tillymoomember
107 posts

Posted:
help

Hi

I have just scored some work at the Adelaide Fringe Festival next year clap and, because i am from Sunny Brisvegas, am putting out some feelers for possible accomodation while i am there (Jan 20th-ish to March 20th-ish)

the best situation would be a someone's room who is going away for that period and doesn't want to pay rent. i would like it with a bed at least so i do't have to bring my own. the only other requirement i have is to be fairly close the city or at least public transportable as i probably won't have a car...unless someone wants to do a roadtrip from brisbane to adelaide....but that's a whole other thread!

i will be working in the box office (so free tix could be a 'fringe' wink benifit) so won't even be around that much, and newgabe can vouch for what a wonderful housemate i am ubbangel

i think that's about all...i would love to hear any possibilities or other suggestions

Tilly wave

"A Thnead's a fine thing that all people need"
Dr Suess

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
aaaw, she's such a lovely housemate! ubblove

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

tillymoomember
107 posts

Posted:
so lovely you had to go to cairns to get away from me??!! wink
hope your having a nice time there - house is holding itself together nicely
xoxoxox hug

Dr Suess

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
...if my adelaide home wasnt with my mum... sori dude i can ask in non fire circles as well... however i have done some pretty extencive exploration of the drains under adelaide and i know of a few big dry chambers... red brick and granite...very calssy...

tillymoomember
107 posts

Posted:
thankx BrettStar hug

red brick and granite sounds just my cup of tea. one does need to surround oneself with beauty, after all!

i have faith that the right place will come up - after all i had serendipitous (sp?) luck to move site unseen into the amazing house o' gabe when i relocated from melbourne to brisbane in 3 weeks, but it would be awesome if you could keep an ear out for me bounce2

i will probably also be looking to come for a spin weavesmiley somewhere while i am down and meet some HoPpers, although i have a feeling quite a few of them will be in brissie at the time

Dr Suess

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
hi tilly u could try putting a post on the adelaide fire mailing list https://groups.yahoo.com/group/Arc_of_Flame/

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

tillymoomember
107 posts

Posted:
well i have found a plce to stay with an old friend bounce2 , now i just have to find some stuff to do on the weekends! i am interested in the mini- common ground gathering grouphug, but would love some other suggestions about 'what to do in adelaide on a summers weekend' beerchug? weavesmiley?

Dr Suess

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
*clears throat*

Under the bridge

Friday nights...

It's lots of fun.

biggrin

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

tillymoomember
107 posts

Posted:
Written by: Katinca

*clears throat*

Under the bridge

Friday nights...

It's lots of fun.

biggrin

that sounds like fun....once i get a bicycle and work out where it is i think i will come on down. i'll be the little blonde colourful thing spinning poi badly and watching in awe.

confused actaully, does anyone in adelaide have advice about where i could get my hands on a second hand bike? i am loving how flat it is here and figure i can save quite a lot on taxi fares once the festival starts if i can ride home in the wee hours of the morning.

Dr Suess

tillymoomember
107 posts

Posted:
OH MY GOD!
i saw LA CLIQUE at the spiegel tent and...OH MY GOD! clap
there were 2 acts that stood out particularly - Bath Boy, who is and acrobat/dancer/gymnast who does this act in....a bath! and is visually one of the sexiest things i have ever seen - 4 lesbians have even said they would turn for bath boy! ubblove
there was also a really good hoop girl who did some poi like moves with hoops - definitly a 2 beat weave which looked awesome.

Dr Suess

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
yeah i saw LA CLIQUE inthe spiegel ten in endinburgh... definately worth seeing... umm... not part of the fringe but WOMAD!!!

tillymoomember
107 posts

Posted:
Written by: BrettStar

... umm... not part of the fringe but WOMAD!!!

ubbrollsmile definitly part of fringe! In the Garden Of Unearthly Delights which has the Spiegel Tent and a new one called The Bosco, from Holland built in 1909 is part of the Fringe.
You should come down - it is really fun, and there are fairy lights, and at moments it feel like woodford! beerchug

Dr Suess

Promethean_AdvocateBRONZE Member
35 posts

Posted:
Hey. Just planning a last minute trip down to Ads for this fri,sat, and sunday...anything going to be happening down there? Dont really know my way around, saying down near Glenelg, so directions to any events etc would be much appreciated too.

Ta
JD

Incendiary meditation

“Think not of the staff as being rigid, but of your mind as being that which is inflexible.”

tillymoomember
107 posts

Posted:
ooh. the Fringe Parade and opening night Party is on this Friday night - unfortunatly my entire life is wrapped up with the fringe at the moment, so i have no idea what else is going on

Dr Suess

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
also of course under the king william st bridge as it crosses the torrens river next to jolly's boat house reasturant at nine there is the spinning goodness and the drummers... ahhh ... the drummers