Forums > HoP Competitions & Announcements - COL videos etc > A little unorthodox, but... I want this on COL2006. Who agrees?

Login/Join to Participate

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I would really like to see a video of Jesse spinning on COL2006.

It would stretch the variety of people that little bit more, as well as be a great way of telling people 'Suitable for all ages and abilities'. Obviously not fire, (unless of course he's already spinning that wink ) but definately a little stick, double little sticks, or even poi. I don't care how good he actually is, I think it would be awesome and indeed inspiring to see someone so young spinning, or trying to spin.

It could also show some of the parent/child bonding process through playing. The passing of the art of poi from father to son, as it were...

Can we have a more recent video of him please, malcolm? I see some photos, and they look pretty cool, if you ask me...

Would anyone else like this, or think it's a good idea? Tell me if you think it's a bit much... or even exploitive...

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

SprocketGOLD Member
140 posts

Posted:
As CoL is a competion and only the "best" get on it is a bit strange to see a little one poke the stick around (no offens meant). But what about a "Funniest CoL" video with lots of crazy or weird stuff: dogs spinning poi, staffing whilst riding a cow (no animal cruelty please), spinning whilst bungee jumping, that sort of thing.
Would be great, but sorry, I don't know how to put a video like that together so unless someone jumps up to the task I guess it's not going to happen.

hm, pinecones, my favourits!

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I see what you're saying, but even so, is anyone that competitive that they would deny a toddler one minute, or thirty seconds of footage on a DVD? Heck, he doesn't have to be entered into the cash prize competition at all. His footage could even be on a 'special features' menu, or even as the main Menu background sequence...

As for funniest video, people bring them out all the time! For free! the most recent offering being MCP and Bluecat's 'Vodka and Orange' That had (and stilll does have) me laughing so hard!

I just think it would be great to see that extra little bit of diversity in a COL DVD. I've always seen COL as not only a competition, but also as an advertisement for Spinning. If it was 'just a competition', it would only be bought by HoPpers, and not have an interest from other places too.

smile

Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Be Water My Friend.

SprocketGOLD Member
140 posts

Posted:
I think watching CoL should make people happy so I don't think it would be an issue to put a clip of Jesse on.

But then, can't we get that for free as well over the net? And don't we get heaps of spinning and twirling from there as well? So why make a CoL at all? Well, because it is a competion for those that want to see how good they are compared to other spinners, and they want a response. And people that buy it want to be inspired by extraordinary moves and ideas, HoPper or not.

And would non-HoPpers get it? Wouldn't they wonder what a little bub was doing on an international spinning video?

hm, pinecones, my favourits!

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
I wouldnt really mind... However, I do feel the rules should be followed by everyone, no matter how old you are. Honestly, Id rather see another 30 secs of a quality video someone put a lot of work into than a little kid that was just put on there for novelty. Its not hard to give a kid a stick and get them to do something cute with it.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
that's true... Good points...

Maybe we could have more videos of his progress as a Spinner, Malcolm?

Be Water My Friend.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"spinning whilst bungee jumping"

We need Robert Heart! biggrin

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
So basically... some people want more babes on CoL and others don't.

wink

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Babes?
I thought you meant toddlers!
Im all in favour of beautiful busty women in spinning videos ubblove

They dont need to actually be spinning anything mind...

biggrin

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
biggrin

Get him to do some contact, and that's Definately more than worthy of COL...

Babes in the Background? does that mean Babes with an 'I' before the 'E', or or the adult sense? wink

Be Water My Friend.

JayKittyGOLD Member
Mission: Ignition
534 posts

Posted:
^_^ That's a wonderful idea, I'd love to see Jesse in there. I've read about him since he was born, it would be so nice to see him doing something. Even just a quick minute somewhere would be wonderful.

Don't mind me, just passing through.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Written by: Malcolm

Seems Jesse likes staff now more than poi.

biggrin

Yay! A dude with good taste then smile

Put him in put him in put him in! biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Malcolm, can Jesse do a tutorial on how to pick up women please?
confused

Like, what sort of grip he uses, how many he can fit on one arm, that sort of thing.

smile

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Jon you could probably do one yourself.

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival