Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > 2beat thread the needle but not split time!!!!!

Login/Join to Participate

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
i dont know if anyone else has tried this but it is possible, i can only get a few before my head gets confused, but it involves a 5btweave type wrist twist thing

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
-Thread the needles are easier butterly time

You meen:

https://www.homeofpoi.com/lessons/poi_lessons.php/poi/13

right,

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
This any help?

???

veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
Sorry was a little rude

hug hug hug hug to both of you
EDITED_BY: Vampyricacid (1128873867)

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
Backward?

Lesson 13 is Foreward 2B Thread the Needle in butterfly time, well no split time.

POI THEO(R)IST

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
But a 2 beat In Time Thread the Needle is a normal thread the needle.

Perhaps you mean 4 beat, remember that when you're counting in time you count 2, 4, 6....

if you mean 4 beat then this is probably what you're talking about:

4 beat butterfly

When i made these videos i used to refer to this as a double alternating butterfly but 4 beat butterfly is far more acuarate title because each poi does 2 circles in front followed by 2 circles behind = 4 in total for each poi

Is that the one or do you mean something totally different?

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo vampric, i know what you mean, its like the split time but instead of going though top/bottom, it goes through at the opposite side from the hand, a most satisfying move to get.

not exactly rocket science tho, how do you think 5bt butterfly weaves are done.... wink

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
??? Nx are you talking about that 4 beat butterfly or something else, i'm confuddled?

veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
ok ill call its 4beat lol ive always called it 2beat cos its the step after thread the needle. but 4beat thread the needle is done in split time usually yeah? well i've been thinking recently if you add an extra twist of the wrist you can do it in normal butterfly time.

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
Corect, its really wrist twist smile

You can continue:

Start FW TTN, move the hand that is going first over the other BTB on the other side
rather than to start the twist.
It made one circle behind your back and when it come back to front you continue with the twist to 4B.
That you can switch your hands and continue repeating.

POI THEO(R)IST

veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
indeeed, and you can also that over your shoulder, over the opposite shoulder (right over left shoulder).

long arm thread the needle is fun too, its like a newton's cradle (those things with the balls...google it lol)

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yeah ppp, 4 bt buterfly ttn, or 'the extra thread' as we used to call it...

-><- Kallisti

veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
very satisfying indeed nice and bendy and fluid, damn i thought i had found something nice and new...well its new for me and i dont think LazyAngel can do it so im happy tongue

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
cool man

there reallys isnt much diffrence between "doing something thats never been done" and "doing something Ive never done" especially if you haventy even seen anyone else do it.

tho the former is harder, in objective sence

T wave

-><- Kallisti

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Written by: Vampyricacid

do you people read?? i mean a 2beat thread the needle (as opposed to normal like the one you both suggested (but not split time (as in not spilt time)

I'm glad you have found the answer to your questions but this response to 2 members of the community who were simply trying to help is a little rude don't you think. Lots of questions on here are asked without proper control of terminology and that sometimes leads to misunderstanding. Perhaps you could be a little more aprreciative of people going out of their way to try and help, even if the response isn't what you were looking for.

veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
yeah sorry about that, hope i didnt offend anyone, love you all really!!!!
hug

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
ditto

A little courtesy can go a long way...

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
and an inch of leeway quickly turns into a mile?

T wave

-><- Kallisti

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
glad to see you've been making good use of your time spent recovering after the op. But 4bt ttn is so passe wink

Nice one mate, hope to see you soon so you can show me some of this stuff. Cabin fever set in yet?

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
redface ooooh he found the thread!!

heh cabin fever is in its 2nd week lol, i'm hoping to come out the 23rd for a spin with you, but don't hold ya breath

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
um i may have found another variation on this. so i can explain it im not going to talk about beats (much)... the 4beat ttn in by my understanding just throwing in another beat in so (in forwards butterfy) insted of the poi passing stacking one on top of the other (ttn) you go around your hand and under right??? now this is really hard but i can do it but you can throw in another beat so your poi go all the way around your arm and cross back over the top... icky also i find this move easyer backwards. to do it you need to be able to isolate and the best way to practice is holding out one arm and isolating around it... i think i need a video cos that didnt make sence sorry...

veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
it kinda sounds like 6bt or have i got the wrong end of the stick?
so you do Butterflytime 4bt then isolate in another beat?

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Hmm, well it does kinda sound like 6 beat butterfly, but that would be insane to isolate cos your arms are twisted round eachother twice and spinning in opposite directions ???

Could be talking about adding a couple Fakeys into a 4 beat butterfly??

Well if you are maintaining a butterfly pattern where each poi does 6 circles before repeating then it's the first option,

If you break out of the butterfly pattern, i'e your arms aren't extremely twisted together, then it could be the second option (or lots of other things)

Cool stuff either way,

m

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
I saw very nice combination from Bluecat on spinnach session last day. Is combination of 6B TTN and Pendulum doing independently.
Like Pendulum Weave but its different story.

POI THEO(R)IST

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
rich sounds good tell rob to teach us that one at uber oz! yeah i forgot to mention it is in split time. um spher whats a fakey...? i dont breack out of the butterfly pattern and my arms are un-naturally twisted! i have a great pair of long gangily arms that help. ur it definately is easyer backwards... i am yet to work it into a burn. also with the 4bt ttn in split time if you isolate it just slightly it feels awesome. one of my personal favorites is doing a non-turning turn (going from backwards to forwards) start with say inward 4bt ttn the do one behind your on the left come back through inwards then one behind you on the right. it feels really nice and is one of those movements that you can really loose yourself in and meditate during if thats your cuppa tea. hope i have given you somthing to play with cos this is the first post i have ever made smile

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
*appoligises for essay nature of posts* redface