Forums > Social Chat > If you had a million dollars....

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-singlemember
536 posts

Posted:
what would you do?
i would spend it on....
a new computer...
a new guitar, a "Gibson" to be precise....
and...
a Black trench coat, like the one the older
priest had in "The Exorcist"...

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

ZoltarBRONZE Member
Beginner
282 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm.... Im Australian, so one million AUD is about $12.50 US with the current conversion rate I think..... well maybe a little more, but not much

Statistics show that a majority of people who win lotterys over a million dollars have very little to show for it after only one year!! They are usually back to the socio-economic standing they were at before winning the million.

So much fire, so little body hair...

Ictusmember
60 posts

Posted:
I'd buy a new poncho.

Oh yeah...and I'd build a custom made house where all the windows and glass doors are made of sugar-glass so I can jump/dive/swing/rolly-polly through 'em whenever I feel like it.

I'd then learn to sky dive so that whenever I want I can fall from the sky and land, amongst other places, on my very own full scale old-styley wooden ship and explore the high seas. This ship would have no modern equiptment (except for a computer to keep in contact will all you HOP loverlies), and would be named 'Saltheart Foamfollower' (the giant from the Chronicals of Thomas Covenant). In the hold I'd stockpile barrels of ale, wine, vodka, and anything exotic aquired en-route.

Finally, I'd pay my good friend Zane a truckload of whatever tickles his fancy to make 'Alithiel', the rapier carried by Arithon in 'The Wars of Light and Shadow'.

Erm...how tight is this budget? Could I possibly get a tincy-wincy loan from one of you guys??

Art is a re-creation of the world according to the artist's metaphysical value-judgements -Ayn Rand

Time is the fire in which we burn -Gene Roddenberry

Jade Lynxmember
239 posts

Posted:
Well, the Barenaked Ladies ("If I Had A Million Dollars") and Camper Van Beethoven ("When I Win The Lottery") have some good ideas...

Mine run to:

Start a record label

Buy a boat big enough to go across oceans in and sail around the world (that way i could go for short inland trips and leave my animals on the boat instead of having to leave the poor kids alone for what, a year or three?)

Buy every cd i ever wanted

Custom firetoys!

Another big fave of mine would be to have a convention of all my friends. A week at a big hotel with absolutely everyone! (Being relentlessly social and doing stuff like working Faire means that i know a LOT of people...)

Endow an animal shelter

or maybe just spay/neuter 20,000 animals!

But one thing i for sure! would do is have a whole bunch of totally custom bra's made! I am SO sick never getting ones that fit right!
(I have very small ribs proportionately, so i have to buy them oversized in the band and take the sides in, and then they squish out in the wrong place is annoying as hell.)

We got the MikeZ in the house, woot!Glue the ham, hat baby!

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
1 Million Dollars? Not much of a dream amount. My dream house alone was estimated at 3.6 Million...

But anyway:
- Pay off all my debts
- Pay off my parents' house - on the condition they clean out all the clutter.
- Invest enough to live on the dividends
- Gotta give some to my friends
- As far as a house goes, mebbe I'll go halves with Pele's secluded domicile. Someone's gotta keep it up while she's off a roving
- Same with Noah's college fund
- But I would not buy a new car. I like my car. But I get razzed alot 'cause it's a Dodge Neon. To solve that, I'd customize it, but not with fancy lights, or some dumbass spoiler. Think Smoke Screens. Think Bullet Proof treatment all around. Twin-sycronized .30 caliber machine guns, hidden behind the lights. 3rd generation night-vision and HUD built into the windshield. Aft mine dispenser, for those guys with the high beams. It'd be amphibious, of course. Oh yeah, and a custom 200db sound system, so when some rice boy pulls up next to me pumpin' his bass, I can slide an old Motley Crue CD and blow his G.D. windows out.

Heh, Razz me now...

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
a mini s cooper, done up in british racing green, with a cream stripe down the middle, cream leather and walnut interior. Take out the back seat, put in a sub woofer, and six stacker cd under the passenger seat. mini mag wheels and a hornet set in resin for the gearshift.
I'd call it the green hornet~!

with the rest, i'd travel the world for a few years, backpacker style and meet all you lovelies! xoxoxoxxxo

Currently on the right side up of the world.

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
I'd buy happiness, good karma, my soulmate, and a taco.

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:

I totally forgot about helping Pele with her medical bills!

Tell ya what, Pele, if you can manage to be living near where I practice, I'll be Noah's doctor and I won't charge office visits (and yes, I will be a pediatrician).

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Awww, thank you MikeG.
You are so sweet! I bet you will make an excellent Ped, even without a million bucks!
Watch out for Mom's like me though, who know what is wrong with the kid and just need the prescription!

Prom, does that mean you will be the pool boy?
Yay! I get a pool boy and a Whipping Boy. Yeee-Haw!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
If I'm the Official Pool Boy, does that mean I get to set the dress code?

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Prometheus:
If I'm the Official Pool Boy, does that mean I get to set the dress code?
Oh boy, jeans and 20-year-old concert t-shirts.

Flash Fire, an AC Cobra? Those things rock! Big engine, little English roadster and side-pipes as bonus!

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
yesssss, I love those machines Inanimate objects rarely stimulate me as much as an AC Cobra with the exception of a few specifically designed inanimate objects, of course

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
falsh fire - surely both of the objects you're referring to bring far more satisafaction when they're moving!!

inanimate sucks

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Tambomember
97 posts

Posted:
I would pay off my debts, pay off my sisters and mums mortgages, buy my other sister a cottage by the sea, and spend the rest of the money travelling for as long as I could!

ONE DAY...........

Page: