Forums > Social Discussion > I have to do this, before this date thread

Login/Join to Participate

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Ok I have a few things wirtten down on my imaginary notepad inside my head, sometimes there even on one of those old computers with green screens and a dot matrix printer!

First thing is to buy is a pair of Foxtail Sonics (wich is a throwing toy, wich is built just like a tail poi without the string and handles) and turn them into poi, so as I spin they should make noises as they woosh around me. Hehe

Second thing I want to do is to loose some weight for christmas and new years, been wanting to do this for a long time, since I lost the majority of it 6 or 7 months ago (about 4 stone in totall) ive had bits here and there I know wanna get rid off that refused to budge, and I've waited long enough to sort these out, so now there days are numberd!

The third thing is to get better at poi! Learn how to anti-spin, do many weaves, tuck turns, do corkscrews and improve my general spinning-ness, also want to be able to put all these together into a good looking poi routine, and make new ones. right now I cant do enough to do that, they dont fit together anyway even the things I can do (wich isnt alot)

The fourth thing on my list is to get a job before christmas, been out of work for ages, got one for a short time in a kitchen but it blew big time, and it wasnt full time, so was abit of a waste considering I could be on better regular hours makeing more money.

The thifth thing on my list is to pay for driving lessons and pass my driving test before march, and then after that get a car as soon as possible.

Number Six is to get my computer upgraded, right now its ok but could be better.

Think thats it. Better start quickly, puts it all into perspective the work you gotta get done!

Write your lists here people, so we can prye into each others lives and feel better about ourselves when we realise we didnt do the things we wanted to do, and at least think 'oh well he/she didnt either!'

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

LostSurferSILVER Member
I'd be in trouble if I had to eat an antelope now
278 posts

Posted:
I have to write a story about a travelling sandhopper called Dave who just wants to get to a different beach but gets lost along the way., This needs to be done by a week on monday as its a present for someone who is leaving the islands and going travelling so I thought i'd give her something a bit different to remind her of here!

Trouble is i keep floating back to HoP when i really should be writing! biggrin

"Everything in moderation. Even moderation itself. From this it follows that you must, from time to time, have excess. And this is going to be one of those occasions"

DrBooBRONZE Member
I invented the decaffinated coffee table.
453 posts

Posted:
Get someone to employ me

Write three papers and try and get at least two of them accepted for publication by the end of the year.

Sort out my wedding (cornwall) for July next year, and organise the second bit of my wedding in December (Thailand!!!) next year. Why have one wedding when you can have two!? biggrin

Play my saxophone more

Learn to spin my poi, instead of just buying more and more weavesmiley

Get fit again

Drink more red wine and eat more sushi ... yum

Hug more people
hug

Boo x

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

If it costs "a penny for your thoughts", but people give you their "two-pence worth", who is getting the extra penny?

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Written by: DrBoo

Learn to spin my poi, instead of just buying more and more weavesmiley

lol! That was pretty muc me when I first started, and im still buying more!

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

ImbalanceGOLD Member
not different, just not the same
263 posts

Posted:
1. get a job. been outa work since i got fired (for something i didn't do)

2. lose weight as well. few years ago i lost about 60 pounds and have gained a bit of that back now, though i'm not fat (weigh about 175 and im 5'11"), just not in shape. problem is i HATE gyms. Poi helps though!

3. new car (requires step #1 however) been driving an old 1990 buick my grandfather gave me before he died. Good car more or less i just can't afford to keep up with the old car problems.

4. Go start dating again. Haven't really dealt with women for some time now for various reasons, one of which being finances. Have plenty of female friends and i meet women just dont pursue since I don't wanna deal with the drama or spend the cash at the moment. gonna have to change that. (requires step 1 and 3 for sure, and probably step 2 as well lol)

5. Get better at POI! i love poi, been doing it for about 5 months, though didn't happen upon anything to teach me moves till about 2 months ago (this site) so i was just doin windmill and weave for almost 3 months as thats all my buddy knew to teach me lol. Can now do btb weaves (both directions) windmills (4bt as well), 5bt weaves both ways, reels, butterflys (both), ttns(both), 4bt ttn's both ways also, corckscrews big and small, buzszsaws and several glowstringer moves. Working on stitching everything together, i really like sticking giant windmills/butterflys in the midst of stuff, gotta clean up my planes though. hyperloops mostly elude me as do isolations for the most part. Starting to try and get dance/moving in with the poi, i can walk around and twist and turn and such but if i try and dance at all to the techno i listen too things seem to start wacking me in weird places lol.

6. Finish writing photoshop tutorials. I make some for people who ask me, but i'm a lazy S.O.B. and have started about 5 and only finished 2! click me

7 redesign my old crappy website. been meaning too for ages but never have

8. work on forums for gaming clan im involved in

9. failing #1 i need to get LOTS more business for my side business. I do graphic design (images, logos, site graphics etc) publication design, computer repair/support, computer training, network setup/support, Website design etc. anyone knows ppl who need stuff done (particularly in charlotte, north carolina U.S.A.) let me know, i'm cheap (and easy) let me know!

10. GOTTA MOVE, by end of november or so (also requires #1 or LOTS of #9, and maybe #3) My roomates whom i love to death are HAVING BABIES. They are married and have one kid (my god niece) Jillian (turned 2 in august. her first words were "Hey Joe" hehe. I'm joe just so u know) and now they have TWINS due in the end of march. so, 3 bedroom house, no room for me with kids on the way. Gotta find a place to live, would love to get a 1 bedroom studio with good high ceilings so i can do POI indoors.

so, thats my list for the moment, i'm sure there more but off the top of my head thats all i can think of!

I once learned every move that there was,
Every style, Every technique.
Then I woke up, and forgot it all,
So now I struggle to dream.

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
er...........
1. get a job
2. more poi
3. less alcohol etc.
4. grow up
5. stop being a tit
6. see all above

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
1. enjoy the moment.
2. repeat step 1.

if i find time to fit other beautiful stuff in there, it will be considered a lucky bonus!

Tenzin Gyatso teaches that if life is led as 'a preparation for life' so to speak, then we could be placing an artificial barrier to our own happiness.

better to appeciate the beautiful life you have this moment peace

ps i love you!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

ImbalanceGOLD Member
not different, just not the same
263 posts

Posted:
right, well thats all well and good, till i get evicted and have no food. sooooo i'm just gonna keep my list there and try nd get a job. then i'll enjoy the moments not spent on the corner homeless. ;-)

I once learned every move that there was,
Every style, Every technique.
Then I woke up, and forgot it all,
So now I struggle to dream.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I adore bender. Nonetheless I'm afraid I have a few other things to occupy myself between now and November 4th...

1. Lose a few pounds. I'm not really sure how many that needs to be atm.
2. Gain a few muscles. Specifically abs and chest.... tongue
3. Finish my personal statement! And then turn in my uni application...
4. Buy train tickets! Like today! eep!
5. File last years taxes.....
6. Make a doctors appt, also today, will be able to as of 8am smile

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Written by: Imbalance

right, well thats all well and good, till i get evicted and have no food. sooooo i'm just gonna keep my list there and try nd get a job. then i'll enjoy the moments not spent on the corner homeless. ;-)

and that's completely cool!
the path to enjoying, being in love with the moment isn't about deprivation as much as it isn't about overindulgence. It's just about how you can be your happiest, right here, right now, at whatever pace you are comfytable with smile

and so it pays to let go of all the worry of all that's been and done.
to be sensibly mindful of and not overly concerned with what's next
and put most of your concentration on the lovely momeeentt...riiiight....NOW!

recognise that every extra morning is another blessing smile
(ps shucks ky!! hug)

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
1. get my french up to standard to i can start the a-level my mum promised to pay for smile

2. sort out all my stuff so that i have what i need at my house & my dad can FINALLY pack all my crap away

3. sort out a sewing machine - get my old one overhauled or buy a new one

4. get out of debt

5. book driving lessons eek

6. register self-employed, join the union & sort out tax & everything that needs to be done before i start my new job VERY SOON!

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

StigSILVER Member
110 posts

Posted:
morph into a monkey

i think thats about it.......*thinks*.......yup

How do paracetamol know where the pain is???