Page:
ThumperabbitBRONZE Member
Zebberdy and Jack Daniels
278 posts

Posted:
When I first became a member of this site, i was into juggling (not very well i might add). but not my tastes have gone onto Fire staffs. which i must admit.... I FRIGGING LOVE IT!!!! I know i've only been practicing with a broom hand with a sponge sticky taped to each end as padding, but i love it. i've masted basic moves like spinning it behind my back, spinning in each hand and crappy stuff like that. but I love it, for example today, i forgot to pick up my house keys before leaving for college, when i got home i was locked out, so i spent the whole of the 2 hours i was locked outside just practicing. I get the slight feeling of grace when i'm spinning. and about an hour ago i've managed to convince my mum to buy me a proper fire staff for x-mas, and in her own words "only if you don't play with it in the house" HA gotta love parents.

The only reason i'm scared of little kid's is because I know in ten year's time they'll be mugging me.....

Harry_PotterToadStool Circus Acts
181 posts

Posted:
That sounds very much like me. I've just started spinning too and i got my new staff from Te Pooka which is great. But its so annoying not being able to practise in the house. I look at some peoples videos and try and copy wot there doing but then have to run outside and try it out, then run back inside and look again to see if i have it right.

Yo-yoist, Staffer and 3 Ball and Club Juggling
'Its people like us, who make them feel talentless.'

TheApprovingNinjaFrom the Ashes of a Ninja Rise THE HIPS OF RAGE
371 posts

Posted:
While watching videos is useful don't get too reliant on it. It's much more important to explore the staff on your own and find out how it moves intrinsicly than just watching videos and copying what other people do.

Looking back on that post is sounds like hippie s*&@ but it's very true

Viva UGLY STAFF

278 posts

Posted:
I've given up on practicing inside my house, i've knocked off my light shade 6 times this afternoon, but still not broken smile

The only reason i'm scared of little kid's is because I know in ten year's time they'll be mugging me.....

tresSILVER Member
29 posts

Posted:
i am finding it insanly difficult after working my way up tomastering poi-which can i add after 2 years i am still nowhere near even looking at being a master....grumble, to transfer across to staff-it doesnt make sense!!! HELP ME!!!

Jelly

PhilomelSILVER Member
39 posts

Posted:
I spin poi, but got a little bored of it so I just started messing around with a staff a few days ago. Mine is sort of like a metal broomstick handle that my parents use to draw these curtain-type things over the windows. I'll buy a proper one soon when I get the cash.

Learning staff is all fun and games until you smack yourself square in the forehead with it like I just did - ouch! I should really get around to putting something soft on the ends of it.

I also hate not being able to practice inside - I need mirrors to see what I'm doing!

278 posts

Posted:
Written by: Philomel

I should really get around to putting something soft on the ends of it.

I find if you gaffa tape some car wash sponges to the ends, it work's really well, as it doesn't add too much weight, which doesn't throw it off balance.

Mewnewbie
10 posts

Posted:
My staff is homemade, my friend made it to me. First she did very lite and small one just for start but then she made bigger and very heavy, too heavy as she said but it's still good staff.
My friend has been spinning since last august and she is teaching me. First she show the trick and then she stand next to me and we both do it very slow. It's very good way to learn.

181 posts

Posted:
I wish i had mirrors. Maybe i should go into one of those dancing places. They always have mirrors on the wall. I have to wait untill tis dark and use a window. But its still not as good. Ahh well, More Spinning to do! Must learn more stuff!

ZauberdachSometimes sword wofter
199 posts

Posted:
Mirrors are very useful smile You can never tell by yourself what your plains are like behind your back...

IMPORTANT: Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of a sane person.

"just get the f**k on with it and make me the anti-christ already!"

RustoBRONZE Member
47 posts

Posted:
Everytime I try to watch myself in a reflection, I mad2 UP!!
I started with a metal type handle (mop), didn't last long but, rusted through from the inside in nothing flat, just snapped in half, aluminium rods are great and you can get them in varying thicknesses. I'm the opposite, been doing staff and now expanding in to poi, thanks to HOP, still insane about my staff but. biggrin

Crime does not pay ... as well as politics.
A bowl of soup with some one you love is better than steak with some one you hate. Proverbs 15, 17

say_cheeseSILVER Member
Brown
288 posts

Posted:
Iv only started staff spinning, got into it after watching a friend do poi who sugested that i should give it ago, i first started practicing with a garden cane with tennis balls on the end which was ok but iv just got myself a 3 peice fire staff! i love it!

does anyone know of any good sites that have vids of spinning?

ubbrollsmile

Official Nutella Fan Club

Go Nutella!

Just_Another_Clownold hand
965 posts

Posted:
I was spinning insde with my staff and put it though a window. and then i had to spend ages repairing it and i got very cold. Broom handels rule and a really gd move that you feel so superior with is the neck roll. where you spin the staff round your neck!

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.

Mewnewbie
10 posts

Posted:
Written by: say_cheese

ubbrollsmile

Rubberheart Duo has some good vids, they are so great! Antti Suniala is my idol...
https://www.rubberheart.com/

181 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mew

Written by: say_cheese

ubbrollsmile

Rubberheart Duo has some good vids, they are so great! Antti Suniala is my idol...
https://www.rubberheart.com/

I find this site is good for Staffs. Alot of the people who spin here have some video there. Sturgz and Knox i find are very inspiring. I try to learn from them.

https://www.soton-firespinning.co.uk/

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
what! Nobody pimping my website?

Well I'm not going to.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
There's this girl... Maggie? Madeline? Or is it Meghan...? I can't remember... She calls herself TCP on here or something...

Anyway, she has a site of tricks you can with a broom handle, or something...

wink

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

say_cheeseSILVER Member
Brown
288 posts

Posted:
cheers guys will take a peek.. wink

Go Nutella!

181 posts

Posted:
Shee, yeh i heard about her, shes pretty mad ass crazy. Isnt she part of that vodka and orange melark. Wow yeh her crazy videos are crazy ass mofo amazingly teachable. Check it out.

https://www.firestaff-tutorials.co.uk/

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
redface ooooOOh it's all too ironic for me... I'll get my coat...

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

181 posts

Posted:
Oh my she's blushing. Dont get your coat and go mcp. I'll personally thankyou for the videos they are rather amazing. I think im starting to understand fishtails with the help of your videos. Cant do them. But understanding comes first right.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
or comes with.

Richee said it best when he said that every ten times you practise the same move, you learn something new about it.

Well maybe it was him. It was somebody. Y'know? Somebody but not me.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Written by: mcp

every ten times you practise the same move, you learn something new about it.

sounds about right. smile

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

say_cheeseSILVER Member
Brown
288 posts

Posted:
yes very true, but the 9th time i hit myself round the head and have to stop. frown ouchy!

Go Nutella!

jonathanenthusiast
210 posts

Posted:
sweet, learning how much cracking yourself with the spin hurts ubblol

say_cheeseSILVER Member
Brown
288 posts

Posted:
Just thought this would be a good place to say thanks to mcp, just checked out your spanky new site, its fantastic especially with all the vids on there and the ones where you have taken the time to slow the moves down to make it easy to see how you do them. check it out guys!

thanks mcp hug hug

https://mcp.tepookatoys.com

Go Nutella!

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
biggrin

say_cheeseSILVER Member
Brown
288 posts

Posted:
rolleyes

wave

Go Nutella!

181 posts

Posted:
Yay for MCP Huzaah! Those videos kick ass for everyone. Huzaah!

daemanBRONZE Member
14 posts

Posted:
started doing staff on christmas day and got a fire the same day an would strongly advise any others against doing the same ive lost count how many times ive been burned. i wish id thought of making a practice staff first.

181 posts

Posted:
Ooo dear, yes learners should probably not light there staff when they've just started, thats unless they want to get burnt. I couldnt see the point in a practise staff so i bought a fire staff and just put socks on the end. Therefore i practise my new moves without hurting myself and hopefully not damaging my staff. Then when and only when i know i can do the move well, i shall set fire to it.

Page: