to get tired and once im in a rythym i NEVER stop...untill i colapse..

The United Chains of Fire ARE going....we need to get a chat going between everyone going officailly...are we going to charge ministry for spinning?

hang on...goes off to put this thread on the events and gatherings...but bling frigging bling...that sounds like one SORTED night!

[ 30. November 2002, 05:02: Message edited by: THE UNITED CHAINS OF FIRE ]